Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Satellite @ The Sporting Emporium.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ionapaul wrote:
    Well done Dom! Can't wait to follow your progress over the weekend. It honestly seems (from all the threads and being so far away from the action as I am) that there are more boardsters playing in the open than not!

Well there are a few of us that are not Paul...:(

Anyway when you add in all the lurkers :p it probably means I'm in the majority! ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ocallagh wrote:
    Dom ya fish, never had u down as a K8 man!
    Blinds were starting to kill at that stage, and that was literally the best hand I had in a while. I said I was going to gamble before I called, and got lucky, and then Sam failed to outdraw me a few hands later with 9Ts against my AK in the BB. After that though things picked up, and I din't need the services of K8 again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

5starpool wrote:
    Ya, I'd imagine there will be a 'mixed' standard at the open. Some of the play in the SE last night was just atrocious, and it wasn't helped by the fact that from the 400/800/100 level it got a to be a bit of a pushfest, albeit necessarily so with that many runners.

Dom it did become a bit of a pushfest and thats what killed me in the end, and when i did make a move it wasn't enough to get anyone off it.... dam these Sat's.... looks like i wont be playing the main event... So close yet so Far lol...

And well played dom as i was on your table for the last hour, you played some great poker and i think i seen you get lucky ONCE, which everyone needs....
    best of luck in the main event....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wes (or anyone), did Fergus secure a ticket??

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Wes (or anyone), did Fergus secure a ticket??

nope..... his luck is not running to well.....
    we'll just ave to play the 1k event ... booooo

• Advertisement

nope..... his luck is not running to well.....
    we'll just ave to play the 1k event ... booooo
    Ah Feck. He ran KK into my Aces on Monday. Seems to be quite down about the entire thing. I know how he feels. Maybe he will get lucky tomorrow night in the super - sat.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ah Feck. He ran KK into my Aces on Monday. Seems to be quite down about the entire thing. I know how he feels. Maybe he will get lucky tomorrow night in the super - sat.

funny you should say that he lost a big hand again lastnight wit KK..... Nightmare... one of the unluckiest guys ive ever seen play KK......

one of the unluckiest guys ive ever seen play KK......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

try the super satelite wes, yourself and ferg could do very well in IO

You looked very frustrated for ages alright Wes, and you let John know what you thought of the structure too :)

• Advertisement

semibluff wrote:
    try the super satelite wes, yourself and ferg could do very well in IO

even if i got a ticket i dont think i'd be able to play as im all poker'd out :p lol.... yeah might give it ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

nice one dom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Fergus was knocked out on Sunday wiht 66 v 9Ts after he limp reraised, you want to see his face when he seen what called him!
    Think he`s playing the SUperdooper Satellite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭William Money

well done Dom, I figured u would make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Well done Dom, well deserved.

Funny, the K8 hand against Sam's 55, that was the hand you went out with last Sunday (you with the 55).

Fergus was knocked out on Sunday wiht 66 v 9Ts after he limp reraised, you want to see his face when he seen what called him!
    Think he`s playing the SUperdooper Satellite
    Joe the fergus fella is playin some good poker but lately he is getting so ul, if he does get a ticket he'll goo deep in the ME..... vg Player...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

well done 5starpool just seen this thread now.
    surfcontrol sotware at work has this site banned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

u not playin in it ROUNDERS ??

Lazare wrote:
    Well done Dom, well deserved.

Funny, the K8 hand against Sam's 55, that was the hand you went out with last Sunday (you with the 55).
    Never twigged that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

5starpool wrote:
    Never twigged that :)

I also remember you calling him a sick luckbox! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

u not playin in it ROUNDERS ??

No im out. Ive never been a big game buyer inner. Ive played just a couple of festival main events but only because i won in. Played a few of the ppp IO sunday online satts without luck.

Lazare wrote:
    I also remember you calling him a sick luckbox! :D
    Over the course of the day there was no denying it. My situation was much different, honestly. :rolleyes:

Joe the fergus fella is playin some good poker but lately he is getting so ul, if he does get a ticket he'll goo deep in the ME..... vg Player...

Fergus is a very strong TAG player. Capable of big laydowns, and big moves. He uses position well and won't let himself get run over. I have always been impressed when at his table. I agree that he could do some damage if he gets through tomorrow night.

Best of luck to him.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Fergus is a very strong TAG player. Capable of big laydowns, and big moves. He uses position well and won't let himself get run over. I have always been impressed when at his table. I agree that he could do some damage if he gets through tomorrow night.

Best of luck to him.

agreed, same applies to you... GL lloyd in the ME

Cheers Wes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

i was doing ok, then with 30 left and just needing to play one more big pot really, i played a 100k pot with oberon, and for once, he had it......

i was doing ok, then with 30 left and just needing to play one more big pot really, i played a 100k pot with oberon, and for once, he had it......
    :eek: That generally means game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

LuckyLloyd wrote:

Best of luck to him.
    i wasnt disputing his abilities although i dont agree completely with what has been said. he is certainly capable of making big laydown but i dont see him making too many big moves. id say he is a very capable ABC TAG player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

poker sucks!

got 6 playable hands in 3 hours, this is so sick - it looked like i was a rock! my range is so wide it was unbelievable:

KQ
    KJ
    A5
    ...and J2s lol

(every other hand were unsuited 3+ gappers, with the high card being 10 or less !!!!! (my range threshold!)

that **** just aint funny

coupled with the fact that the table only had one donk on it (me) - ollieb, nf rob, and all the others were familiar and good. The table was more/less silent - it was realy surreal.

I did enjoy watchin the footie, and the dealer had a serious pair with helped me pass the time

I ventured to the cash table 1/2 plhe and i've got to say that the standard is oh soooooo bad, it is truely unbelieveable - i play local alot with awful standard, but i still get surprised when i visit our fine capital that it is worse!! - the funny difference with us and ye is that we don't think that we're any good - it truely was comical!

I finally took my frustration out on a roulette wheel - won 1k in 1st and only spin and went home lol

I've decided not to play the ME coz i'm runnin oh so bad in tourneys, terrible waist of 3.5k with my confidence at rock bottom, but i will play the 1k on sunday thanks to number 8 !!

rant over feel beter already! gl all playin in the ME, hope to cyas on sunday

bops!

• Advertisement

bops wrote:
    poker sucks!

got 6 playable hands in 3 hours, this is so sick - it looked like i was a rock! my range is so wide it was unbelievable:

KQ
    KJ
    A5
    ...and J2s lol

(every other hand were unsuited 3+ gappers, with the high card being 10 or less !!!!! (my range threshold!)

that **** just aint funny

coupled with the fact that the table only had one donk on it (me) - ollieb, nf rob, and all the others were familiar and good. The table was more/less silent - it was realy surreal.

I did enjoy watchin the footie, and the dealer had a serious pair with helped me pass the time

I ventured to the cash table 1/2 plhe and i've got to say that the standard is oh soooooo bad, it is truely unbelieveable - i play local alot with awful standard, but i still get surprised when i visit our fine capital that it is worse!! - the funny difference with us and ye is that we don't think that we're any good - it truely was comical!

I finally took my frustration out on a roulette wheel - won 1k in 1st and only spin and went home lol

I've decided not to play the ME coz i'm runnin oh so bad in tourneys, terrible waist of 3.5k with my confidence at rock bottom, but i will play the 1k on sunday thanks to number 8 !!

rant over feel beter already! gl all playin in the ME, hope to cyas on sunday

bops!

LOL Number 8, Nice hit...

Advertisement