Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Satellite @ The Sporting Emporium.

Options
  • 02-04-2007 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Just to remind everyone that we are having our final satellite for the Irish open Tue 3rd April.

Seats are limited 120 players max so please arrive early to avoid disappointment.

Doors open from 7pm for single table feeder games/Blind Omaha etc.

Registration 8:30pm cards in the air 9pm,

€150 + €15 Buy-in 3,500 chips
    €150 Re-buy/Top-up 5,000 chips

20/30 min Levels

You all know the drill by now, see you there

Good Luck!

John.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

John, please post starting stacks and rebuy amounts please as not everyone knows what they are and it is the forum rules as per charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

John stick me down, i'll be there to donate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

any guaranteed prizepool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭zsoulking

Hi,

No guarantee,

116 players played two weeks ago with ten players qualifying I estimate at least five tickets up for grab’s probably more.

Some Scandinavians arrived today asking about it so I anticipate a good turn out maybe even a sell out.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Hi,
    Will you stick me down on the list,

Cheers

• Advertisement

I'll be there by 7.30 probably, and watch the first half of the Liverpool match there. It annoys me to not watch it in comfort but I want to get a damn ticket for this thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Hope to make it in for this for my 1st real IO Sat. but I may be acting nurse at home :-( (nothing kinky ok) If I don't make it. I'd like to wish the players that know me all the best and I hope you get a ticket for this, I may have to wait until next year. Make sure you book tomorrow morning off work also otherwise you'll end up getting a ticket and then be too knackered by Friday to play your best.

Dom as there are a few tickets, please dispense with JJ as though it were 22. (sorry I managed to see the final table online last night..:eek: .)

Tell me about it. I think the one prize aspect had me being too ambitious. Preflop I went between folding, going all in and calling in the space of about 2 seconds in my head. I hated the flop, yet still went against my instincts 'on a gamble'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Hi,

Could you put my name down for this, Eoin Olin, dont want to end up on the alternates list again.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,125 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

my cheque from work still hasnt come through,
    looks like I wont be luckboxing my way to the last IO sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

John

can you please put me on the list for this, i'm definitely going in

Phil Dunne.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

Hi John

Please stick my name down too - I'm on he way (from wexford)

EDIT: Ian Ronan BTW

cheers

(...i'm only going in order to bust mr pillow talk!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

bops wrote:
    Hi John

Please stick my name down too - I'm on he way (from wexford)

EDIT: Ian Ronan BTW

cheers

(...i'm only going in order to bust mr pillow talk!)

contemplating going to this just to bust bops:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭The Ace Face

What time do we need to turn up at to get into this sat? Will 8 be ok?

If not I'm an existing member ...... Ray Wheatley...put me down..... defo heading over...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

count me in too please

i will be there, no excuses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

130 runners i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Any updates/boardies win tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I went in level 2, played so spectacularly poorly Im considering not playing on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

i went out at 150/300/25 level, had my RRAI called preflop by KQ sooooted and lost the race for a 15K pot....

I got a ticket. Yay me!!! Off to bed now to sleep, had to come on and brag first though. Willow won one for Eamonn, Oberon got one but wants to sell it I think and the guy who came 3rd last night in the $100 boards game got one, but I don't know his name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

congrats ... deserve to be there. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

N1 Dom

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good work Dom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

excellent stuff Dom.
    how many ticket were won last nite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Nice one Dom, see ya Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Drafted a friend of mine into the Syndicates game on Sunday, he heard about the SE game there turned up and won a ticket......:-)

As for me, still havn't played a Sat yet and now it looks like I'm coming down with a bad dose of something. So if I had one I'd be a doubt anyway..... I'd advise people to stay at home until Friday as there is some mad bug going around.

Congrats to all btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

I went out before the break!!! apparently my AK sooted is no match for A3offsuit and a raise preflop, and oh everyone is physcic and can see that I raise to 500 with Pocket Kings in MP and noone plays:( Then the next hand there is all ins all over the shop. I played very poorly in spots aswell, didn't feel great to be honost and while sitting there playing cards realised that I didn't want to be there. Better shake this feeling quickly cause Fridays coming up soooon.

Congratulations Dominic and im delighted for willow aswell. As you would say yourself about bleedin time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'll give you a grudging well done Dom. No more than that. Would have been funnier to taunt you about not getting there in the end...seeya Friday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

WP Dom. Congrats and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

n1 Dom, I knew you'd end up playing the IO somehow!

Advertisement