Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Satellite at the Sporting Emporium Tue 20th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Ollieboy wrote:
    Was going along nicely until I ran a set into Willows nut flush, got the set on the river, but had willow on 2 pair, poor call by me. Must say how disappoint I was with another boardies reaction to my muck of my cards, calling my integrity and honour into question. I'll be hoping for a full public apology in relation to this.

Were you out of the tourney when you mucked? If so thats shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Ocallagh and Halfbaked are still in last I saw 30 minutes ago with about 16 left.

Neither had a particularly big stack but they looked pretty determined.

Willow, Vera, full tilt guy (Oz) and a few others were also there.

Nicnic and KP went pretty deep but had gone out a little bit before I left the SE.

As for myself I was hit by "big carditis" from an early stage (which was very painful and costly top two versus a set, AA v AA etc) I recovered after getting a bit of old fashioned dogging medicine into me me but this was quickly followed by a fatal dose of "good call, bad result syndrome" which proved fatal (AJ v AT on a QJ9 board)!

At least the cash tables seem to be proving reasonably kind to me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

ollieboy wrote:
    Must say how disappoint I was with another boardies reaction to my muck of my cards, calling my integrity and honour into question. I'll be hoping for a full public apology in relation to this.
    Who was it Ollie?? What happened?
    ollky1 wrote:
    At least the cash tables seem to be proving reasonably kind to me.....
    i assume you are now home ollyk? How many runners did it get?
    ditpoker wrote:
    player gone... NEVER playing tired again. played 8 hands... and gone... in one terrible hand. You know when you sit at a table and watch a player play a hand a certain way and you then mark him down as an absolute donk... well welcome to donkville.. population ME! mickste was at the table and will no doubt agree how s^&t at cards i am... oh dear... well there goes 150!
    What happened here jeff?Olly?
    Still hate me jeff?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

i assume you are now home ollyk? How many runners did it get?

Good assumption I'm not posting on boards from the cash tables anyway!! :p:p

I'm not 100% sure on the numbers Joe but it was 110+

Bottom line was 9 tickets and €150 for 10th (maybe they'll throw in a tin of biscuits as well for the bubble boy or bubble girl - just to ease the pain like!)

ollyk1 wrote:
    Good assumption I'm not posting on boards from the cash tables anyway!! :p:p

I'm not 100% sure on the numbers Joe but it was 110+

Bottom line was 9 tickets and €150 for 10th (maybe they'll throw in a tin of biscuits as well for the bubble boy or bubble girl - just to ease the pain like!)
    110 runners, i think the SE and its staff deserve a pat on the back for this wp gg nh etc. Be interesting to see how many boarsies get tickets now. its been unreal how many are already qualifed. must start a thread soon to see who is actually in it.
    I was thinkin maybe there was WiFI at the cash tables now no?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Originally Posted by Ollieboy
    Was going along nicely until I ran a set into Willows nut flush, got the set on the river, but had willow on 2 pair, poor call by me. Must say how disappoint I was with another boardies reaction to my muck of my cards, calling my integrity and honour into question. I'll be hoping for a full public apology in relation to this.

I asked to see Ollie's cards at the conclusion of a massive pot in which Willow went all-in on the river and Ollie called (for IanMac's benefit, it was Willow and not Ollie that was all-in here, Ollie had a stack behind).

Anyway, I was the big blind in the hand, so naturally I was curious to see what cards Ollie had been raising my BB with. So while Ollie was mucking, and before Ollie's cards actually hit the muck, I asked the dealer not to put his cards in the muck while we got a ruling.

Dealer gathered in his cards, however, but she kept them at the edge of the muck and everyone else at the table except Ollie agreed that they were identifiably his cards. TD John made a ruling, said Ollie's cards were in the muck and were staying there.

I accepted the ruling, no problem whatsoever. I didn't call anyone's integrity or honour into question, merely asked to see an opponent's cards at showdown, which I am entitled to.

Storm in a teacup.

i presume that judging by ollie editing his above post he has forgotton all about it. probably more annoyed at not winning a ticket than any of that guff... seems reasonable enough explanation Fwiw, although it is most likely annoying having to show your cards after losing what you described as a massive pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Just home now after doing a deal when down to 10. Everyone paid 300 and were guaranteed a ticket with 10th having to pay an extra 250. Myself, Ocallagh (who was on my immediate left all night despite both us moving tables 3 times!) and TheRigger were the boardsies who won tickets.

Fair play to Ocallagh who suggested the deal 10 handed as everyone bar two players had less than 10bbs.

Shattered but delighted.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

ollyk1 wrote:
    Ocallagh and Halfbaked are still in last I saw 30 minutes ago with about 16 left.

Neither had a particularly big stack but they looked pretty determined.

Willow, Vera, full tilt guy (Oz) and a few others were also there.

Nicnic and KP went pretty deep but had gone out a little bit before I left the SE.

[/SIZE]

went out in 19 in a QQ v AK race for about 125k which is about 15% of the chips in play so pretty sure i can get a ticket if i win it. I had raised to 20k with the qq and called a push for another 37k with blinds of 2k4k and 400 ante. had just lost an allin pre for a 28k pot against a shortstack with KJ VK10, 10 on flop which would of given me 85k instead of the 57k so i may well of gotten away from the queens had i won that but i doubt it as i felt there were in good shape against the pushers range.

was just talking to Pat Storen from Waterford and a deal was struck with ten left Pat was chip leader at the time with approx 200k, Think OCallagh Halfbaked are in also Paul Higgins got in

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

aye, got thru :)

You didn't get the rub of the green Nic, think there might be another one at the SE in 2 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done lads! As someone mentioned above, would love to see a post / thread with a definitive list of boardsies who have qualified - maybe in the main section? Can't wait to follow the action via Antes Up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

Well done to all. The deal seemed like a pretty good brain wave from ocallagh. Playing 5 handed on the bubble sounded like it would be a nitemare with those blinds. GL to all in the main event. ill see u there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I heard about a similar deal before so that's where I got the idea. I just decided to throw it out there and see what everyone thought. I don't think the two CLs were too happy! But even the CLs were one or two 50-50's from getting knocked out on the bubble. Most of us had between 50 and 100k which was between 6 and 12 BBs, so €300 seemed like nothing to guarantee a ticket for everyone. I managed to hover between 50and 60k after I doubled with AQ v 66.

Have to say sry to a few people I dogged. It turned into a push fest from about 3 tables out. I lost all my chips with AT v AK but somehow came back from 3400. On the way back from the dead my KT dogged TT and A2 dogged AT:) and that's forgetting about my AK v KK earlier on... :rolleyes:

I had Peter (Halbaked) to my right the entire night whcih was ridiculous seeming as we randomly drew for at least 3 seat changes throughout the night. We clashed in only one pot which was amazing really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

The-Rigger wrote:
    aye, got thru :)

You didn't get the rub of the green Nic, think there might be another one at the SE in 2 weeks time.

N1 well done and to all the others. Personally was a bit annoyed for five minutes but hell how can u be upset to lose a race. I'll probably play the Macau Saturday similar format to tonight's and there's an 18 player two ticket freeroll in blazingaces at the EOM and maybe the SE again. I dont seem to get the rub of the green there as you put it but boy what value the SE satts are. some of the players there tonight, well WOW!! if I dont hit in any of those three think it'll be antes up coverage as i cant see myself buying in

ocallagh wrote:
    I heard about a similar deal before so that's where I got the idea. I just decided to throw it out there and see what everyone thought. I don't think the two CLs were too happy! But even the CLs were one or two 50-50's from getting knocked out on the bubble.

It didn't make a lot of sense for the big chipleader who had 180k, but he didn't really want to rock the boat and cause a stir, I had about 130k, but I did have 180k at one point but got wittled down a bit as mid-stacks enjoyed shoving on my bb as it didn't make sense for me to play without a big PP.

As you say, it all could of turned quickly with the structure, so, no point tempting fate :)

I'm glad we didn't play that 50-50 allin on our 1st table, there was room for both of us to get tickets :D
    nicnicnic wrote:
    if I dont hit in any of those three think it'll be antes up coverage

I have faith you will be playing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Well done again to halfbaked, ocallagh and therigger for getting through. Good to see a few more boards boys getting a ticket......and Niall for monopolising IO qualifiers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

well played lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

nicnicnic wrote:
    some of the players there tonight, well WOW!!

And you didnt even get to see BigSlick playing on the cash table :D

Well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

nice one lads,
    Ocallagh keep my ticket for me ,i will get it off you next time i see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

WP lads. KP i think thats fine. nothing wrong there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

kpnuts wrote:
    I asked to see Ollie's cards at the conclusion of a massive pot in which Willow went all-in on the river and Ollie called (for IanMac's benefit, it was Willow and not Ollie that was all-in here, Ollie had a stack behind).

Anyway, I was the big blind in the hand, so naturally I was curious to see what cards Ollie had been raising my BB with. So while Ollie was mucking, and before Ollie's cards actually hit the muck, I asked the dealer not to put his cards in the muck while we got a ruling.

Dealer gathered in his cards, however, but she kept them at the edge of the muck and everyone else at the table except Ollie agreed that they were identifiably his cards. TD John made a ruling, said Ollie's cards were in the muck and were staying there.

I accepted the ruling, no problem whatsoever. I didn't call anyone's integrity or honour into question, merely asked to see an opponent's cards at showdown, which I am entitled to.

Storm in a teacup.

Wow, I'm totally shock at your recollection of events that you have KP and this is far from over and definately far from a storm in a tea cup. I declared my had verbally to you as the cards were the muck, but you refused to accept this and want the cards taken out of the muck. I only had 1600 left 200/400 blinds and 100 ante so I was more or less allin and out of the game. You behaviour was totally unacceptable and you called my honesty and integrity into question along with making everyone else on the table feeling uncomfortable, just because it was your bb i raise. I found this totally childish on your behalf. I also offer to take the cards out of the muck as I had nothing to gain at this stage and either did you. I can post a full run down of the events at a later stage if required, but I told you if you ask for a ruling after me declaring my hand, that I would take it as a personal insult.

I decided to retract the above statement as I felt this was not the place to discuss this matter with you, but seen as you have now already told misinformation about what happen, I think this is a matter that will have to be sort between us. ( and not a grudge match before anyone asks). I also wish you and the rest of the table good luck when leaving and didnt even get a acknowledge from you. I've very disappoint by your behaviour as I would have expect more from a pro-player, but this matter is now personal and I'll accept a full apology but wish to have no further conversation or involved with you after this matter is over.

You can pm me for my mobile number required.

Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Pomposity lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Ollieboy wrote:
    Wow, I'm totally shock at your recollection of events that you have KP and this is far from over and definately far from a storm in a tea cup. I declared my had verbally to you as the cards were the muck, but you refused to accept this and want the cards taken out of the muck. I only had 1600 left 200/400 blinds and 100 ante so I was more or less allin and out of the game. You behaviour was totally unacceptable and you called my honesty and integrity into question along with making everyone else on the table feeling uncomfortable, just because it was your bb i raise. I found this totally childish on your behalf. I also offer to take the cards out of the muck as I had nothing to gain at this stage and either did you. I can post a full run down of the events at a later stage if required, but I told you if you ask for a ruling after me declaring my hand, that I would take it as a personal insult.

I decided to retract the above statement as I felt this was not the place to discuss this matter with you, but seen as you have now already told misinformation about what happen, I think this is a matter that will have to be sort between us. ( and not a grudge match before anyone asks). I also wish you and the rest of the table good luck when leaving and didnt even get a acknowledge from you. I've very disappoint by your behaviour as I would have expect more from a pro-player, but this matter is now personal and I'll accept a full apology but wish to have no further conversation or involved with you after this matter is over.

You can pm me for my mobile number required.

Oliver

LOL :D

"Ah I dont bother with them pot odds, sure if you didnt get your money in behind in this game you'd never make a shilling"

The Chief advises on strategy and pot odds!!

one of the best poker quotes ever! Can I steal it? I want to see it everyday :D

I knocked the Chief out last night, I was fully expecting to get chiefed (hoping, in a sick way, my day will come no doubt!).

I even asked him was he going to Chief me, just to encourage him to call and remind him of the prize on offer.

I think there should be a Chief related forum. :rolleyes:

A poker book from the Chief? Any idea's on potential titles?

'Deuce on the river' by The Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

kpnuts wrote:

All I will say is that the above is probably unhelpful as, even if you don't agree with his point of view, Ollie seems seriously offended by what went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

kpnuts wrote:

Proves my point.

You were in the wrong and now you cant backtrack from it and the whole table saw it. Maybe you should try acting like a man sometime....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Objective opinion here...and this does bring up an interesting point in general about poker.

If someone asks me what cards I have before/after I mucked them, I'd usually lie. I do however consider my integrity to be of the highest but I leave a bit of it at the door when I'm playing poker. Opponents want info, we should normally not want to give them the info. If someone insults you directly that's one thing but when it comes to trying to get info
    your word or anyone elses word should not be taken at face value, after all why would you tell the truth, poker is not about that, especially hold em. It's about deception amongst other things. I don't think it should be looked upon as a personal insult. It's a thin line but if you look at it from the outside you'll see what I mean.

Having said that I'm sure an experienced player like you would know this so I'm guessing there is something else going on here. Pardon the intrusion, but it does bring up an interesting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I think Ollie is jealous that KP can wear a Fedora and still look cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

The-Rigger wrote:
    one of the best poker quotes ever! Can I steal it? I want to see it everyday :D .

go for it.

The-Rigger wrote:
    'Deuce on the river' by The Chief.

all time bestseller - the chapter on opponents reverse implied 2 outer tilt odds will surely go down a treat.

KP/Ollie - come on now lads, the poker circut in Ireland is a small one and you both will be in each others company many many times again. You are both highly respected players who have no need to get into this on a public forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

ntlbell wrote:
    I think Ollie is jealous that KP can wear a Fedora and still look cool.

Spiral cool?
    Chief Cool?
    Mercat cool?

Not any cool looking dudes on the Irish poker scene, although I think I'm the only one who can look cool in the clothes I wear. Dunnes finest..(oops advertising can get me banned..again)

Advertisement