Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Satellite at the Sporting Emporium Tue 20th March

Options
  • 20-03-2007 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Irish Open Satellite at the Sporting Emporium Tue 20th March

Win your ticket for the Irish Open this Tuesday

€150 + €15 with 1 Re-Buy or Top-Up.

Starting stack 3,500 with 5,000 for Re-Buy or Top-Up

Clock 20/30 min.

Doors open from 7pm for single table satellites, main game starts at 9pm sharp.
    Please arrive by 8:30 for registration.

Last time we had 5 qualifiers I would expect at least 6 this time around.

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

anyone playing this? was planning on heading in but %$^ed up sleeping patterns may prevent it! :p what time will this end at roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

i left at 3am last time at 13th. expect to be still playing by 5pm structure brilliant, will porb go in myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

will there be anymore of these? wont be able to make it tonight but might this day two weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

yeah i'm heading into this, might as well give a donation to the cause....!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

sikes wrote:
    will there be anymore of these? wont be able to make it tonight but might this day two weeks

Tonight is your last chance to qualify from the SE Sikes. I'll be heading in myself to give it a go. Expect a 5am finish, not 5pm as Joe says :p

• Advertisement

as per my poker rules for 2007 i must sadly choose not to play this. simply too tired to realistically concentrate until 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Overtime sucks. Good luck to everyone who gives this a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Flushdraw wrote:
    Tonight is your last chance to qualify from the SE Sikes. I'll be heading in myself to give it a go. Expect a 5am finish, not 5pm as Joe says :p

ah crap.

gl to those heading in tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

think ill be heading in myself - but gona give it a go off jus one buy in, see how that goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

semibluff wrote:
    think ill be heading in myself - but gona give it a go off jus one buy in, see how that goes!

Don't bother. By doing that you are simply adding value to the field with a significantly decreased chance of success. If the game is above your bankroll don't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

when i played the last one i knew there was little point in playing if i couldnt afford to Top up - so i played and won a satellite. it would imo be a waste of 150 rather than a saving of it, if you decided you couldnt r/b top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

think i'll play this too

ocallagh wrote:
    think i'll play this too

Youre having a laugh, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

could i get a copy of those rules, as i've lost my way recently :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

thanks for the advice, but i heard a few guys won tickets by just doing this. my reasoning is that ill jus play very loose - and with my other 150 ill play cash and win back my 165 - hence free rolling. master plan in theory huh???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

ocallagh wrote:
    think i'll play this too
    for me you mean !
    its nice to find you drunk and have you sign on a contract Niall.:D

Gholimoli wrote:
    for me you mean !
    its nice to find you drunk and have you sign on a contract Niall.:D

If you want an alibi for this Niall, it will cost you 10% :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Flushdraw wrote:
    If you want an alibi for this Niall, it will cost you 10% :p
    feck off man and leave my % alone,i have video graphic evidance of the contract agreed my one Mr Gholimoli and a one Mr Ocallagh of certain arrangments and this **** will stand up in court.

Gholimoli wrote:
    feck off man and leave my % alone,i have video graphic evidance of the contract agreed my one Mr Gholimoli and a one Mr Ocallagh of certain arrangments and this **** will stand up in court.

LOL and considering Niall cant even remember being in the SE that night, you have a good case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Pre match beverage, all welcome?

• Advertisement

Pre match beverage, all welcome?

Have you got this quote saved to save time?

off to bed with me for an hour.. might still make this. anyone wanna stake me!? go on... lloyd!?! no!?

Flushdraw wrote:
    Have you got this quote saved to save time?

Ive come to terms with my poker addiction dont make me face my other demons too, lol

Ive come to terms with my poker addiction dont make me face my other demons too, lol

What boozer will you be in? Gonna leave shortly but might play a quick satellite in the SE first

Reckon Ill have one in the boozer on the cornere outside, is it kehoes? i can never remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Sadly the poker gods seem to have decided that i'm not allowed to play in this.

Reckon Ill have one in the boozer on the cornere outside, is it kehoes? i can never remember.

Thats the one..Might see u in a bit

player gone... NEVER playing tired again. played 8 hands... and gone... in one terrible hand. You know when you sit at a table and watch a player play a hand a certain way and you then mark him down as an absolute donk... well welcome to donkville.. population ME! mickste was at the table and will no doubt agree how s^&t at cards i am... oh dear... well there goes 150!

EDIT: just worked out, jan/feb +€3,000, March, -€760... i hate march!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

9 tickets and some very lucrative cash tables tonight.

Damn this work lark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Was going along nicely until I ran a set into Willows nut flush, got the set on the river, but had willow on 2 pair, poor call by me.

Advertisement