Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 thumbscrew

MagDee wrote: »
    hi there, i do polymer clay cake toppers figurines and jewellery and would have no problem either putting your name down for a more public workshop (I'm planning it for April this year) or a private one in your own time. I teach polymer clay colour, shape techniques and also mixed media projects (what good is my clay pendant if I can't hang it properly? :)

I've also picked up basics of wire wrapping so we can do mixed projects altogether. my deviant art page and my Etsy store

or maybe there is anyone else interested? I've seen some polymer clay workshops avaialble in UK but the pricing is ridiculous especially for beginners levels.

wow! love your wedding figurines! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rockhound

Stillorgan Senior college has some great tutors, good success rate as stepping stone to 3rd level ART colleges

Hi there,

This is for anybody interested in Stone Carving Classes in the Dublin area.
    We are currently running classes from our D15 studios.

All levels welcome, we cover all handcarving techniques such as pitching, punching, clawtooling and chiseling. The idea is to come away from the classes with a better understanding of carving and a finished stone sculpture of your own.

The classes run throughout the year. We run a 6 week evening class and also a weekend class.

To get more information log onto www.richardhealysculptures.com
    My contact details are available on the website. Get in touch and I will forward on all relevant info to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hydro 69.

Hi Folks does anyone know if there is wood carving classes being held anywhere. I would appreciate some info. Thanks.

Hey Hydro

I know a sculptor by the name of Ken Drew holds a woodcarving course in Dublin city. He has a website. Google him and drop him a line

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snowdon80

Hi Rockhound,

I would definitely be interested in sculpting classes. I'm not great at art, Inter Cert C+, 1994 :), but I would presume that wouldn't be a problem. I mentioned it to my OH, and she'd be pretty keen too. Can only do Saturday's though.

Can you PM me with the details.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭briscotti

Hydro 69. wrote: »
    Hi Folks does anyone know if there is wood carving classes being held anywhere. I would appreciate some info. Thanks.

I recently saw advertised in the Shankill area (South County Dublin) community newsletter that there is a professional Woodworker offering woodworking classes using the lathe. I know it is not carving, but he might be able to help you if you asked? The classes offered are for 2 people, or on a one to one basis. Let me know if interested and I will pass on his number for you to get in touch (don't have it near at the moment!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hydro 69.

Rockhound wrote: »
    Hey Hydro

I know a sculptor by the name of Ken Drew holds a woodcarving course in Dublin city. He has a website. Google him and drop him a line

Thanks Rockhoiund you the Man, I will look up that Website for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 senisejus

My first handbag:D
    paintu.JPG
    I would be interested in comments.

senisejus wrote: »
    My first handbag:D
    paintu.JPG
    I would be interested in comments.

absolutely. beautiful :)

you should be delighted!!!! lovely colour leather as well! did you buy the leather.. in sheets or something, or is it upcycled fabric from a jacket? how does that work? ...i've always wondered!!

• Advertisement

its my only first work, i,ve bought leather in sheet. But u can do a same work from old jacket or smth. But its long process.

the braiding (is that what its called?) around the edges is beautiful :) did you do this at home or did you go to a class ?

yes braiding, i am working at home. I can teach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emo Craft and Farmers Market

Hi all,

Delighted to let you all know that the Emo Craft & Farmers Market is back! Our relaunch Market is April 3rd.

We’re looking forward to seeing you all there and welcome any ideas and/or applications. We are always on the look out for people to give demos of their trade, craft workers, food producers, entertainers …….

Please “like” our new FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emo-Craft-Farmers-Market/197514190272371.

Teresa
    emocraftandfarmersmarket@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vali Radu

HI EVERYBODY,DOES ANYONE KNOW A COURSE IN ARTS AND PAINTING FOR CHILDREN IN LUCAN AREA?MY DAUGHTER WOULD LIKE TO STUDY IT...SHE IS IN FIRST CLASS NOW.THANKS:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sara001

snorlax wrote: »
    been to a good course in either art or crafts? setting up a course? for all course related post please post in this thread only.

name of course/ contact or website address/ what they do / and why you would recommend them. any posts out side of this sticky advertsing such courses will be deleted so please use this sticky as a resources.

the one i would recommend (seen as someone resurrected the thread below this)

is http://dublindays.myhosting247.com/index.html and http://trinityartsworkshop.blogspot.com/

mainly made up of non-students, classes are small, teacher is good and all materials inlcuded. not too dear either (10eur for non-students). pm me or check website for more details. they also do pottery and life drawing 4/5days a week

Materials are supplied for all classes. Classes are run an a come as you
    please basis apart from those marked with an asterix- these are run as a
    series of weeks which must be taken together.

Thanks dear friend its awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MegBlub

There is another craft event coming up it TOG: an Easter workshop

More infos can be found here:
    http://www.tog.ie/2011/03/easter-coming/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cardartkilcoole

Creative Card Making

Beginners Class Starting

Tuesday the 12th of April

With Yvonne Tune

Kilcoole Craft Club

Time 10.30 to 1.30

At the Art-n-Hobby Shop Greystones

Where I will teach you Card making, starting with the basics,

Matting and Layering, Decoupage, Scoring different folds,

Embossing, Floral finishes, Ribbon Art,

How to get the best from your punches,

How to use the Die Cutting Machines

How to get Colour Combinations right,

And so much more.

We will make 2 cards at each class

Places limited to 8

All you need to bring is a notepad and pencil. full details on my blog.

http://cardartblogkilcoole.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jennieb

Hi,

I am organising a charity craft & food fair in aid of the Mervue Order Of Malta. I am witting to you as we are looking for talented crafts people "YOU!" to exhibit on the day.

Date: 23rd April 2011
    Time: 11am-5pm

It is €25 indoor and €20 Outdoor for the day and €3 extra if you require a table (we will have limited tables on the day so if you can bring your own, just let me know the size so i can reserve your space.) We have both indoor and outdoor spaces available on the day.

I am requesting that all payments for your table on the day are made in advance as to avoid any confusion on the day, you can either arrange to meet me or send a cheque postal order made payable to Mervue Order of Malta to Jennie Browne, 57 Ard Alainn, Merlin Park, Galway.

If you are interested in exhibiting on the please feel free to contact me (Mod Snip) VIA PM. If you know anyone who may be interested could you please pass this on.

If you could confirm whether you will be joining us on the day asap please.

Any help would be much appreciated to make this event a great day alongside showing people what talented crafts men & women we have left in Galway.

Thanking you in advance

Jennie Browne
    Mervue Order Of Malta.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 code187.2010

Sat June 11th 2011 from 12 noon (near Fermoy Co.Cork)

We are looking for crafts people who would like to set up a stall in our craft village at this years event. Pitches are free of charge and are open to all types of crafts and country produce except cooked foods or confectionery,car boot sale type products and bric a brac will not be permitted.

Limited camping facilities available free of charge on a first come first served basis .

This years event promises to be bigger and better then ever if that's possible.
    Full bar on site,all day BBQ,tea /coffee and hot and Cold Snacks,Live music,kids Talent show, fancy dress,dog show,vintage display,poultry show,birds of prey display,sheaf throwing, tug of war, numerous other attractions.
    All proceeds go to Clondulane National School
    To book a pitch contact via PM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cardartkilcoole

Creative Card Making
    Workshop in Kilkenny
    Saturday the 14th of May
    in the Bridge Centre, Loughboy,
    Full details on my Workshop page Here

Summer Card Making Workshops
    at the Park View Hotel
    Newtownmountkennedy
    12th of June and 25th of September
    Full details on my Workshop page Here

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Derrin

Please email for an application form.
    emocraftandfarmersmarket@gmail.com

Visit us on Facebook.

Upcoming Market Dates

April 17th

May 1st, 15th & 29th

June 12th & 26th

July 10th & 24th

Winter dates to be confirmed.

D15 studios is running a 6 week Stone Carving course.

The evening course takes place on Monday Nights for 6 weeks beginning May 9 from 6.30pm to 9.30pm (excluding Bank Holiday Monday June 20th) Course cost €200, deposit €50.
    The weekend course takes place on Saturday May 14 and Sunday May 15 from 9.30am 5.00pm Course cost €200, deposit €50.

The course is suitable for all levels, including beginners. Participants will be tutored on a one-to-one basis to support each person in realising their own project. Participants may be able to go away with a finished piece of work or with a sculpture that can be easily finished away from the studio. You may already have an idea of what you wish to carve. If you have no set ideas then that is fine; a suitable project can be set for you. Materials and tools will be provided, the only thing necessary to bring are steel capped safety boots.

contact me if you are interested

www.richardhealysculptures.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

The 40th International Pan Celtic Festival will be hosted in the Gaeltacht of Corca Dhuibhne/Dingle Peninsula, Co. Kerry, from 27th April – 30th April 2011.
    As part of this festival we are holding a 2 day celebration of Irish Lace-making in An Díseart, Sráid an Doirín, An Daingean, Co. Chiarraí

The Exhibition - 29th April - 30th April 2011
    This exhibition will consist of samples of different kinds of Irish Lace.

The Seminar - Friday 29th April 2011
    Admission Free
    Time: 2pm-5pm
    • Talks on the History of Irish Lace with Máire Treanor and Nora Finnegan, two of Irelands finest lace-makers.
    • A viewing of ‘'Irish Lace' from *Hands* a series of documentaries made for RTE in the 1970’s and 1980’s, on the final years of traditional rural and urban life in Ireland.
    • Question and Answers session at the end of the seminar, where you can bring along your antique lace to be identified by Máire and Nora.
    • Book launch of Clones Lace and Youghal Lace
    The Workshops Saturday 30th April 2011
    Workshop Times: Morning 10am – 1pm or Afternoon 2.30pm – 5.30pm
    Irish Crochet Lace with Máire Treanor
    Kenmare Lace with Nora Finnegan
    Basic sewing and crochet skills required for the workshop.
    Cost: €40 (€20 non-refundable deposit to book your place).

Please make cheque or postal order payments to Pan Celtic Corca Dhuibhne, Ionad Forbartha Gnó, Páirc Ghnó an Daingin, An Daingean, Co. Chiarraí. Registration forms to book a place at the workshop can be downloaded from the Pan Celtic website www.panceltic.ie
    Limited spaces of 12 available for each workshop.

For more information
    Tel: 086 3993241
    Email: woollyway@gmail.com
    For updates visit The Woolly Way of Ireland blog

Books and materials, and the Hands DVD series will be available to purchase at the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Uncorruptable

Hi,

Having read the charter just to be sure not to break any rules i am posting notice of an upcoming exhibition,

Bolshoi Ballet Exhibition

Entire collection available to be viewed here

As the link shows the body of work will be of actual pictures of the bolshoi reproduced on canvass using oils.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CraftDaft

Hi Crafters

If there are any Crafters out there who are interested in participating in Craft and food events in the West, or would like to promote their own events, CraftWest is looking for you.

CraftWest.net is a site that will shortly be up and running to promote and organise events in the West.

If you are interested in exhibiting or need more information please, don't hesitate to contact CraftWest. Crafters from all over, beginners or established, big or small are all welcome.
    Confidentiality Garanteed!

CraftWest looks forward to hearing from you!

Email: craftwest@gmail.com
    Send PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Congratulations, a great idea. Don't forget East, South and North please!!

give uz a chance would ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Just a little encouragement!!! Lol! :D

• Advertisement

its much appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement