Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brid83

Art Attacks Balgaddy" exhibition
    Calling all artists/ photographers/ crafters,

We are hosting an art exhibition in Archbishop Ryan Senior National School. We are situated on the Balgaddy Road (just off Fonthill), Lucan.
    We are looking for adult artists/ crafters/ photographers to exhibit. The exhibition will be held on Friday May 27th- Saturday 29th. Artists/ photographers/ crafters must be available to hang or display their work on Thursday 26th. The fee for each artist/photographers /crafter is €10 and 10% of sales will go into a school fund. If you are interested, please contact me and I will fill you in on the rest of the details.

Kind regards,
    Bríd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Brid83 wrote: »
    Art Attacks Balgaddy" exhibition
    Calling all artists/ photographers/ crafters,

We are hosting an art exhibition in Archbishop Ryan Senior National School. We are situated on the Balgaddy Road (just off Fonthill), Lucan.
    We are looking for adult artists/ crafters/ photographers to exhibit. The exhibition will be held on Friday May 27th- Saturday 29th. Artists/ photographers/ crafters must be available to hang or display their work on Thursday 26th. The fee for each artist/photographers /crafter is €10 and 10% of sales will go into a school fund. If you are interested, please contact me and I will fill you in on the rest of the details.

Kind regards,
    Bríd

Would love to take part but unfortunately am tied up on those dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maciekkk123

UrbanFest2011+POSTER+sm.jpg

Urban Fest 2

On the 28th of May 2011 in 'POSK' - The Polish Social & Cultural Association in Dublin
    there will be the second edition of the Urban Festival.
    In comparison to the last year the number of artists participating is four times bigger!
    Wide variety of the international artists.
    This year we’ll showcase artists from Poland, Slovakia, Czech, Lithuania, Latvia, Ireland, Italy and Brazil.
    Each of them presents a different form of art.

GRAFFITI/CANVASES/INSTALLATION/PHOTOGRAPHY:
    JAZZ (Canvas,Instalation,PL), FINK (Canvas,IE), MERLO (Canvas,Instalation,PL),
    KOLOR (Sculpture,Photography,CZ), DONE (Photography,PL), DOGSUSHI (Visual instalation,PL),
    AIB (Canvas,Instalation,Photography,PL), MANTRA TRAIN (Canvas,PL), MYNE(Canvas,IE)
    THIAGO RITUAL (Instalation,Canvas,BR),SERK 21 (Photography,Illustration,PL),
    DIANA NAJBAR (Photography,PL),IZABELA BARBER (Experimental Photography,PL),
    PSYXXXE (Instalation,Canvas,SK),GZ (Canvas,Photography,LT), SCIE MSO (Screenprinting,IE),
    RISE(Canvas,IE),KLOZ(Canvas,IT),SUAV(Photography,PL)

MUSIC:
    DJ DEE_ (Funky Breaks) (Latvia)
    DJ CESTAH (Uplifting D'n'B) (Poland)
    GBDNSH [sushi] (Poland)
    DJ MAGIK CAT (Poland)
    (+ new applications are still coming in)

Additionally, there will be a delicious
    VEGAN GRILL, which was a last year’s huge culinary hit ;)

Admission to cover organisational costs is €6
    Start at 7pm sharp!!! End at around 3am.
    POSK, 20 Fitzwilliam Place, Dublin 2, Ireland

For more details, photos from the last year’s festival and programme updates visit:
    www.UrbanFestival.BlogSpot.com

Organisers of the Event:
    Adam Zhniegadam
    Maciek Ravs

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lacyfrise

i think the cti in clonmel does a good course, i got cards done of a girl who did that course and they are beautiful i wish i was as artisitc ha xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joasha.z

Bright Sparks! Dublin 8
    Quality, fun, expressive art sessions for children 18 monts – 4 years.
    A social out-of-the-house break for parents.
    Every Tuesday morning 10.30 to 11:30am
    For more information, please PM e-mail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I was so sorry to learn that the Art In Action event which is held annually in Townley Hall, Drogheda, has been cancelled this year. It was a bit expensive for admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

The annual Dublin Sketchers exhibition opened last night - a huge variety of work at reasonable prices! If you are looking for a piece - I'd get over there! We're delighted to have such amazing artists in our group and are very proud of what they have achieved for this exhibition. It was hard work but last night proved that it is worth it! Everyone welcome to drop in and take a look!
    DS_Poster_2011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'll definitely make sure to take a look when I'm in town. Good work! :)

Larianne wrote: »
    I'll definitely make sure to take a look when I'm in town. Good work! :)

Super! Imagine it all started over 3 years ago when Snorlax posted on good ol' boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Super! Imagine it all started over 3 years ago when Snorlax posted on good ol' boards!!

I know! I see the the name. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

Based in Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Clever Crafts is a new and exciting partnership offering Art Workshops and Summer Camp for Children. This year our programme will include two weeks of Summer Camp totally devoted to Arts & Crafts for children between the ages of 5 and 12.

2011 Summer Camps
    Dates: July 11-15 and July 18-22

We aim to accommodate everyone’s summer schedule with a MORNING OR AFTERNOON session to choose from. So for those of you that like to have a lie in and not rush around in the morning when school is out, our afternoon session is for you and your child! :D

Morning sessions: 9:30am to 12:30pm
    Afternoon sessions: 1:30pm to 4:30pm

Our Summer Camp will be held at Scoil Mhuire, Ballymany, Newbridge--a secure environment with plenty of car parking available.

Camp Projects: Each day your child will work on a different project which will include an interesting mix of experiences from salt-dough moulds to painting on paper-covered canvas using die-cuttings to paper mache projects. Our main goal is to ensure that every child has a fun and exciting experience in a safe environment. Children will take home their own artwork when camp finishes on Friday.

Please refer to our website - www.clevercraftskildare.com - for further information and details.

Summer Camp Fee:
    We realise that parents are under pressure to find quality summer camps at affordable prices, which is why we are offering places at just €50 per child. Your child's fee includes all arts & crafts materials that your child will use to create their own projects to take home!

Register Now! Places for our Summer Camp 2011 are limited. Contact details are listed on our website or pm me!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cardartkilcoole

Creative Card Making Workshop
    This Sunday the 12th of June
    At The Park View Hotel
    Newtownmountkennedy
    Co Wicklow
    With Yvonne Tune Card Art Kilcoole
    Time 10.00 to 6.00
    Cost €30.00 for full day
    Only 2 places left
    June Theme
    Morning Class Blossoms and Bows making 3 cards with ribbon and floral art detail
    Afternoon Boys to Men, again making 3 projects as Fathers day is the 19th of June,
    which can be use for Birthdays as well.
    You can find Full Details HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Celtic Interest

Hi we are a new company offering a platform to therapists and crafters to get themselves known around Ireland through various healiong and crafting days we will be holding.
    Have a look at who we are about and what we are trying to do.
    www.Fingalmindbodyspirit.com

Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CraftDaft

Craft Event at the Carlton Shearwater Hotel in Ballinasloe Co Galway on Sunday 24th July from 11am until 5.30pm.
    Situated just off the M6, the venue is easily accessable and has ample car parking.
    Stands for this Event are 45euro. All Items sold must be Hand made in Ireland.
    Crafters are invited to contact CraftWest@gmail.com or send a PM, for further information.
    All are welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inbits

Today (Sun 19th) is the last day for NCAD'S graduate and post- graduate exhibition. Open 2 to 5pm.Adm free. Well worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 busymam21

Hi there just wondering if anyone can suggest a summer camp for an 8 year old girl in Kildare. Preferably indoors in case weather not good. Looking for a drama or art camp. I'm in the Naas area but will travel to Newbridge or Rathcoole area.

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Poubelle

The National Print Museum is hosting a Calligraphy workshop in July that sounds interesting. They have a great programme of workshops during the year.

Copied from their website:
    Calligraphy: From Script to Scroll

Tutor: Frances Breen
    Participants on this workshop will undertake a calligraphic journey on
    continous lengths of paper. Experiment with quick, rhythmic and gestural
    writing and slow meditative writing. A variety of traditional and inventive
    writing tools and media will be used. Participants are invited to bring along
    a personal choice of words and text.
    Saturday 16 July, 11.30 - 16.30
    (Max. 12 people) Cost: 60

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rockhound

Rockhound wrote: »
    D15 studios is running a 6 week Stone Carving course.

The evening course takes place on Monday Nights for 6 weeks beginning May 9 from 6.30pm to 9.30pm Course cost €200, deposit €50.
    The weekend course takes place on Saturday May 14 and Sunday May 15 from 9.30am 5.00pm Course cost €200, deposit €50.

The course is suitable for all levels, including beginners. Participants will be tutored on a one-to-one basis to support each person in realising their own project. Participants may be able to go away with a finished piece of work or with a sculpture that can be easily finished away from the studio. You may already have an idea of what you wish to carve. If you have no set ideas then that is fine; a suitable project can be set for you. Materials and tools will be provided, the only thing necessary to bring are steel capped safety boots.

contact me if you are interested

www.richardhealysculptures.com

Due to popular demand We are running another weekend class,

Jul 10 and 11th see above for details

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkdave

Reviving this thread . . .
    It is surprising how much interest there is in bodypainting in Ireland, considering how few people seem to be actively involved.
    Cork has seen an explosion of interest in the last year since Nina Moore gave a free workshop for artists interested in trying it out. The results were extraordinary. This was in connection with the World Naked Bike Ride in July 2010, when all of those artists, plus 6 others painted intricate designs on many of the riders. The eight people who attended Nina's session, all working professional artists, in turn passed on the technique to many others, with the result that over 100 artists and models have attended sessions over the last 15 months.
    The next bodypainting session in Cork is on Saturday 16th July 2011, starting at 12 noon. This is to paint 50 of the people who are taking part in the World Naked Bike Ride in Cork. At 6.00pm that evening, the artists' work goes on public display in the city centre, as the painted models will be cycling naked for over an hour, as part of the protest cycle. This transient art installation is a first for Ireland. The standard is very high, and already the Cork ride has gained a reputation for the artistic excellence of its bodypainting. See the online version of Irish newspapers for Tuesday 21st July 2010 for examples.
    If you are interested in taking part in Cork's session on 16 July, the organisers can be contacted MOD SNIP - CONTACT VIA PM ONLY. and if you are interested in bodypainting in Dublin, there will be some people to paint at the Dublin Naked Bike Ride on Friday 15th July. MOD SNIP. CONTACT VIA PM ONLY.

corkdave wrote: »
    Reviving this thread . . .
    It is surprising how much interest there is in bodypainting in Ireland, considering how few people seem to be actively involved.

/With Mod hat on: Moved to our events thread. Please do not revive threads that had one post and are over 5 years old! Also read the charter - no personal email contact allowed. PM only. Thanks!

\Removes Mod hat: On a happier note - sounds brilliant - best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Rockhound

Rockhound wrote: »
    D15 studios is running a 6 week Stone Carving course.

The evening course takes place on Monday Nights for 6 weeks beginning May 9 from 6.30pm to 9.30pm (excluding Bank Holiday Monday June 20th) Course cost €200, deposit €50.
    The weekend course takes place on Saturday May 14 and Sunday May 15 from 9.30am 5.00pm Course cost €200, deposit €50.

The course is suitable for all levels, including beginners. Participants will be tutored on a one-to-one basis to support each person in realising their own project. Participants may be able to go away with a finished piece of work or with a sculpture that can be easily finished away from the studio. You may already have an idea of what you wish to carve. If you have no set ideas then that is fine; a suitable project can be set for you. Materials and tools will be provided, the only thing necessary to bring are steel capped safety boots.

contact me if you are interested

www.richardhealysculptures.com

Hello again

The Class running this weekend 9th and 10th is full

So we are Holding another next weekend on 16th and 17th of July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ardura

zipped wrote: »
    Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend...

I am looking to improve my model making skills for the purpose of my studies in architecture- can anyone recommend any classes/courses/links/books etc.? My interests are primarily in card, ceramics, mould making, metal work etc. Much Appreciated!:)

I run ceramics classes continuously in my city centre studio, as well as occasional concrete casting workshops. My specialty is figurative sculpting/modeling so if you're interested check out tjhis link
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=227346727279821&set=a.215371448477349.65090.149536661727495&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

Hi there,
    I am starting a six week ( one night per week) Adult acrylic painting course in the Crank House in Banagher ,Co.Offaly . It is starting on Tuesday July 12th from 8pm to 10pm and runs weekly until Tuesday August 16th. The cost is €85 and this includes all materials and a cuppa or two !!! Beginners are most welcome ,it's a lovely way to relax and meet new people and you come out at the end with a painting to be proud of:) For more info or to book a place PM me or reply to message and I'll get back to you .Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Love browsing this section of the forum. Some amazing stuff!! Keep up the good work everyone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Conceptart.org are having a sale on their downloads and prerecorded onlines streaming classes. Their each which works out as €5.60 through paypal.
    Some of them are quite expensive normally so it's well worth a look.

EDIT: Sorry! Forgot the link: http://theartdepartment.org/store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gep2011

Horse & June, the vintage boutique has opened up their studio to private sewing lessons.

These lessons are catered to those at any stage of knowledge whether it be absolute beginner or intermediate. The best thing about it is that the class is all yours and don’t need to try to keep up with any other students. All lessons will be done on a a domestic machine just like in their own home and if you even have your own machine, you can bring that too.

Lessons are €25 per hour including materials (not including materials needed for the final “from scratch project” as this depends on what you would like to make). There are no set amount of classes you have to take so contact me for your first, see how you go and take it from there! Classes are available at any time after 6pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and anytime on Sundays.

You’re in safe hands too, a fashion design graduate from Parsons the Newschool of Design in New York will not set you wrong!

For more info email horseandjune@live.com SNIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mgerallen

That's a fantastic idea!

But 25 euro per hour is WAY too expensive even if materials are included.

Grafton Fashion Academy or even adult classes at the local secondary school offer much better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gep2011

Grafton Academy and adult classes at the local secondary schools don't offer ONE-TO-ONE lessons.

Private classes where you are the only student means much greater learning potential and direct teacher to student attention. This is why it is €25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

where abouts are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Would anyone know any course in dublin/wicklow are for learning silver and metal cutting for jewellery design?

Advertisement