Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

MOD NOTE: Please read the forum charter before posting - no advertising allowed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

www.woollinn.com is on this weekend in ALSAA near Dublin airport. Looks like it should be a good event.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Anyone know of any glass blowing courses/workshops in Dublin please?
    I know Leitrim sculpture centre do them alright , just looking for something closer

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oil painting

Hi, you could try NCAD. They might have night classes, or ex students who are teaching else where.

https://www.ncad.ie/undergraduate/school-of-fine-art/applied-materials/fine-art-ceramics-glass/

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

thanks I tried them already but no evening class there. Not a bad idea asking ex students though cheers for suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mgfahy2019

Looking for good art classes in D24

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Maire Bhig

If you fancy a treat then I recommend the craft courses offered, in low season, by the Westport Coast Hotel. They currently offer 3 courses during the year, lasting 4 or 5 days. There are craft 'tasters' each day morning and afternoon ... so not heavy duty craft classes, just something to while away a couple of hours. I'm heading there next week and have been twice before. They charge c.270 for 5 nights DB&B, including the crafting and there is no single supplement. I just love the break. Nice, friendly staff; heated pool; spa. They also offer some tours (extra cost) and there's usually nighttime entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Maire Bhig

Should have said - I have no connection whatsoever with the hotel, except as a very satisfied customer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Jubo

Anyone know of any oil painting courses that run for one day a week on an on-going basis? Something at an intermediate level. I'm in Waterford but willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

thanks I tried them already but no evening class there. Not a bad idea asking ex students though cheers for suggestion

Did you check CEAD in NCAD though? They run a range of programmes over the summer and they have several evening classes too.

look at this page, not the undergraduate programmer:

https://www.ncad.ie/continuing-education/cead-apply/summer-course-descriptions/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 JansStuff

Summer Card Making Workshops South Dublin

One evening workshop per month on the topic of Introduction to Card Making for Beginners I. Workshop will last 2 hours, cost 25 euro and will be in the DLR Samuel Beckett Centre Ballyogan Leopardstown - near the post office depot.

June date - wed June 12th 7.30-9.30 pm
    July - to be confirmed
    August - to be confirmed

Email me at janmosullivan@gmail.com if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JansStuff

Introducing morning workshops from mid September 2019. 1.5 hours workshops. Monday mornings - dates to be confirmed.
    * Introduction to Card Making Workshop - once a month.
    *All About Blank Cards workshop - once every 6 weeks
    * Cards for Special Occasions - once a month
    * special workshops covering specific toppings and embellishments
    * Christmas Cards during November

Advertisement