Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahb

It was politics no doubt about it, but to me epilepsy is a big no no, how is that fair? ill put it this way shes not the only one who cheats id say some people dont even pass the aptitude test. id prefer to get in fair and square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

id prefer to get in by myself too, but if somone offered me a place and i wouldn' turn it down.

I know it would be tempting but the recruits who are pulled in are well known I wouldnt want that kind of an image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lilolil

Me toooo... We're so straight - we'll make crap gardai!!!!!! :p

ah id rather be out in uniform with an "image" rather than not in the uniform.
    but in saying that, well done for standing up for your principles, even though i don't approve of people being able to get just because of contacts, i would jump at the chance if i was offered a place if i failed my interview

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I doubt that a garda on a push bike has too much sway over the interview board! assume it was the public appointments service that held the interview .. you could always contact their complaints officer about the delay in feedback. (send in a letter to him) and you'll find out what the story is

So you wouldnt mind if everyone knew that you were pulled in

"Detective" when you go looking for pull "being quite friendly" with the local sergeant isnt enough you'd be better off " being quite friendly" with a politician thats how its done.

Sarahb - you seem to know a lot of the insider stuff.. How so? :confused:

being friendly with the local sergeant is nothing to do with it, he has no say what-so-ever with regards my application. he is just a nice bloke and i have spoken to him a few times.

and no i wouldnt mind people knowing i was pulled in. lik i said before, i would rather be in that out.

• Advertisement

I have been down this road before, it is not that east to get pulled in thats all im saying, a lot of brown envelopes have to handed over. fair enough some people mighnt pass the interview and still get in, but its a joke when they pass a medical even though theyve epilepsy

i never said anything about brown enevlopes. i wouldnt be into bribing people or anything like that.

if i knew somone who could have a word with somone and get me in i would take the place, but if bribary was involved i would stay well clear.

:mad: I agree totally - my bro has epilepsy and it can be quite frightening to watch it take over your body! She must have blatendly (spellin!) lied on her medical exam tho??? Has she siblings or parents in the force? It'd sicken your a*se when you hear stories like this tho when the likes of me are sweatin over it all..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭FGR

It's terrible not knowing where you'll be in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So....

Brown envelope....No.

Brown nose..........Yes.

Have I got it right?

Not your ornery onager

yeah thats about right

just got a phone call from a friend of mine.
    they are calling people for medicals this week. my mate [snipped] got a call asking if he could go for the medical on wednesday. and that the physical would be 2 weeks after that. so expect phone calls over the next few days if you are in.

..Are you serious? What was the date he sat the interview?

They have three of my phone numbers..so no excuses of them not getting contact with me. I would have preferred some sort of written confirmation on whether I made it or not.

Detective: Could you ask your friend to look into his previous calls list and check whether the call was from an anonymous number? I've been called several times by the CS and GS from anonymous numbers..

Call it curiousity..as well as the fact that I missed a call from someone anonymous today. Anyone who has my number doesn't bother with the service.

i'll check now.
    [snipped]

just rang him, but he didnt answer his phone.
    will let you know when i hear back from him.

he said the seargent(spelling??) said they would be ringing people over the next few days. he said that if they were to wait for the civil service to write to everyone and then plan the medicals no one would make the may 3rd class.

so everyone keep your phone close by.

/gets out the superglue

If it's the local station that called him..Maybe I'll be paying someone a visit..

• Advertisement

nope was some seargent from the depot

the waiting is killing me now.
    i doubt they'll be making anymore phone calls till monday morning.

HQ is down for the night anyway. Must be a wait until Monday.

I'm not impressed..

the number they called from was one of those weird garda ones, like 6435 or something along those lines,

i wish i could get a number that only showed up as 4 digits.
    wonder how they do it?

Can we try and put together a list of dates and times of when people did the interview? that way we can try and figure out when(if) you should be getting a phone call?

[snipped]

Friday the 18th, here.

We'll need a trend to find out what the case may be. Didn't lilolil do the interview sometime before me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

I got a phone call today to arrange my medical, he said it would be next week before i get written confirmation from the civil service.I did my interview on wed 23rd.

Put me down for a medical on Wednesday at Garda HQ, 9:15am. ;)

I recieved the call at about 4 yesterday evening while on the road to Bray from Waterford.

It brightened up my evening, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Griffen

he said the seargent(spelling??) said they would be ringing people over the next few days. he said that if they were to wait for the civil service to write to everyone and then plan the medicals no one would make the may 3rd class.

So basically anyone that has passed the interview will hear with a phonecall in the coming few days. Has anyone else hear anything?? i hate this waiting.

• Advertisement

well i take it if people who were interviewed on the 23rd and the 18th have been called already, then people interviewed before that who haven't got called haven't got in.

Ah well, there is always next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement