Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland V Italy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The backs really have won the game for us today. Not such a great outing for the forwards....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

That conversionj look in . No?

Greedy greedy!

Yeah we should not have run it that last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

feck it - the ref's brother is the tv official, one of them, two of them!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Why do we always shoot ourselves in the foot :mad:

mickger wrote:
    Why do we always shoot ourselves in the foot :mad:

Its the Irish way.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

Hope we've done enough!

Can Scotland hold France to less than 23 point advantage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

grrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

athtrasna wrote:
    Can Scotland hold France to less than 23 point advantage?

In a word NO. France to beat Scotland by 32 points

France win , because they beat Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

What happens if its a draw on points difference?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mickger wrote:
    In a word NO. France to beat Scotland by 32 points

I dunno about that, the scots have a fair bit of heart and are unlikely to let the heads go down if they go a bit behind. They'll also kick every chance they get.

I fancy our chances, although with that 7 italy got at the end and Rog's misses we should really be 16 points better off..

Yeah we should have been. i really hope it doesnt cost us.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

if points difference equal , winner is team with more tries scored

ireland now have 17 tries , france have 9 before their match today

i was screaming at stringer to boot the ball out at the end , knew that wud happen ,:(

Yeah so was i.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How many tries were created by forward passes today? 3 I think.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    How many tries were created by forward passes today? 3 I think.

Mike.

at least, it was like watching super 14!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ireland lose the 6 nations because of being bloody greedy and giving away 2 awful tries to the italians in last 4 minutes.

oh, and a try to france in that game as well.

that is really disappointing. now, we just need to england to score about 50 points to make that game exciting as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Who decided not to go for the kick? RTE said O'Gara wanted to - he pointed to the posts, so who over-ruled him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

d'arcy afaik

d'arcy afaik

didn't think it was darcy? it looked like leamy looked around and nobody said anything so he decided to run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

copacetic wrote:
    didn't think it was darcy? it looked like leamy looked around and nobody said anything so he decided to run it?

This lack of decisive decision making with O Driscoll off the pitch against France and then again against Italy has cost us the Championship.

Eddie O Sullivan has to realise the O Driscoll's legs are dodgy and if he goes off someone strong needs to take charge, its blindingly obvious to me this leadership is lacking with O Driscoll off the pitch and its cost us dear.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Who was captain after BOD went off?

I assumed it was Easterby and it should have been his call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

In fairness I think if France had needed an extra 10 points they would have got it. They seemed to subconcsiously take their foot off the gas when they eeked their way in front of Ireland.

Hicky made a really good comment when he siad score given away and/or not taken earlier in the match/championship were just as important.

Beating Scotland, who finished last, was the result that probably ultimitely cost us the championship - while letting in the last gasp try agaisnt the french probably cost us the grand slam -

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Both Ireland fúckups happened with BOD off the pitch, cannot over state his importance on the field.

Hope he's fit for the WC

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Hearbreaking stuff. Greed in the end cost us dearly. I agree though, the French would have pulled another 7 points out of the bag if they needed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 fmess

Thanks to all 4 all the bad mouthing I got in the past few weeks in every pub (if not insults), without the one I ( as an Italian) had to hear from national Irish Television.
    I really don't understand the attitude of most of the Irish crowd. I was in Rome and Irish are well respected not treated as foreign c..ts
    I work here, have a family here ( my Irish son plays rugby in Galway), I respect and love Ireland as much as my country. I'm pleased that Italy played "just a bit better" compare to last years, but I would rather like to believe is not only a fluck. For who wrote all that comments I would suggest to see the result (or the match on youtube if you have some time)of the italian team in the test matches before this year 6 Nations.
    I'm sorry that Ireland didn't win, but as a former Rugby player if you have a chance to kick a free on the 80th min. you'll do it. Then I've prob. watched the match with different eyes but even Ireland is def. 1 of the best team in the world I counted a few bad calls in the passes during the match and last year match in Dub. as well, no Italians moaned and complained, they just keep playing 'cause they knew the international ref. attitude in big matches..
    Lads, just remember that Italy joined the tournament only a few years ago and it took France 40 years to win the first 5 Nations. I would like everybody to be more fair as Rugby mentality teaches. Best of luck with W.C. 2007

Advertisement