Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v France (Match Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Ire 6 Fra 13

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

O'Gara try, missed conversion, tough angle. 11-13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Try for O'Gara - no conversion.

Ireland 11 France 13

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

go ya good thing ,try o gara

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lovely bit of play by O'Gara, pity about the woejus kick.

• Advertisement

let-off there with an equally poor penalty from Skrela, still 13-11

Thought the angle was tight enough to be fair although he did miss by a mile so fair point. Dependingon an Irish win here to pay for my soccer tickets, got the bill the other night while watching the San Marino game, nearly binned it

Hung in there by skin of teeth

Another poor kick by Skrela. Half time Ireland trail 11-13, could be a lot worse

Very entertaining first half. It took Ireland up until the French try to get going, but they showed good movement when they did get forward. There seems to be a bit of wind, so perhaps the kicking (last three missed) is excusable. We need to improve our line-outs for the second-half as France are on every mistake like an ex-army geography teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hopefully Eddie will earn his money at half time and sort them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Crisis Ireland got away with murder there :eek: , i havent watched france in a while but they really seemed to have raised there game. They're not giving Ireland any time on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

True, France were not letting Ireland have any of it but now Ireland are kicking back, some great defence going on, I've got high hope for them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

We're very lucky to be just 2 points behind, no aspect of out play has been as good as we have come to expect, hopefully we'll get it together at half-time and come back out and hammer them

Have always thought the French were a goo side, although they are in transtition so wasn't expecting a fisrt half like that. Hopefully the occasion got to the lads in green and they can sort it out in second half, look very sloppy.

Anyone else notice Geoge Hook's tie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

I have to agree, very entertaining first half. But I can see us just winning or failing horribly.

Some of those mistakes have not cost us by pure miracle

Got to say that I'd love nothing else than see us win, in Croke Park!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

what time is second half KO?

COME ON BOYS IN GREEN!!!!

O'Gara penalty sails over. 14-13, come on Ireland!! :):)

Collie D wrote:
    O'Gara penalty sails over. 14-13, come on Ireland!! :):)
    Oh man its looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

a bientot wrote:
    We know that the Irish team are in Killiney but anyone know where the French team are (staying)?

Radisson i think
    BlitzKrieg wrote:
    just saw them interviewing some GAA officials (I think) at croke park on the tv and it was snowing.

but I guess that could have beeen earlier in the day.

No snow in the area at all today

There playing very well in the second half, but they need to keep up the pace. If they get sloppy france will slawter them. O Gara, Hickey and Horgan have been quality today, all they need is another try cause now it is still faaaaaaaaaaaaar to close to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

ref isnt having a great second half.. horan pulled back twice and nothing given

France are most certainly not giving up, that kick was way too close, we were very lucky it bounced away.

That's it, Ireland are destined to win this, French drop kick hits the post!

The definition of WAXED!!! lol off the post

Collie D wrote:
    That's it, Ireland are destined to win this, French drop kick hits the post!

Dont jinkx it..... nothing is guaranteed until the whistle blows, especially given the fact it is only one point in the difference.

O Gara You Legend !!!

Dam i knew it was too good to be true, ireland have played so so well, france have gained another try, i cant see ireland pulling back up so close to final whistle.

Another penalty. 17-13, three minutes left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

4 in it now

• Advertisement

HELL YEA!!!! Ireland move their lead to 4 points

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ireland behind again

Advertisement