Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Jackpot SNG league idea (youngins only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm going to hazzard a guess here, you bought it out of the poker socs annual budget didnt you? lol. Bring along that ton for me as well if you could please jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm just leaving the office now, after being absolutely owned in work all day. How am I expected to compete with layabout students??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

lloyd, your not. anto's in town now if anyone wants to anyone him. i'm meant to be heading in for 8.30 to get food but no sign of car at home yet! :(

I am teh win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭fiddlesticks

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I am teh win.

Typical! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I am teh win.

ldog was pretty dead but played well to win it from what i saw. i on the other hand had a frustrating night of poker but who cares im good lucking.

Anto by saying the above its fairly obvious you didnt hang around for our heads up "battle"

I know I was lucky winning the coin flip against you and sucking out on mark with 88 vs jj and hitting a few flops ;)

Lloyd heads up was just as good, a 4 outer and a 6 outer I think it was to twice survive when all in against myself.

Was another great sng and I think there is a fair bit to discuss.

To the mustard forum?

shoutman wrote:
    I know I was lucky winning the.... and... and... and the...

:rolleyes:

luke you got lucky more than twice but you are willing to put your chips in so i aint one to critisce and if llyod got lucky fair play but bare in mind he would have to with the stack you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

shoutman wrote:
    To the mustard forum?
    lol At P>L>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

yeah that should work well, even take it to a random forum where noone else uses it?? like this one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=457

I bet you had no idea the havoc this 1 post would cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol,

is this on again?

i want to play this but as i suggested last week i have concerns about how this is going to play out on a regular basis so i have a new suggestion or suggestions to help get people enthusastic.

firstly i just am not willing to pay money to play a leauge when people wont be there every week so i suggest six player stts. everyone gets six stts.

6th 1pt
    5th 2pts
    4th 4pts
    3rd 5pts
    2nd7pts
    1st 10pts

every point represents an extra 100 chips to your starting stack at the final of 10,000 chips so max stack could be 16,000 short stack 10,600. final half hour blind sno running ante and a real nice structure start with two sixes and go to ten as soon as possible.

every stt costs 50+5 with 5s going to the jackpot. max spend is 300+ 30 fr the stts and another 50 or 100 for the final game. evry heat has 200 for 1st 50 for 2nd and 50 for the final. 12x50 is 600. therfore if the final is 100 we will have a prize of 1200 + 600 and 1800 with say a pay out of !st 900 2nd 450 3rd 300 and 4th 150. also maybe we put in a few quid buy a throphy make it a real laugh.

this structure will work as the twelve wont always be around but six will and if the 12 are we will run two heats that night plus we dont have to always have to make it a thursday but for organistaion one set night would be better. anyway any questions quieries let me know.

that sounds good anto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Puuurfect.

I will take names and hope to have the first heat this week so three more around this week and we have a game.

1. Aodea
    2. Goodluck2me
    3. Dittag
    4. LuckyLloyd
    5. Shoutman
    6. Phantom Lord

1. Sosh
    2. Ditpoker
    3. Akqj10
    4. delanec8

Stick me down for Thursday please - irrespective of whether we do it Anto's way or just have a random sit and go.

I'm in, also Duke only wants three euro for reg... especially if its only six handed it wont last as long...

is that including a dealer? i think you should do a draw see who`s in. then do out a little timetable of who is playing when. that way people have plenty of notice and shoudl make the effort to play like.
    Im not sure if im in or nto yet as i might play the malahide IO qualifier, but MTL i will play jackpot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

stick me down plz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sosh

I like Anto's idea... If its that plz also count me in

i'm in!

while i like the idea of several heats and then a final with money added from previous games... its a cnut to organise, who holds the money? when will the final be played? is the final a STT with the top 9 points finishers?

why not play lots of 10 or less STT's , if you can play great, if you cant, thats fine too. if you win you get 10points, if you come 10th you get 1 point, over time you're average position will lead to a points total and whoever has the best score will be known as the great STT boards king that we must all respect unless flukeylukey keeps gets flukey again. anyone surprised luckylloyd and flukeylukey were the last 2? no... this game is not a game of skill... anyway... i say, lots of STT's..... scores after round one...

1. LuckyLloyd. 10points
    2. Shoutman. 9points
    3. phantom_lord. 8points
    4. aodea. 7points
    5. ?. 6points
    6. ?. 5points
    7. ?. 4points
    8. ?. 3points
    9. ?. 2points
    10. jbravado. 1point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

i say get a list of twelve names and do a draw. this way we could have like a fixtures list, and then if anyone has a problem with a particular date we swap it around or change days. im in aswell

and if were doing jeffs way i came 5th last week for six points after sir luckabox spiked a 5 on the river for ze big pot!

ditpoker wrote:
    i'm in!

while i like the idea of several heats and then a final with money added from previous games... its a cnut to organise, who holds the money? when will the final be played? is the final a STT with the top 9 points finishers?

why not play lots of 10 or less STT's , if you can play great, if you cant, thats fine too. if you win you get 10points, if you come 10th you get 1 point, over time you're average position will lead to a points total and whoever has the best score will be known as the great STT boards king that we must all respect unless flukeylukey keeps gets flukey again. anyone surprised luckylloyd and flukeylukey were the last 2? no... this game is not a game of skill... anyway... i say, lots of STT's..... scores after round one...

1. LuckyLloyd. 10points
    2. Shoutman. 9points
    3. phantom_lord. 8points
    4. aodea. 7points
    5. ?. 6points
    6. ?. 5points
    7. ?. 4points
    8. ?. 3points
    9. ?. 2points
    10. jbravado. 1point

im happy to hold all the money and so fourth and do the organising if its the way i suggested if we do it jeffs way ill turn up some weeks

do a poll

i vote for you!!! whats the poll!!!

which way to do it. jeffs way i.e no commitments or %prizepool taken out for a league or your way with 6 seaters and fixture lists

I just wanna play poker... bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Im in for this week if its a goer-impatial to setup-also shall be standing firm on my no fold ever policy.lol shudder.

• Advertisement

jbravado wrote:
    Im in for this week if its a goer-impatial to setup-also shall be standing firm on my no fold ever policy.lol shudder.
    did you pay last time??:confused:

I like the fixture idea with one overall winner at the final STT.

Advertisement