Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Jackpot SNG league idea (youngins only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

jbravado, why are you "possibly" banned from the jackpot? what you do?

i say start this thursday to give all the non-tripodders a head start! just an idea, but could this not be done like poker superstars, i.e. on a given week 8 players play, 6 buy ins go to prize money, 2 buy ins to grand final. everyone plays say 6 8 table matches, and points awarded over these 8. then top 8 players get given stacks based on their points total for final event. anto knows more about this, but it means that if someone cant make a certain week they are not at a disadvantage, once the line up is agreed upon before the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,179 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jeff the poker superstars is a great idea,
    Would need 16 players. or 32 if enough interest
    And will be ok for people who cant go every week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Seems like a good idea, so like there would be like nine/ten players and everyone gets a week off kind of thing?

The only thing I dont like about this is the fact that despite doing the best overall if you were to be competely card dead at the final sng you can still end up with nothing to show for it.

I know you start off with more chips at the final table but still....

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

Poker superstars thing seems a little akward but i guess it could work. I still like the idea of starting when the first 9 or 10 that are on the list start it at 11.30 or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Poker superstars thing seems a little akward but i guess it could work. I still like the idea of starting when the first 9 or 10 that are on the list start it at 11.30 or whatever.
    Dont know if this is any help but I like the idea of it
    http://www.pokersuperstars.net/tournament.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Ye i'll commit to it every week

• Registered Users Posts: 39,179 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How many players do we need.
    How many rounds are to be played? Four rounds a person, and a final table?
    12 players @ 4 rounds a person would take 6 weeks, plus a final table week
    16 players @ 4 rounds a person would take 8 weeks, plus a final table week

So 12 or 16??? Time to start listing names

So we are changing the format to use that pokerstars thing? Grand by me if everyone else agrees to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

no no!! i want the points frm last week to count towards it! it was MY idea to be fair, are you with me delanec8?
    also if you were card dead at the final SNG you would still have all the prizemoney from the previous weeks!something like 225-125-50 and take 100 a week to the GF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

ditpoker wrote:
    jbravado, why are you "possibly" banned from the jackpot? what you do?

Im easy for any layout cheers for letting me jump on board lads.Im a willing participant every week.So is there a game tomorrow?

Destroyed a few weeks ago and went there-was dumping money to lady roullette for about an hour befoe I headed over to play but was then told I was too drunk to play cards.At the time I felt it was unfair as I play there about three nights a week and there was no problem alowing me in the pit area.
    The bouncers and a few dealers spoke to the pit boss but I was told I was out.
    Obviously this is a homersimpsonesque monicule in the eye tppe of hazy recollection and Im sure I was totally in the wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Here's my suggestion starting next week Thursday 8th Feb.

Same starting stack and blinds (6k and 20 min levels all levels incl.)
    Same buy in 50+3
    As for the league go for 10th-0, 9th-1, 8th-2, 7th-3, 6th-4, 5th-5, 4th-6, 3rd-8, 2nd-10, 1st-14.
    I simply think we should arrange that the first 10/18 if we can get it it and have 2 tables of 9 to put there names in for this should be allowed to play and commit to it for 6 weeks.
    So far definites are Myself, shoutman, aodea, delance8, goodlucktome, jbravado.

I prefare ten as its easier to manage and more likely to be consistent.
    Prizepool of 500 each week so take out 100 each week for the league and payout 1st 200, 2nd 125, 3rd 75.

Then after 6 weeks are up we have a double pts final sit n go where everyone still starts with 6k and points are just doubled. Same payout as the regular sit n go's. then there should be 700 in the league pot which could go 400, 200, 100.

Well this is definately not on for tonight, I'm happy doing it either way so its up to everyone else.

anyone playing the 20fo tonight? will there be a sng anyway, non league based?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I would play a SNG tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I would play a SNG tonight

what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

what time?

I figure turn up at 8:45ish and see if we can tempt some of the 20 freezeout regulars to play. If not, I will donate to that sham tourney and round up the wreckage for one later on in the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Are you still pushing ahead with this poker superstars idea, and do you need numbers? If so I'd be up for that if that's alright.

bump.. latest??

I'm happy with this pokerstars idea if everyone else is!

Timing issues is another story,

Could we do it for tenpm, this way you people still get to play your beloved 20e donkfest and it means that the sng will finish at a reasonable time.

Someone needs to take charge of this and work out the points system and the whole idea of it. Also you need all names before it starts.

• Advertisement

Well duh tag!

You volunteering, I would but alas I shall not be there tommorrow night, every week after that im quite happy to organise it, keeping points system, money etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Alright how about tomorrow night at the break in the game we sort it out. First ten people to come and say they want to play it then that's it. These ten can just work out how to do the points themselves and kick the sng off at 10ish.

AKQJ10 wrote:
    Alright how about tomorrow night at the break in the game we sort it out. First ten people to come and say they want to play it then that's it. These ten can just work out how to do the points themselves and kick the sng off at 10ish.

You,re so orgainised

yeah i think its gotta take place every week, tis too good not to. i dont mind playing in the super league thing, it will not be hard to organise.

Agree with Joe, as I said I will be unavailable but happy to make it a weekly commitment from then onwards.

given that shoutman cant organise a card game on a poker website i'll step in for about 5 minutes.

so... SNG tonight... jackpot. €50 buy in. kick off 10.30pm, this allows everyone play the tourney til the break... usually 75% of the field is gone by the break so this should be fine.

preference will be given to boards members cos we're elitest poker snobs... joe is the paris hilton of dublin poker!!

for league purposes.. everyone can play when they like until they have played 6 sngs. once you have played 6 you can play more but only your FIRST six results are valid for league purposes.

take out 100 from each pot, say we need 8 sng;s for there to be everyone with 6 completed games.
    points as mark said
    10th-0, 9th-1, 8th-2, 7th-3, 6th-4, 5th-5, 4th-6, 3rd-8, 2nd-10, 1st-14.

first game is tonight at 10.30!!!

so anyway, after 8 games, 8 weeks, 2 months, whatever.... people should have points along the lines of about 5-50 points. we then play a 50 euro tourney with everyone who has played at least 1 SNG eligable to play, everyone gets 4k + 100 chips for every point you have. max anyone can get will 84 points which is very unlikely! so players should have between 4500 and 10,000 as a starting stack for a tourney after all the SNG's, say 12 runners over all, so we'd have 800 (100's from 8 pots) plus 600 (12 players at 50 each) for a prize pool of 1400, with top 5 paid or something.

i'll print up something along these lines and bring em to jackpot tonight.

anyone wanna add anything or can we all agree that i am king (of something)!?

ditpoker wrote:
    anyone wanna add anything or can we all agree that i am king (of something)!?
    Spades maybe!:confused::confused:

DITTag wrote:
    Spades maybe!:confused::confused:

we discussed this on tuesday... you're not funny.

ditpoker wrote:
    we discussed this on tuesday... you're not funny.
    haha you on the other hand.. very good
    ditpoker wrote:
    joe is the paris hilton of dublin poker!!

• Advertisement

played SNG last night in jackpot... my guess is AKQJ10 took it down, he was playing best at the table when i bubbled (i played so bad). Realistically this will not get going cos there'll always be a few bodies who want to play a SNG who dont know about boards or our league etc etc

Advertisement