Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Jackpot SNG league idea (youngins only)

Options
  • 29-01-2007 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Alright,

Following the success of last thursdays €50 sng, there has been talk of making it a weekly occurence, I pm'd some people about it earlier but decided to just start a new thread to make it easier for everyone to input.

Basically the idea is that every week (thursday possibly) nine/ten of us get together to play a €50 sng in the Jackpot. The idea being that the same ten play everyweek give or take the odd week where someone is unavailable.

20% of the weekly prizepool would be added to a fun for the overall winner,
    10 weeks, 10 sngs, 1 winner. 10 pts for the winner 8pts for second and 5pts for third, everyone else receives one point for taking part(therefor being a part incentive to play every week)

Last thursday was such a success because everyone took it seriously and there was a good standard of poker being played, therefor I would prefere that the nine players were the same as last week give or take (obviously Carlos wont be coming up from galway every week)

If we were to this every Thursday it means that people dont play the 20 freezeout.

Anyone with any suggestions feel free to post.

Provisional list might be:
    Myself
    Cooker3
    Goodluck2me
    AKQJ10
    Jbravado
    DITTag
    Delanec8
    Anto (AOD)
    DITpoker
    L-Dog
    BCB
    TITPAT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

yeah i though this wasnt foin to be a thread! im game for it. i dont mind other boardsies in too.have a pool of 15, and regardless of who plays there is 50 taken out each wee k for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I would like to play this. Beats the other options on a Thursday night. Like the league idea aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

I too would like to play this, as Lloyd says it beats the other options with a stick. Can I be placed on the list and I will play when regulars are not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Ye i'd always be up for this. Was plannin to play on Thur but had i nice stack in the tourney when it started so couldnt jus abandon it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

If there is enough demand We could have it as a two table weekly tournie...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Im looking forward to this again. I dunno about the two table idea though as they might not allow us to have another long game like that when they want cash games to fill up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

nice idea luke. a few thoughts,

i think this should start at 11.30 or 12 to give people a chance to play the 20FO and if you're running well in that no need to play the SNG, maybe the first 10 players out from the tourney from the agreed pool of players get to play the SNG on a given week. The jackpot will probably prefer that as it means more custom for them, and either way from a players point of view you're getting a night of cards for apporx 70 euro.

This should be open to anyone who wants in and expresses and interest here, i.e the likes of everyones favourite "student" duo BCB and Lloyd (really, how did you two pass as students!!!)

aodea will win this.

i'll offer 6-1 on everyone right now!?!!? (im the worst and best bookie ever!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

I can't play this thursday but would play most thursdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

i like this idea put me in coach.....although i may or may not have been banned from the jackpot last week.may be room for a reprieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

rule me out of this as i wont be able to commit to it as ill be away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

shoutman wrote:
    Provisional list might be:
    Myself
    Cooker3
    Goodluck2me
    AKQJ10
    Mellor
    Trippie
    Delanec8
    Anto (AOD)
    DITpoker
    L-Dog
    BCB
    TITPAT

Cough

DITTag wrote:
    Cough
    those cigarette are not only bad for your eyes, they are giving you a nasty cough too.
    Also please change your sig to "why don`t..." that "doesn`t bit is quite annyoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

those cigarette are not only bad for your eyes, they are giving you a nasty cough too.
    Also please change your sig to "why don`t..." that "doesn`t bit is quite annyoing.

Yes Sir GL2M!!! But why do it bother you?;)

jeez tag its clearly proper grammer to say: "Why does it bother you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

lads this has potential to be a home game if somebody can accomodate it. It just makes sense to have it as a home game.

lads this has potential to be a home game if somebody can accomodate it. It just makes sense to have it as a home game.

as the man says... i propose a wednesday home game though so i still have option of tilting 20 quid away on a thursday, and its really my only opportunity to see Pat.

mr fibble.......

i think the jackpot has everything avaialbel to us without having to rign around to make sure people are coming and other letting us down etc, there will always be ten willing to play it. i realise the 30 euro reg is annoying but mayeb they`d do it for 20 and we`l throw the rest into the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

ill play love the idea love stts and this could be my only oppurtunity to play them live so jackpot ldogs house tags skip i dont mind im in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,179 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

this is looking good, but I wont be able to make it every week,
    is there anypoint in me playing with the league if I dont show up for most,
    might have to stick to the €20 FO and rail this

• Advertisement

I think there would be little point to play the league unless you can play the vast majority of the weeks...

Would people agree that we should all pay up front as it would make it a near certainty that everyone would turn up (50 quid is a good few pints on a monda night) Or do you think not playing is enough of a penalty and just accept some randomer to play the sng to fill the numbers and add to the prizepool.

As regards jeff suggestion of starting it at 12 or there abouts, I think that is far too late as with the structure we were playing last week it would not be over for a few hours....

I think people would sacrifice the 20 freezeout to play this.

Anyway if we start this on thursday week? That way people have plenty of notice and wont have already made plans or whatever.

What % of the weekly sng should go towards the league winner?
    Is everyone agreed on the points structure?

ditpoker wrote:
    its really my only opportunity to see Pat.

..............:confused::confused::confused:

ITT-Pat wrote:
    ..............:confused::confused::confused:

.................... :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I might play this the odd time if there's a spot to fill, can't commit to the league thing tho.

So will the people from the list at the start say whether or not they can commit to the league idea please?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

shoutman wrote:
    So will the people from the list at the start say whether or not they can commit to the league idea please?

aodea is a big in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

shoutman wrote:

Im in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

im in aswell, starting next week though yeah. giving everyone a chance to head down to rappers and slappers this thursday in tripod.

Fo Shizzle M-Dog.

• Advertisement

Im a defo for this providing jacks are mellow.

Advertisement