Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

needaticket.ie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

celtic8890 wrote: »
    Firstly I must say i have no affiliation with needaticket.ie but thought id post my recent experience with them. My wife bought Rugby tickets for the Ireland v Wales game as a Christmas gift. The tickets did not arrive and I must admit I was abit worried prior to the game.

The guy on the phone assured me he would meet me on the day of the game. True to his word he was there on the day and provided the tickets,he even provided me premium tickets which I wasn't expecting. I saw some negative stories about this Seller but just thought id post my recent experience with them.

€500 for Eng v Ire tickets!! Personally, I would consider this touting unless that's face value??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 celtic8890

"€500 for Eng v Ire tickets!! Personally, I would consider this touting unless that's face value??"

Never said it wasnt, my only point was I got the tickets I paid for without any issues and the tickets were better than expected.

Ive no affiliation as I said, but just thought Id share my recent experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 briergirl

Glad to hear your experience My heart is in my mouth about my 1D tickets

Did you get any joy out of Needaticket????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 silvaa

I bought my STANDING tickets on the 29th of NOVEMBER 2013 for the BSB concert (1st of April 2014) and after a lot of time waiting they didn't send the tickets to my address.
    They gave me the tickets on the venue YESTERDAY on the same day of the event! And as it was not bad enough, the man who gave me the tickets said that the STANDING tickets (the ones that I've bought more than 5 MONTHS in advance) were sold out!!!!!! This is crazy and I am very upset because I paid for something that I didn't have at the end.He gave me seating tickets, very bad ones and he told me that we will give me a partial refund.... very very bad never again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Their pure chancers. They don't have the tickets they advertise. They wait for someone to buy then try source them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

People need to stop buying from them. They will keep getting away with this as long as people are crazy enough to keep giving them money.

Hurray got my 6 One Direction tickets in the post off Need a ticket today!!!! Very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

briergirl wrote: »
    Hurray got my 6 One Direction tickets in the post off Need a ticket today!!!! Very happy
    How much where you scalped for?.

• Advertisement

Paid €93 for a ticket with face value of €84.50. Not bad really!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

briergirl wrote: »
    Paid €93 for a ticket with face value of €84.50. Not bad really!!!!

Remember if the concert is cancelled and they are giving a refund you'll only ever get the amount that is printed on the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Why do people keep buying from touts??!! You are only feeding their "business"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭kiteman

Last year I bought 2 ticket for Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Firstly they posted the tickets to me for the wrong date,
    Secondly, a rep met me at the door of the 02 with my replacement tickets on the night.
    When we got inside, I can safely say we had the worst ticket in the entire place.
    Like an idiot I paid €360 for what I believed were good enough seats.
    Our tickets had complimentary printed on them.
    Obviously seats that were impossible to sell.
    When I complained to needaticket, I was eventually offered a refund of €50.00
    Knowing I was not going to get anywhere with these guys, I eventually accepted their offer, and guess what, 7 months later I'm still waiting for my €50
    Would I ever deal with these guys again, definitely not
    Would I recommend them, definitely not,

When I find how to upload photos I'll provide ones of the view we had and the ticket itself.

kiteman wrote: »
    Last year I bought 2 ticket for Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Firstly they posted the tickets to me for the wrong date,
    Secondly, a rep met me at the door of the 02 with my replacement tickets on the night.
    When we got inside, I can safely say we had the worst ticket in the entire place.
    Like an idiot I paid €360 for what I believed were good enough seats.
    Our tickets had complimentary printed on them.
    Obviously seats that were impossible to sell.
    When I complained to needaticket, I was eventually offered a refund of €50.00
    Knowing I was not going to get anywhere with these guys, I eventually accepted their offer, and guess what, 7 months later I'm still waiting for my €50
    Would I ever deal with these guys again, definitely not
    Would I recommend them, definitely not,

When I find how to upload photos I'll provide ones of the view we had and the ticket itself.

You're dealing with an online tout unfortunately.

Interesting that the ticket was marked as complimentary - these are usually given to media for giveaways or for assorted guest list people. They must have been working all their contacts to pull those ones in for you. If you still have the ticket stub - send the promoter an email with the details. They'll probably have a record who the tickets were issued to.

Five Lamps wrote: »

Interesting that the ticket was marked as complimentary - these are usually given to media for giveaways or for assorted guest list people. They must have been working all their contacts to pull those ones in for you. If you still have the ticket stub - send the promoter an email with the details. They'll probably have a record who the tickets were issued to.
    I'd say a lot of it is also selling tickets then looking for people on Done Deal etc. selling them, they buy from them and sell onto the buyer. That's why their tickets are never the actual seat numbers advertised.

Five Lamps wrote: »

I have a photo of the ticket and believe me I have gone down every avenue to try and get satisfaction, but no one is really interested.
    Need a ticket are a legit ticket marketing company, with an address in Capel st. I know this because thats where I posted back the tickets for the wrong date which were supplied initially.
    I wasn't expecting to get this sorted by posting it here, just spotted the thread and figured people should be warned about this shower of cowboys.

Thanks for the comments just the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Need a ticket are a legit ticket marketing company, with an address in Capel st.

An address in Capel Street means they exist. It does not make them a "legit ticket marketing company". Ticketmaster are the legit ticket agents for big concerts in Ireland and it's in their T&C that tickets cannot be resold. Need a ticket re-sell tickets at a higher price. That means the definition of something other than "a legit ticket marketing company".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

athtrasna wrote: »
    An address in Capel Street means they exist. It does not make them a "legit ticket marketing company". Ticketmaster are the legit ticket agents for big concerts in Ireland and it's in their T&C that tickets cannot be resold. Need a ticket re-sell tickets at a higher price. That means the definition of something other than "a legit ticket marketing company".

Actually it's the promoter who decides if tickets can be resold. Ticketmaster don't have a blanket prohibition on reselling if the promoter and the law allow it.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_ourpolicy
    6.8 You may not resell or transfer your tickets if prohibited by law. In addition, Event Partners may prohibit the resale or transfer of tickets for some events. Any resale or transfer (or attempted resale or transfer) of a ticket in breach of the applicable law or any restrictions imposed by the Event Partner is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.

• Advertisement

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Actually it's the promoter who decides if tickets can be resold. Ticketmaster don't have a blanket prohibition on reselling if the promoter and the law allow it.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_ourpolicy

That's a catch all as they sell across borders where actual reselling of tickets can be prohibited by law.

Promoters don't allow the resale of their tickets for a whole variety of reasons.

Update on my experience with Needaticket.

Following my post of july last I had a call from Needaticket the next day, claiming they sent me the €50 cheque etc etc.
    However following their own search with their bank, they admitted the cheque was never cashed.

Anyhow after several emails back and forward the sent to me a cheque for €50 plus a credit note for €150 to use against future tickets purchased from themselves.

After talking to them on the phone, to be very sure of what I was being offered, they agreed to let me have 2 tickets for Andre Rieu at the 02 dec 6th 2014 at a total cost to me of €100.
    This is based on me returning the cheque and the credit note to them.

So a good result for me and for needaticket also.

Thanks to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.

Update on my experience with Needaticket.

Following my post of july last I had a call from Needaticket the next day, claiming they sent me the €50 cheque etc etc.
    However following their own search with their bank, they admitted the cheque was never cashed.

Anyhow after several emails back and forward the sent to me a cheque for €50 plus a credit note for €150 to use against future tickets purchased from themselves.

After talking to them on the phone, to be very sure of what I was being offered, they agreed to let me have 2 tickets for Andre Rieu at the 02 dec 6th 2014 at a total cost to me of €100.
    This is based on me returning the cheque and the credit note to them.

So a good result for me and for needaticket also.

Thanks to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.

Following on from the above, I received by post today, 2 complimentary tickets to Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Thanks again to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Don't know why you would bother using them again to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Following on from the above, I received by post today, 2 complimentary tickets to Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Thanks again to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.
    Do the tickets say complimentary on them?

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Don't know why you would bother using them again to be honest.

If you read my posts you'll see needaticket contacted me after I posted my comments here.
    They offered tickets for this years performance at a greatly reduced price, which I accepted.
    Fair play to them I believe.

daytob wrote: »
    Do the tickets say complimentary on them?

No, complimentary does not appear on them anywhere. They are descent seats in the upper tier block P

No, complimentary does not appear on them anywhere. They are descent seats in the upper tier block P
    So the cheapest seats in the house.

I wouldn't call them addressing your issue after seeing comments here as good service. I'd have seen dealing with it before you had to come here as doing that.

It must sicken them that if you search for needaticket on google that this thread is the second result!

So the cheapest seats in the house.

I wouldn't call them addressing your issue after seeing comments here as good service. I'd have seen dealing with it before you had to come here as doing that.

It must sicken them that if you search for needaticket on google that this thread is the second result!

I wouldn't call them the cheapest seats in the house, seating in A + G are the cheapest in my experience.
    The way this issue was resolved was not the most ideal for needaticket, but in the long run they did resolve it to my satisfaction.
    Therefore I would consider the matter finished as far as I am concerned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement