Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

needaticket.ie

Options
  • 22-01-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi

anyone used this website? as far as I can make out the person who runs it just buys tickets of ticketmaster and then sells them for twice the price on his website

I rang the number on the webpage to see what kind of outfit they are and some kid answered the phone and said 'yea what'

so I am kinda reluctant to stick a credit card number into the checkout basket

anyone had any experience of this crowd?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

Never hear of them but why buy from them for double the price than Ticketmaster?

To register a .ie domain you need to have your company register (no sure what is needed to reg. a Ltd company or how much it is) so is not as easy as a .com damain

Whois for them:

domain: needaticket.ie
    descr: Needaticket Events Limited
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Corporate Name
    admin-c: ACS395-IEDR
    tech-c: AAM456-IEDR
    renewal: 27-November-2007
    nserver: NS.BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
    nserver: NS2.BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
    source: IEDR

person: Michael Scully
    nic-hdl: ACS395-IEDR

person: Blacknight.ie Hostmaster
    nic-hdl: AAM456-IEDR

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Flat

sweet!!

they look legit?

why does this ring a bell...

>>>BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM

think I saw it on boards.ie somewhere today... mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

blacknight is just the web host, like hosting365 and so on. I think this site probably sells tickets, but I have my doubts as to the legality of this practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

€140 for a ticket to Snoop when you could just buy one for €50 from ticketmaster? No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is it not illegal to resell tickets at more than face value?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Flat

yea its basically a scalping website, but the price quoted on the website is cheaper than what private sellers are looking for on buy and sell in this particular case

totally illegal and immoral I am sure

there seems to be huge problems getting tickets these days... arcade fire, bloc party and razorlight sold out instantly, people just buying 50 tickets and sticking them on ebay or your man buying them for his scalping websit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

JohnCleary wrote:
    €140 for a ticket to Snoop when you could just buy one for €50 from ticketmaster? No thanks

thats a rip off, im getting back stage tickets for FREE!!!!!:D cant wait to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

The guy who runs it was on the radio a fair bit around the time the site was launched. Most interviewers gave him a hard time. Anyway, the site is legit but I wouldn't touch it personally. The reason the tickets are so expensive is they're supposed to be "hard to get" (i.e sold out) but if they're still on ticketmaster then I don't know what he's playing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They're touts with a (poorly thrown together) website. It's the internet equivalent of standing outside a gig shouting "buy or selling tickets?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Id rather use ebay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

€180 for Arcade Fire!! no thanks........if they play for 90mins, that works out at €2 a minute! Even taxi's don't cost that. I sound like such a scab, thats what the bargain alerts forum does to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

I used them to buy arcade fire at €110 for upper circle arcade fire they were 135 on ebay I was happy with them got the tickets inside a week and the merchant was paypal who you would use on ebay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Buy a ticket, ask if you can pay Cash In Hand, as you're only 17 and don't have a CC or Paypal account... When the skanky little pr1ck meet's you, a swift kick to the Rib's shoudl to the trick.

Sorry, but it's people like the owner(s) of that website that is taking the Celtic Tiger for a ride up ah ar$e :(

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

JohnCleary wrote:
    Sorry, but it's people like the owner(s) of that website that is taking the Celtic Tiger for a ride up ah ar$e :(

Just like the Government :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Did I not hear something on the news yesterday about ticketmaster clamping down on reselling at more than face value?? They say they can track the tickets by serial numbers or something?? Is it really that much of a problem to them?? They're probably just sick that they're not getting that much for the tickets!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

dont see why ticketba$tard are bothered to be honest , regardless of the price of the ticket they get their commision both from the ticket buyer and the event organiser

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'm sure the touts could claim the difference in price is to reflect a "handling charge", just like Ticketmaster do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Touting isnt illegal, its just against ticketmasters T&C's.

Also its true that ticketmaster are clamping down, any ebay sellers that had photos of the actual tickets in the ad have had the tickets voided.
    Basically ticketmaster want to be the only ones allowed to rip the public off, they'd rather not have independants making waves in their monopoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 giggoer

hi there,

needaticket is a one man ticket tout operation run from an address in Dublin by michael scully.He gets tickets for events through whatever source and then raises the prices up as much as he thinks people will pay for them.the reason u got a,"yeah ,what?" answer when u rang him tells its own story.

One hilarious story connected to scully is his invitation to Las Vegas this year to speak for 15mins at some world touting conference(only in america,folks!).he was listed on the table of events as speaking on the importance of the development of the secondary ticketing market!!!(thats touting to you and me!!!). how does that speech go? "good evening,folks.if u buy tickets for a show and it sells out,u can sell them at twice face value.good nite and thank u."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

wow, way to drag up a really old thread, this is why we should bring rep back :)

bring it back I say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

what's going on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

this sounds familiar to one ebay tout (won't post his ebay name in case it's against the rules). Always has buckets of tickets for sold out events (have seen as many as 50 available) for extortionate 'buy it now' prices. Surely the guy must have a source in ticketmaster or within various event organisers. He has over 1000 ebay transactions (all for concert tickets) and encloses his mobile number on ebay adds saying to contact if you need tickets for any event.

Surely making it illegal to sell tickets for more than face value is the way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

He has over 1000 ebay transactions (all for concert tickets)

How much money has this netted him?? Makes me sick. May the hairs on his ar$e turn into drumsticks and bate the bo**ox out of him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

This chancer is currently taking peoples money for the upcomming Tom Waits concerts from an unsuspecting public. Now bear in mind that the concerts have not yet been confirmed by Tom Waits, the venue is not confirmed, only reported, and the ticket price is not yet released, never mind the actual tickets. What a pr*ck! Should be arrested!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What a pr*ck! Should be arrested!
    What is he doing thats illegal and therefore should be arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'd be curious to know this as well.
    I thought the only thing 'illegal' about touting was if you did it on the street without a casual trading license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=3911&&CatID=59&StartDate=01%20January%202005&OrderAscending=0

i am just wondering how far this bill got? it seems a few people have tried to regulate the touts but they dont get past the 1st hurdle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Cowboys ted ! .. COWBOYS !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

This chancer is currently taking peoples money for the upcomming Tom Waits concerts from an unsuspecting public. Now bear in mind that the concerts have not yet been confirmed by Tom Waits, the venue is not confirmed, only reported, and the ticket price is not yet released, never mind the actual tickets. What a pr*ck! Should be arrested!
    Lol, to make it even worse, those who purchase tickets will have their names printed on each ticket and will have to show ID to get in. So is he going to walk in with every customer?

It is up to the artists, the promoters and the ticket sellers to put rules in place to stop touting happening. More importantly it is up to the public to not buy from touts because at the end of the day touts would not exist if there was not a demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I'm nearly sure it was needaticket that was discussed a year ago, or so, on Joe Duffy.

Many had rang in saying that the tickets weren't guaranteed. 1 had had her CC charged, and was sent 10s of text messages about where to be outside the ground (kept changing to "go to gate B and stand by the lamppost"-type texts), but all contact had stopped about 20 mins in to the performance. She got her money back through the CC company. Her story was probably the worst, but there were a good few callers that had found out days or hours before that they wouldn't have tickets.

Advertisement