Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

needaticket.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ive just been in touch with needaticket myself. i bought 2 westlife croke park tickets back on christmas eve as a present.

was told over and over the tickets will be posted in march when i rang them in janurary.
    i think i rang them 8 times since then.

now the concert is on sunday and i rang them today to make sure they were posted as its the last post day before the weekend if i want them to arrive.

i was told by the "yeah what" kid that they arnt posting them anymore. that i need to collect them in dublin!

they were an xmas present! how can i send 2 people to dublin to collect them on sunday before the concert without a guarantee they will be there!!!

so i rang consumer affairs.

they told me needaticket are in breech of our contract because they charged me a 10euro shipping fee and changed on the last minute to collection.

im rinigng michael scully after lunch to tell him i want a full refund or the tickets in my letter box on friday morning or im filing a claim in the small claims court.

its an absolute disgrace this dickhead gets away with this shte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

keep us updated on the case.

I hope you get your refund from needaticket.ie

they sound like a bunch of pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

i have purchased tickets a few times from needaticket in the past. Never had a problem, but I only got to collect the tickets an hour or two before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭shalom

I think I read in the Sunday Times on Sunday that you had to have id to buy a Tom Waits ticket for his concert in Ireland. That anybody who bought a ticket would have their name on the back of it and would have to produce id going into the concert. Correct me if I'm wrong..... s

well i just rang again after being told i could speak to michael scully after lunch....

low and behold he's not available!

so i left a nice message for him.

my contract with him is void on his behalf as i paid for shipping of the tickets.
    i was informed by consumer affairs that he didnt hold his side of the contract.

and on this matter im entitled to a refund of the full amount.

i told him i want 1 of three choices.

1- refund the full amount of the tickets.
    2- post my tickets as stated in our contract.
    3- small claims court.

im waiting for a response from them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Why not just meet him to get teh tickets and pound him into the ground for being a right cnut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I have 65000 Westlife tickets for Croke Park Cusack Stand. It comes to a grand total of just €2.73!!!

Should I chance it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Why not just meet him to get teh tickets and pound him into the ground for being a right cnut?
    because that would be assault?

have to admit its tempting. im sure everyone who's dealt with him would appreciate it.

quick update on this

i got a phone call today from needaticket.

he told me the ticket's were sent by courier and he sent me an e-mail last night with the tracking number.

this made me think. why tell me they dont have the tickets until sunday and then when i threaten to bring them to court they magically have them?

so it looks like they are scamming the 10euro shipping fee off everyone else!

buyer beware.

• Advertisement

ticket's arrived.

but they have someone else's name on them.

will this matter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cant see how

ticket's arrived.

but they have someone else's name on them.

will this matter?

If they're asking for ID at the doors it'll matter. They're doing this to try and kill off touts

It's a total 50/50 really

lovely. so should i bother?

honesltly, i bought them for my gf but we broke up 2 weeks ago. havnt been able to sell them anywhere.
    plus with the bullsh*t story needaticket gave me i had no way of selling them because i didnt actually have them to sell.... until today.
    and now there is some other fellas name on it so what can i do....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

woo a new gf using the tickets :)

lovely. so should i bother?

honesltly, i bought them for my gf but we broke up 2 weeks ago. havnt been able to sell them anywhere.
    plus with the bullsh*t story needaticket gave me i had no way of selling them because i didnt actually have them to sell.... until today.
    and now there is some other fellas name on it so what can i do....

What are they for?

Give them to me :D

-Edit- Westlife. Pfft, it's your own fault for having such bas taste, even if they were for your GF :D

lol i know..... but she wanted them for xmas... and i was a fool to buy them... 300 yoyo's wasted unless i can find someone who wants them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Just saw this on ebay.

I mentioned this same person before, obviously the needaticket crowd which i didn't know at the time

They have bags of tickets for an event I can't name for sale at below face value (if you visit his shop you'll see). Delighted for them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just saw this on ebay.

I mentioned this same person before, obviously the needaticket crowd which i didn't know at the time

They have bags of tickets for an event I can't name for sale at below face value (if you visit his shop you'll see). Delighted for them.
    Well youve made me smile today. Seems the staggered ticket selling policy of they-who-shall-not-be-named has worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

My wife bought two tickets off this guy for the france irish game in paris this weekend back in November. It was a Christmas present and the abosolute git charged her €220 and delivered two tickets with a face value of €13. She didn't choose the cheapest tickets available either, these were the 2nd most expensive yet he supplied the cheapest available tickets in the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 sabrina murphy

hi myself and my husband really wanted to go the groove armada but all the standing tickets were gone (but sitted were still availiable on ticketmaster for 37euro) so against our better judgement we got 4 STANDING tickets on needaticket.ie for 15euro over the price for us and freinds.So the day of the gig we got our ticket even though we booked them months before hand and they were SITTED tickets.I rang need a ticket and his reply was "what do you want me to do about it" and would not give us a refund.Who wants to sit at a dance gig????? He was such rude guy and we didnt get what we paid for so PLEASEEEEE for ur own good dont get tickets from NEDDATICKET.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Needaticket

This Customer is correct in what she said we did supply seated tickets instead of the standing that she ordered. The problem being that we bought tickets from a source who later turned out to be dubious. Rather than supply those standing we had to buy tickets at late notice at a far higher price than the customer paid which were seating. It does state in our terms and conditions we may have to change the area that you may have bought. We do offer a 20 refund on your orignal purchase price. This does happen from time to time and unfortunately with the recession we find there is a higher prevelance of people trying to defraud us by trying to sell invalid tickets. We are always endevouring to update our checks when buying tickets. We do also advise anyone buying tickets from persons unknown to them please ask for photo id as with the festivals this summer the higher face value does attract quite an amount of fraud and online please use a credit card as you can claim your money back in the event of fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Who cares about your excuses? You sold her a standing ticket and failed to deliver. You should offer a full refund, but touts don't do refunds.

I mean this guy is looking for €400 for a ticket for Ireland v Wales this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

unfortunately with the recession we find there is a higher prevelance of people trying to defraud us by trying to sell invalid tickets.

Hahah, i'd call that karma. Touts are scum.

People - use toutless.com as your first point of call for sold out gigs and sporting events. It's non-profit and tickets are sold at face value by people who are unable to attend gigs they've purchased tickets for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Richyrichy

Hi....while I do have sympathy for somebody who did not get the tickets they ordered which is not acceptable .........everybody has to understand thats its supply and demand..to be honest I got 2 tickets for the rugby but can not attend so put them up on ebay and bought by these guys...........met them today and they handed over cash without looking at tickets so they actually do appear to be very genuine........the moral of the story is if you want tickets get them early and dont wait till the last minute cuz it will cost a lot.........nobody likes paying more thanm face value but they paid me more than twice face value for the tickets and they will try and double their outlay ......so I say good luck to them...but please ..........make sure people get what they order.....no excuses for not delivering on this....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sabrina murphy

RichyRichy I totally agree with you regarding if there is a market out there for peolple who are willing to pay over the odds for the tickets why not, but the promblem arises when you dont get the tickets u pay for. They stated we could get a 20% refund on this board however i can wholeheartly assure this was NOT offered to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamhy G

As part of the four who had to sit during the Groove armada concert, I would just like to say that when we received our incorrect tickets on the day of the gig, we went onto needaticket.ie to check their terms and conditions. We decided to check if they were still selling standing tickets and low and behold, there they were STANDING tickets selling for E90. Why were they still selling standing tickets if we couldn't even get standing tickets and we had bought them a month or two before??? I wasn't happy about paying over the odds for the tickets especially from a tout website but we really wanted to go. Well all I can say is that we have learned our lesson and will never purchase from a tout website again and hopefully other people won't get skanked either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sweeneyc

I have bought tickets off these guys several times and always found them pretty reasonable. I just bought tickets for last weeks Ireland Wales game at €150 a ticket as a Christmas Present and recived them approx a week before the game and have got stuff off them once or twice before. No one likes paying above face value but they are pretty good as touts go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Needaticket

Again to Miss Murphy I apologise on the fact that she received tickets for seated instead of standing. I can say that it is company policy to offer a 20% refund on downgraded tickets how ever we do reserve the right to change locations it does not happen very often. I do not understand how she says she did not receive this but if this is the case I will of course contact her personally on this. I am more than happy for anyone with a problem to ring the office on 01 8782942 in order to sort out the issue. I am not saying we are on anyones Christmas Card list, however 99% of our tickets are delivered with no problems. We do pay above face value for the majority of our tickets and thus charge above face value for our tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Richyrichy wrote: »
    Hi....while I do have sympathy for somebody who did not get the tickets they ordered which is not acceptable .........everybody has to understand thats its supply and demand..to be honest I got 2 tickets for the rugby but can not attend so put them up on ebay and bought by these guys...........met them today and they handed over cash without looking at tickets so they actually do appear to be very genuine........the moral of the story is if you want tickets get them early and dont wait till the last minute cuz it will cost a lot.........nobody likes paying more thanm face value but they paid me more than twice face value for the tickets and they will try and double their outlay ......so I say good luck to them...but please ..........make sure people get what they order.....no excuses for not delivering on this....:o

Why do I smell a rat when this is someone's first post? Am I overly suspicious and cynical?

Advertisement