Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

needaticket.ie

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

I paid 110 Euro for Kings of Leon for the husband for Christmas. Ticketmaster sold out and they were 85 on there. I dont think I paid too over the odds. Tickets dont be sent out till a week before the actual gig but I rang and man and he is posting out a gift voucher so I can put that in the Hubbys card to show I got him the ticket. The man i spoke to was pleasant and I dont have any issues. 110 was a good price if i bought them on donedeal they were 150plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

110 was a good price if i bought them on donedeal they were 150plus.

It's only a good price if you actually get the ticket, otherwise you've just thrown away €110. Be under no illusion, but you've bought from a tout, and have absolutely no guarantee or come back if you don't get the ticket.

Oh I agree! But i have no complaints so far.... innocent until proven guilty i suppose. I will come back with a post of complaints should I encounter one

But all you've done so far is pay them money, it's too early to say anything about them really.

well i am just making the point the price wasant too crazy. 110 as opposed to 85. and the man was courteous on the phone. sorry if i dont automatically think the worst of people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

sweeneyc wrote: »
    I have bought tickets off these guys several times and always found them pretty reasonable. I just bought tickets for last weeks Ireland Wales game at €150 a ticket as a Christmas Present and recived them approx a week before the game and have got stuff off them once or twice before. No one likes paying above face value but they are pretty good as touts go

One post wonder?

Might I suggest you all try toutless.com the next time. They do not allow ticket sales above the face value and I have bought and sold tickets there with no hassle. Basically its a board similar to boards.ie where users can advertise what they have for sale and others can post what they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

you do know this website is owned by ticketmaster..
    they bought it over by then a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

DYLF wrote: »

no that would be getmein :P

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

i bought tickets off this crowd recently for a big concert next year..they're basically touts with a website IMO..read mixed reviews about them..against my better judgement i decided to give them the benefit of the doubt because i really needed to get these tickets for Christmas..i really dont like the idea of waiting a week before the concert to send out the tickets either!..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I think i'm going to have to buy a ticket from this site. Any updates from anyone?

tasha1 wrote: »
    I think i'm going to have to buy a ticket from this site. Any updates from anyone?

I presume you have read through this thread in full ... should be all the update you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I have. I thought it would be clear that i meant from anybody who had made a purchase/received a ticket since the last post. Sorry that you failed to understand my very basic question.

DYLF wrote: »

Any way to back that up? I see no indication that needaticket is owned by Ticketmaster. There's nothing on the website, the registration of the site is not by Ticketmaster, and Ticketmaster is hosted in a different country and registered to a different persons name.
    I have. I thought it would be clear that i meant from anybody who had made a purchase/received a ticket since the last post. Sorry that you failed to understand my very basic question.

Nothing has changed though. Needaticket is still a tout with a website. They sell tickets they don't have yet, and there's no guarantee that you'll get the ticket. It may well work for many people, just as many people by tickets from touts on eBay or on the street, but you also get people who are ripped off in this way too. It's up to you to decide whether you want to risk money on a tout.

Apology accepted :rolleyes: Just don't come on here complaining if it all goes wrong!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 dotnetster

I bought tickets from needaticket.ie recently for a concert in the O2. At first I was very hesitant after reading some of the reviews here, but needs must. But I have to say my experience was great. I wanted tickets in a particular section, and got the ones I wanted. They also arrived 5 to 7 days before the event as promised.

Anyways, just wanted to share my story with you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

In the event of a cancellation does Needaticket.ie refund face value only or all of what you paid them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

BrianD wrote: »
    In the event of a cancellation does Needaticket.ie refund face value only or all of what you paid them?

Nope
    In the event of cancellation/rescheduling
    If an event is cancelled by the artist or promoter, we will refund the face value of the ticket only. If an event is rescheduled by the artist or promoter and you cannot attend we will refund the face value of the tickets only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JoeyBlowey

ALL,
    STAY AWAY FROM NEEDATICKET.IE, BOUGHT TICKETS TO EVENT IN THE O2 FOR MYSELF & GIRLFRIEND AS PART OF HER BIRTHDAY PRESENT. SHE WAS OVER THE MOON AND ALSO HAD NICE HOTEL IN DUBLIN BOOKED AS PART OF THE SURPRISE.
    PREMIUM FRONT ROW TICKETS (GOLD CIRCLE) - €290 IN TOTAL.
    LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE, NO SIGN OF TICKETS.
    RANG, E-MAILED - NO RESPONSE.
    WHEN I DID EVENTUAILY GET A RESPONSE, I WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAD NO RECORD OF THE TRANSACTION FOR THE TICKETS, SO I SEND ON THE PAYPAL RECEIPT BY E-MAIL.
    I WAS THEN TOLD TICKETS WOULD BE POSTED TO ME BUT IT WAS TOO CLOSE TO THE EVENT AND I ASKED FOR THEM TO BE LEFT AT THE HOTEL RECEPTION IN DUBLIN WHERE WE HAD BOOKED TO STAY.
    I ASK IN WRITING TO ENSURE THAT THESE TICKETS WERE 'GOLD CIRCLE'.
    THE RESPONSE I GOT WAS 'YOUR TICKETS WILL BE WITH CONCIERGE AT X HOTEL FOR YOU' - NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED OR CONFIRM THAT THEY WERE 'GOLD CIRCLE' TICKETS AS REQUESTED.
    ARRIVED AT HOTEL - ALL EXCITED - OPENED TICKETS - RAGING - €65 (€130 TOTAL) TICKETS FOR APPROX. 20 ROWS BACK FROM FRONT.
    RANG THE GUY I WAS DEALING WITH IN NEEDATICKET.IE (GEAROID) - NO ANSWER.
    SENT HIM A TEXT TELLING HIM IF i WASN'T GETTING A FULL REFUND i WAS TAKING THE MATTER TO THE OMBUDSMAN AND SMALL CLAIMS COURT. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, i GOT A PHONE CALL RABBITING ON ABOUT THE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
    LONG AND SHORT OF IT GUYS - NIGHT AND BIRTHDAY WAS RUINED AND I'M STILL OUT OF POCKET AND CHASING A REFUND.
    I'M NOW NOT RECEIVING ANY RESPONSE FROM HIM BUT I'M SURE I WILL ONCE HE GETS A NICE LETTER FOR COURT AND A CALL FROM THE OMBUDSMANS OFFICE.
    i SHOULD HAVE KNOWN....BE WARNED ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

JoeyBlowey Please don't use all CAPITALS in your post, it's the internet equivalent of SHOUTING. In addition, posting the same post across multiple forums in Boards is not a good idea. It's a very quick way to get your post deleted and yourself banned.

Secondly, what ombudsman are you referring to?

Thirdly, you did not receive the product ordered. You should be entitled to a refund for the difference. Write a registered letter to Needaticket.ie giving them 10 days to refund the difference, or you will be lodging a claim in the Small Claims Court.

• Advertisement

This is their 'policy' on refunds;

If your first choice of tickets is not available we reserve the right to upgrade your seats at no extra cost, downgrade with a partial refund or offer you a ticket for the same venue/artist on a different date. If we are unable to offer you any of these alternatives we will cancel your order with a Golden refund. A Golden refund entitles you to a full refund of the price you paid for the tickets, plus an additional 25% on top, as our way of saying "sorry we let you down". We will also give you a free upgrade (if you choose to use us again!!) the next time you book. Odd numbers of tickets cannot be guaranteed to be together in the same row, but we will do our best. We will not be liable for any expenses. All concert ticket prices are in Euro and include VAT. All Sporting ticket prices are in Euro and do not include VAT Lost or stolen tickets cannot be duplicated or refunded. Once again please treat your tickets like cash!

Follow dudaras advice and puruse them in the small claims court if they don't respond to you.

I understand a lot of people only find out about touts after they've been scammed and walk into these transactions blind, but I wish there was more awareness about these cowboys, they're untrustworthy and their practice is illegal (as per ticketmasters terms of ticket sales prohibiting the resale of tickets)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Hi Ive used them for oxegen 2008, bought a 3 day camping ticket. No problems. But a bit pricey. But worth it in the long run!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JoeyBlowey

Sorry for posting in Capitals...Just joined and my very first post/s...I just used the capitals to get everyones attention and make the post stand out.
    Also, apoligies for cross posting, I was just posting to different threads in respect of the same topic.

Thank you also for the advice on the registered letter, I will try this route first to see will I get a satisfactory response before the route of small claims court.

The 'Ombudsman' facility I will be refering the matter to initially is the Consumer Association of Ireland (CAI) and then take it from there.

The Consumers Association of Ireland is an independent body that advises on consumer rights. They have no power to investigate or do anything on your behalf. The statutory body charged with protecting consumers is the National Consumer Association, but they will not intervene in your case, only advise you on how you can protect your own rights. They will tell you what your rights are, but it will be up to you to do anything about getting your money back.

Needaticket is a tout website, no different from a guy selling tickets on the street outside a match or venue. I actually believe you'd be better off buying from the guy on the street, as at least you'd be able to see the ticket you're buying, and you'd be under no illusions that you are not buying from a tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,041 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Needaticket and likes of GetMeIn are glorified ticket touts. Plain and simple.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

NIMAN wrote: »
    Needaticket and likes of GetMeIn are glorified ticket touts. Plain and simple.

Ticketmaster own GetMeIn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,041 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah I know. I stick by my original statement;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bit of a read but WELL worth it, Here's Trent Reznor's (Nine Inch Nails) take on Ticketbastard

As we approach on-sale dates for the upcoming tour, I've noticed lots of you are curious / concerned / outraged at the plethora of tickets that somehow appear on all these reseller sites at inflated prices - even before the pre-sale dates. I'll do my best to explain the situation as I see it, as well as clarify my organization's stance in the matter.

NIN decides to tour this summer. We arrive at the conclusion outdoor amphitheaters are the right venue for this outing, for a variety of reasons we've throughly considered*. In the past, NIN would sell the shows in each market to local promoters, who then "buy" the show from us to sell to you. Live Nation happens to own all the amphitheaters and bought most of the local promoters - so if you want to play those venues, you're being promoted by Live Nation. Live Nation has had an exclusive deal with TicketMaster that has just expired, so Live Nation launched their own ticketing service. Most of the dates on this tour are through Live Nation, some are through TicketMaster - this is determined by the promoter (Live Nation), not us.
    Now we get into the issue of secondary markets for tickets, which is the hot issue here. The ticketing marketplace for rock concerts shows a real lack of sophistication, meaning this: the true market value of some tickets for some concerts is much higher than what the act wants to be perceived as charging. For example, there are some people who would be willing to pay $1,000 and up to be in the best seats for various shows, but MOST acts in the rock / pop world don't want to come off as greedy pricks asking that much, even though the market says its value is that high. The acts know this, the venue knows this, the promoters know this, the ticketing company knows this and the scalpers really know this. So...

The venue, the promoter, the ticketing agency and often the artist camp (artist, management and agent) take tickets from the pool of available seats and feed them directly to the re-seller (which from this point on will be referred to by their true name: SCALPER). I am not saying every one of the above entities all do this, nor am I saying they do it for all shows but this is a very common practice that happens more often than not. There is money to be made and they feel they should participate in it. There are a number of scams they employ to pull this off which is beyond the scope of this note.

StubHub.com is an example of a re-seller / scalper. So is TicketsNow.com.

Here's the rub: TicketMaster has essentially been a monopoly for many years - certainly up until Live Nation's exclusive deal ran out. They could have (and can right now) stop the secondary market dead in its tracks by doing the following: limit the amount of sales per customer, print names on the tickets and require ID / ticket matches at the venue. We know this works because we do it for our pre-sales. Why don't THEY do it? It's obvious - they make a lot of money fueling the secondary market. TicketMaster even bought a re-seller site and often bounces you over to that site to buy tickets (TicketsNow.com)!

NIN gets 10% of the available seats for our own pre-sale. We won a tough (and I mean TOUGH) battle to get the best seats. We require you to sign up at our site (for free) to get tickets. We limit the amount you can buy, we print your name on the tickets and we have our own person let you in a separate entrance where we check your ID to match the ticket. We charge you a surcharge that has been less than TicketMaster's or Live Nation's in all cases so far to pay for the costs of doing this - it's not a profit center for us. We have essentially stopped scalping by doing these things - because we want true fans to be able to get great seats and not get ripped off by these parasites.

I assure you nobody in the NIN camp supplies or supports the practice of supplying tickets to these re-sellers because it's not something we morally feel is the right thing to do. We are leaving money on the table here but it's not always about money.
    Being completely honest, it IS something I've had to consider. If people are willing to pay a lot of money to sit up front AND ARE GOING TO ANYWAY thanks to the rigged system, why let that money go into the hands of the scalpers? I'm the one busting my ass up there every night. The conclusion really came down to it not feeling like the right thing to do - simple as that.

My guess as to what will eventually happen if / when Live Nation and TicketMaster merges is that they'll move to an auction or market-based pricing scheme - which will simply mean it will cost a lot more to get a good seat for a hot show. They will simply BECOME the scalper, eliminating them from the mix.

Nothing's going to change until the ticketing entity gets serious about stopping the problem - which of course they don't see as a problem. The ultimate way to hurt scalpers is to not support them. Leave them holding the merchandise. If this subject interests you, check out the following links. Don't buy from scalpers, and be suspect of artists singing the praises of the Live Nation / TicketMaster merger. What's in it for them?

[online.wsj.com]

[www.boston.com]

[articles.latimes.com]

[www.econtalk.org]

[seattlepi.nwsource.com]

[www.stanford.edu]

[usgovinfo.about.com]

[blogs.consumerreports.org]

[www.dailytexanonline.com]

[news.google.com]

[www.financialpost.com]

[www.wisegeek.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

[online.wsj.com]

[online.wsj.com]

* I fully realize by playing those venues we are getting into bed with all these guys. I've learned to choose my fights and at this point in time it would be logistically too difficult to attempt to circumvent the venues / promoter / ticketing infrastructure already in place for this type of tour. For those of you about to snipe "it's your fault for playing there, etc... " - I know it is.

Source : http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?59,548515

There was a big thing on Watchdog UK about this last year.

Ticketmaster explicitly prohibit the resale of tickets (if you read their policy) and maintain that resold tickets are invalid etc etc.

Yet they own a company (Getmein) which makes money off the resale of tickets and exists to facilitate the resale of tickets despite TM saying resold tickets are invalid.

Go figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Kouels

Wanted 2 tickets for JLS for my young daughter but only available seats left were very far back, so (stupidly) bought them from needaticket.ie. Seats were supposed to be near the stage, but when they finally arrived they're further back than the ones I could have originally bought from tickermaster for half the price. Tried several times to contact needaticket by phone and email and got no reponse.
    Really wish I had found these posts beforehand..Just want to warn others that the guy is ripping people off..don't do it!!

Advertisement