Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegas Nights Team Event...Sun 18th Feb

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Typical really. Every time a boardsie does well in a tourney somone posts a thread congratulating them. But then one of your own, one of your caring mods does well and nothing. Well feck ye then. Thats all I can say. I expect it from the elitist gits that went to Wateford but not from my fellow ordinary Joes. Instant bannings is the only response to this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sosh

Check PM Vegas Nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

musician wrote:
    Typical really. Every time a boardsie does well in a tourney somone posts a thread congratulating them. But then one of your own, one of your caring mods does well and nothing. Well feck ye then. Thats all I can say. I expect it from the elitist gits that went to Wateford but not from my fellow ordinary Joes. Instant bannings is the only response to this :)

lol - well done Briano. I have morphed into a pokersnob. I admit it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    lol - well done Briano. I have morphed into a pokersnob. I admit it.

I aspire to being a pokersnob. One fine day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

So ya came third. Congrats. I thought you'd fallen asleep beside me a few times. But you kept waking up with pocket pairs and flopping sets. Sure any eejit could make the FT with those cards. :D

WP Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

ntlbell wrote:
    glad to see my spot is secured...!!!

a%%holes!

ntlbell wrote:
    I forgot all about this.

a%%hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Well played Brian, you belonged with the Grumpy Dubs - for obvious reasons!

And congrats on surviving the moronic table talk that i had to endure, the type of players that revel in their drunken ignorant stupidity.

having said that, the first table i was on was fine, probably because it was sober.

Nick has a great team, pity he doesnt have a venue where the players have a little more class - i guess thats the nature of the game.

If i seem like a snob its because its true, I'm sick of babysitting loudmouths, enduring their bigotry while waiting for their inevitable meltdowns.

(i just dont like drunks repeatedly and intentionally using the C word when theres ladies at the table)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

Fair play Brian, you played well despite nursing a migraine/ hangover???
    Good to meet you and at least we didn't knock each other out or even
    get tangled in too many pots over the last couple of hours.

Still amazed the guy called my preflop all in AJs with his 52o and rivered a house. But can't complain after getting dealt AK three hands in a row earlier!

I enjoyed the event and would be up for it again if you're getting a team
    together.
    By the way, it was very good of that guy to fill you in on the etiquette of cutting the deck;)
    You learn something new every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

DPablo wrote:
    By the way, it was very good of that guy to fill you in on the etiquette of cutting the deck;)
    You learn something new every day!

lol, that was pretty annoying alright, I was at that table for the whole game and there was no bull****, a player who mucked his cards when he thought everyone folded was let take them back, people who put in too much/too little by obvious mistake were given a fair let off, people were giving the ok to go ahead and deal without cutting and there was good banter and general friendliness until that. Was dealt with well anyway and a few jokes were made about it too:)

Well done on 3rd Brian, you were down to your last shillings when you came to the table and took a bad hit on I forget what.

Dpablo, were you at table 2 also?

Agree with you about the C word with ladies at the table Doc, it's kinda cringey, although the worst was when the gal beside me was wondering if she'd have enough time to go to the toilet when we were taking a 2 minute break to sort something out and one guy asked can he go watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

despite the unbelievable run of great starting hands being outdrawn hand after hand, i had a ball

its been a while since i was called for all a guys chips with an As-3d in his hand and a board of Jc-Qc-Kc-9c-9d after i bet pre-flop, on the flop, on 4th street and all in on the river

thanks God my KKK-99 held up, LOL, i was worried he had the 10c for a straight flush

i ended up dealing for a while and saw some amazing bluffers going at it, i think they were from Finglas and the banter was good humoured and a laugh a minute.

a great event, well attended, well managed and plenty of action

congrats to Nick and the TD for the day a combination of JP & Co.

The Clamper :cool:

next time i'll bring my own team of dinosaurs

• Advertisement

DPablo wrote:

Well played Paul. Apparently these games are played according to the World Poker Rules which include the cutting of the deck :)

cormie wrote:
    Agree with you about the C word with ladies at the table Doc, it's kinda cringey, although the worst was when the gal beside me was wondering if she'd have enough time to go to the toilet when we were taking a 2 minute break to sort something out and one guy asked can he go watch.

:eek:

There were some very good looking women playing I noticed and grown men behaving like children if they came to the table. Amazing stuff. Back to the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

musician wrote:
    I aspire to being a pokersnob. One fine day.

Was your team called the walkin warriors or the walkin worriers?.....

Great result Brian, nice to see the mods can play a little bit too.

I thought it was warriors but it was all a bit confused as the original name, Muff Divers, was disallowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

cormie wrote:
    Dpablo, were you at table 2 also?

Hi Cormie,

I was on your immediate left (remember Bar Mondo);)
    eyeing up your chip stack!
    You seemed to go card dead just before the final table.
    Good luck

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

DPablo wrote:
    Hi Cormie,

I was on your immediate left (remember Bar Mondo);)
    eyeing up your chip stack!
    You seemed to go card dead just before the final table.
    Good luck

Paul

Ah yeah, now I know who you are:)

I went extremely card dead and couldn't pull any moves with the cards I had due to the blinds and stacks of the rest of the players. Got away with a few moves and didn't with others (my last move:o). Bit rusty at the oul MTT's too I suppose, they're not my type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sorry lads, but I didn't hit any cards and it doesn't help to have 4 calling stations at my table, calling 1000 bets early on looking for runner runner and hitting.

Made my entrance fee back on some side action.

Advertisement