Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can PokerEvents please reply to this?

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hello nhtbell,

This is a personal attack and should not have been posted in a public forum where you know the person is not here to defend himself.

If you wish to further in this public please do so on a forum which the person in question can at least defend himself.

I assume the moderators will take the necessary action regarding this post

Regards

Stephen
    I think you will find the moderator beat you to it by several posts.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TheDuck32

DeVore wrote:
    Sorry Manus, I only wanted clarity because you appeared to be passing yourself off as a member of the public when you arent. What your connection to PE is currently is none of my business nor anyone elses. What I'm trying to promote is a sense of, dare I use the word, transparency.

As I said, I have done this before, will do it in the future. Its not victimisation its site policy. You dont see the deletions of abusive attacks on PE we are deleting before they get read so perhaps it seems like we are taking sides. I assure you we aren't.

DeV.
    Ignore my previous post, as i hadn't see this.
    But the insults are a bit childish on a thread with some serious topics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Just had a quick look through the thread, Carfax and BigSlickPoker both post, they both advertise their companies in their signature so its fairly clear.
    John@thenewvic is also very clear and he says he is looking for dealers.
    DeV is not so clear but I would say 95% of posters know his involvement with GJP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

My 2 cents on this is i worked for PE once cost me €22 on expenses to the red cow i was handed €30 after been there from 5 o'clock for ""Training"" which meant moving tables and chairs (Manual labour) and only payed from 8.30 and i was treated like sh1t,, Manus at the time rang me the next Saturday i refused there was never a mention of any tips received, so that's my gripe with the so called COMPANY call Pokerevents

Mick Locke

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

TheDuck32 wrote:
    You accussed me of Shilling when i have nothing to gain. Also I have been insulted by another poster ,(which has now but edited but i am sure you saw it)
    And the above is a suitable response by you?

Nice
    It wasnt a response to you, it was an attempt to get this thread back on topic. Sorry if you took it as an attempt to stop you posting.

I do not know what your connection to PE is these days, I dont care either. I dont know if you have shares or if you are a completely unconnected party now. I don't care either so please dont tell me. What I care about is that you are not the simple passerby you were passing yourself off to be.

DeV.

• Advertisement

TheDuck32 wrote:
    Ignore my previous post, as i hadn't see this.
    I couldnt agree more. You'll find they are gone and the originators cooling their heels outside this forum for a week.

DeV.

bohsman wrote:
    Just had a quick look through the thread, Carfax and BigSlickPoker both post, they both advertise their companies in their signature so its fairly clear.
    John@thenewvic is also very clear and he says he is looking for dealers.
    DeV is not so clear but I would say 95% of posters know his involvement with GJP

A link at the bottom of their posts, ya wonderful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

lafortezza wrote:
    When it happens they will. Back on topic everyone please.

Please tell me exactly what the topic is then so we can get back on it???

Is it.

PE treat their dealers badly
    PE USED to treat their dealers badly
    PE WILL ALWAYS treat their dealers badly

OR is the topic....I hate PE.

If the mods watch this forum as carefully as you Tessie you'll note that PE do get criticised after nearly every post. As someone who has no affliation to them nor am I a shill for anyone . (NEVER) In fact I'd prefer the big fitz tournys to anywhere else I've played by a mile. Do you not think the duck chap however shilly he may be has in fact got a point.

If things are better now, get over it. If someone owes you money go after him
    If not change the channel.. and most of all if they treat dealers badly don't deal for them..

I do sense a bias in this forum INHO. Feel free to ban me, I have got a new corssword book for christmas I will use it to keep myself amused.

DeVore wrote:
    I couldnt agree more. You'll find they are gone and the originators cooling their heels outside this forum for a week.

DeV.

Thank you, got to go and play the sat in the westwood now. I am sure I'll see most of you at the IPC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

TheDuck32 wrote:
    A link at the bottom of their posts, ya wonderful

what do you want them to do? Start every post with Mr X CEO of Poker INC formerly of POKR KORP?? really shouldnt get involved. Im leaving

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭PokerEvents-Ste

MickL

'More like
    Fintan is an entrepreneur who is RIPPING PEOPLE OFF providing a service'

Another personal attack knowing made when the person is not here to defend himself.

If you wish to continue a public attack at least use a forum which the person is on i.e. pokerevents.ie

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Solksjaer wrote:
    Please tell me exactly what the topic is then so we can get back on it???
    Is it.
    PE treat their dealers badly
    PE USED to treat their dealers badly
    PE WILL ALWAYS treat their dealers badly
    OR is the topic....I hate PE.

Why would I ban you? Although I do still have that pm where you said you were leaving the forum/banning yourself.

As for this thread, if you read *any* of the posts by ditpoker you'll see why the thread was started and what information he'd like to know.
    I don't see much that is constructive in your posts so far towards sorting out issues that dealers have with PE.
    If things are better now, get over it. If someone owes you money go after him
    If not change the channel.. and most of all if they treat dealers badly don't deal for them..
    I vaguely agree with you on this, especially since PE-Ste said he wouldn't be posting on this thread any more, as is his prerogative.

lafortezza wrote:
    I vaguely agree with you on this, especially since PE-Ste said he wouldn't be posting on this thread any more, as is his prerogative.

What???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Someone should start a fund to free Fintan from his exile in the pokerevents.ie forum.

lafortezza wrote:
    Why would I ban you? Although I do still have that pm where you said you were leaving the forum/banning yourself.

Hmm yes I forgot it was you. Hmm Same MOD hmmm (SOH issues) , yeah didn't reply to my last PM asking the difference between my post at the time (humourous I thought) and another... you do know what humour is? Is does serve a purpose you know....(brick wall here I bet) Go on smile it won't kill ya...(on 2nd thoughts). At the time you had p*ssd me off with yer P**sy attitude. Then I realised you didn't own the forum you just THOUGHT you did (btw a PM would have done ..cheap shot boy but WP ) .

Also you don't see anything in my posts that are constructive. Well 'not working for a company that supposedly rips you off' is good advice anyway.

:p:p oh oh back on topic. Seems like I've been dragging it off topic and all the other posts are directly answering the OPs hmmm. Tezza ....guess we clash girl

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

What???
    This will be my last post regarding this matter!

I have worked as a dealer and tournament director for PokerEvents. I know what its like from both sides!

HTH HAND

Nic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

ntlbell wrote:
    It's real easy.
    Mike lacey - GJP - Gentleman and professional
    Nick O'Hara - VN - Gentleman and professional
    JP - JJP mania - Gentleman and professional
    Neil - Big slick poker - Gentleman and professional
    Stephen McClean - Poker Ireland - Gentleman and professional
    And many many more

Neil - Big slick poker - Gentleman and professional :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Solksjaer wrote:
    Hmm yes I forgot it was you. Hmm Same MOD hmmm (SOH issues) , yeah didn't reply to my last PM asking the difference between my post at the time (humourous I thought) and another... you do know what humour is? Is does serve a purpose you know....(brick wall here I bet) Go on smile it won't kill ya...(on 2nd thoughts). At the time you had p*ssd me off with yer P**sy attitude. Then I realised you didn't own the forum you just THOUGHT you did (btw a PM would have done ..cheap shot boy but WP ) .

Also you don't see anything in my posts that are constructive. Well 'not working for a company that supposedly rips you off' is good advice anyway.

:p:p oh oh back on topic. Seems like I've been dragging it off topic and all the other posts are directly answering the OPs hmmm. Tezza ....guess we clash girl

Please stop getting involved in threads and trying to make jokes. Thanks

Solk's if you are going to have a go at La Fort for his modding, be ready to argue with just about everyone on this forum including the *actual* owner of this site. :) This isnt the thread for it.

Nor is it the thread for comedy, people are angry on both sides it seems and you pulling funny faces isnt going to make that go away. Sorry, but I know the word "humour", its one of my favourites. "Appropriate" is another.

Now, we get back on topic or the ban hammer comes out. Mr Locke has already left us due to Tourettes Syndrome of the fingers.

The next posts had better be on topic and relevant to OP...

DeV.

PM sent

Goodbye all.

See yiz around the place...I'll be on the 2+ 2 site!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

1. PokerEvents-Ste, please ask Fintan to read through this thread. His input would be very much appreciated.

2. PokerEvents-Ste, You have still yet to reply to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52572840&postcount=74 this thread. Please do so.

3. People have said that if you don't like it, don't deal for them. Myself, bohsman, aodea, and numerous others have taken this step. I, and the others, have openly stated that we will not work for this company again. However, the purpose of my posting this topic was not to improve working conditions for myself at PE. I want PE to ab accountable for the manner with which the deal with their staff. I believe it is unacceptable. I believe highlighting their actions on a public forum informs players and dealers alike as to whether or not they wish to participate in PE events in the future.

4. PokerEvents-Ste, you have suggested that people use the forum on pokerevents.ie. I will not do this as this forum reaches a much wider audience and I feel it has a greater impact here than on your forum. Equally, you have the ability to censor any posts I make on your forum.

5. PokerEvents-Ste, please could you detail some of the measures PE intend to use to provide adequate working conditions for staff at the IPC, the purpose of this would be to educate the dealers on this forum as to what to expect from you this weekend. Equally, it will serve to inform players of how dealers will be treated this weekend.

6. PokerEvents-Ste, can you ask Fintan if he expects his dealing staff to double as barmen once more this weekend? I hope by my mentioning this PE will make a special effort to prevent this from happening.

7. Best of luck with the event this weekend. I hope it runs smoothly and there are no problems. I would be delighted if there are no complaints from dealers or players following the weekend. I hope there is nothing but positive feedback. If that is the case this thread has been successful in part in my opinion as it will hold PE to a higher standard.

Regards,

Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I can testify that Manus has nothing to do with PE except the fact that he contributes a lot of money in side games. That is one crispy Duck. In all honesty Manus Tom isn't having a go at you just pointing something out. I must have missed some of the more contentious posts here nut it looks like yet another "Mayo" player has aimed a blow at Fintan. Looks like we might have three vacancies now... Unless Brian and Fintan kiss and make up. I think Manus does have a valid point though - There are a lot of PE bashers on here. Or Perhaps that should be Fintan bashers. Perhaps it's worth seperating the two out... As the OP did point to an alleged phone conversation where allegedly abuse and threats and yada yada yada... and I think this has coloured many responses on here.

I've already said I'd like to see a dealer's charter drawn up... What I'd also like to see is more of a positive attitude that will actually repair damage and move things forward. Because the feeling I get from a lot of posters on here [and a few players who don't] is that they'd rub their hands with glee if PE were to fold tomorrow... and I think that's rather sad.

Without PE would there be a GJP or VN? Maybe, maybe not... but I'm sure that both GJP and VN and other companies have learned things via the pioneering efforts of PE. Both what to do and what not to do.

So lets resist the negatives - get some answers and treat everyone how we would wish to be treated ourselves.

Also good luck to everyone who's playing this weekend - I can't as my son is 18 and my knackers would be in a vice if I played poker instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

TheDuck32 wrote:
    Thank you, got to go and play the sat in the westwood now. I am sure I'll see most of you at the IPC

Hee hee, you haven't lost that sharp wit in the time you've been away from poker and lazing in front of a computer....Thats for sure....

Believe it or not you are not the only one here who does not dislike P.E. Donal is running the show at the IPC and he is one of the best TD's in the business and a good friend. Lots of other friends deal for and support PE and I value all of their opinions and want to see events run where players can better themselves and go abroad to kick ass using the experience they have gained here.

I am very tempted to tell my story of my severance package from PE but I won't as theres nothing to be gained from it.

Very entertaining thread.

Fair play to Ditpoker. The thread served its purpose I think and you spent a lot of your time to make sure that working conditions will be good in the Citywest.

This thread has less then 4 hours to live by my watch. Just giving everyone fair notice.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

DeVore wrote:
    This thread has less then 4 hours to live by my watch. Just giving everyone fair notice.

DeV.

With all due respect, why would the thread only have a life of four hours?

Surely once it remains within the boundaries of site policy and is contained by the moderators then to close it would be completely unnecessary.

Not havign a go or anything just confused as to the point of such a step ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

ianmc38 wrote:
    Lol. Brilliant.

I saw it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Hammertime wrote:
    With all due respect, why would the thread only have a life of four hours?

Surely once it remains within the boundaries of site policy and is contained by the moderators then to close it would be completely unnecessary.

Not havign a go or anything just confused as to the point of such a step ?
    nomcd.jpg
    Once on boards, people said nasty things about a certain music festival. A certain concert promoter sued boards, the admins panicked and under legal advice banned discussion of events organised by the said promoter.

Now people are saying nasty things about PokerEvents. Maybe DeV thinks PokerEvents might threaten boards in the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

ah I see, fair enough.

would be some can of worms if they did sue !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

TheDuck32 wrote:

......on a public forum where people discuss issues relating to poker in Ireland. Poker companies are free to advertise but have to take 'warranted' criticism as part of the package. A right of reply is afforded them.

This is not a blog where you can berate/mimic/slag all those you dislike where they have no comeback at all.

Pot ...this is kettle.

PS Before you accuse me of anti-PE bias Manus, I have discussed this thread with Fintan, and have asked him to come on here. The first time Fintan was criticised on 'Boards' he changed the structure and rules at PE events and they have gone on to be some of the best in Ireland.

• Advertisement

carfax wrote:
    Fair play to Ditpoker. The thread served its purpose I think and you spent a lot of your time to make sure that working conditions will be good in the Citywest.

First of all this thread has served no purpose as the working conditions for dealers for the IPC were in the planing back in November. Not yet have we needed to reconsider changing the plans. This is fact. The only purpose this thread has served is to blacken the name of PokerEvents.

Their are many people on this forum who dislike PokerEvents and have greviences with PokerEvents. These people will use any excuse to attack, bash PokerEvents. This is why I am not will to disclose details of PokerEvents internal operations.

PokerEvents have made errors in the past but as a company PokerEvents learning from these and are willing to make the appropriate changes for these not to happen in future.

This thread was started by a past dealer of PokerEvents is respected by PokerEvents and is a good dealer. The information which he receive is third party and incorrect.

Regarding the origional post:

1. PokerEvents did not threaten dealers that they would not be able to work the IPC

2. There will be no need for a call out fee as hours will be distributed as fairly as possible

3. The dealers working the IPC will have agreed terms before the IPC

As regards Fintan he does not post on boards any more. If you wish to contact him relating to PokerEvents issues you can email him at info@pokerevents.ie. If you wish to contact him in public you may do so on PokerEvents Forum. Posts will not be edited or tampered with as long as they remain with in the rules.

Jeff I believe your intentions were good but if you had contacted PokerEvents before posting this thread in public, you would have found that this post was never necessary. You have portrayed PokerEvents in a bad light and it was unwarented.

I hope that all readers of boards (not specifically the posters) realise that some people who post on boards dislike PokerEvents and jump at any chance they get to bad mouth us, others have alterior motives.

PokerEvents were the first company to set up and run tournaments outside of the casinos in Ireland on a regular basis. PokerEvents have set allot of the standards which are upheld by most poker organisers. PokerEvents have made errors along the way but have learned from these to provide excellent tournaments with good structures! Transperent prizepools. PokerEvents are commited to continue to improve, and give poker in Ireland a better name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement