Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can PokerEvents please reply to this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TheDuck32

DeVore wrote:
    I dislike people who should disclose pertinent information not doing so. Its a character flaw.

DeV.

I assume this is directed towards me, but as i haven't worked for pokerevents for just over 7 months, I am a little confused as to what you are refering

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

TheDuck32 wrote:
    Dealt for them for a couple of weeks a few years ago. Nothing but pleasent memories. But apparently after I finished up with them, there were numerous changes in management and things just went from bad to worse.
    I hear things are tipping along nicely for them again now, can't imagine why.

Manus, thats not actually the complete truth. Amusing as it may be to the people in the know its misleading to people reading this who do not know your connection to Poker Events.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    Amusing as it may be to the people in the know its misleading to people reading this who do not know your connection to Poker Events.

DeV.
    Either of you care to enlighten the rest of us?

Interesting, I don't remember working for Pokerevents in anyway since the IPT in June. But if you can tell me of any occasion that I did I would be very greatful, as I will immediately bill Fintan for the work.

DeVore wrote:
    Manus, thats not actually the complete truth. Amusing as it may be to the people in the know its misleading to people reading this who do not know your connection to Poker Events.

DeV.

Now be fair,
    you made you comment about me before I said that obvious crock of crap about me being a dealer. Which was directed at Carfax in response to his "enquiry" about my experience working with PE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

bohsman wrote:
    Thankfully I never actually worked for them, I was hired to work for them but refused to go when I found out what was going on.

Thankfully I've never worked for them neither, nor any of the outfits out there. I did work for myself on christmas day and found my dealing to be quite substandard. I dropped the river card (TWICE) into the custard, and despite instant cleaning , everyone knew that the 10 of spades and the A of diamonds had custard yalla on it. So some all ins were not called due to custardcard awareness. (no way was I getting out my spare spice girl cards...not in company anyway)

We played on and Uncle Christy used the custard stains to his advantage on serveral occasions, until we got heads up..he knocked out Aunty Mary by holding his fingers over a two of diamonds in the exact spot where one might expect to find a custard stain. Naturally she put him on the A and called , only for him to show a set of 2s..Bastrd. I got him however by dabbing some other cards with secretly stashed custard (if ya live by the sword) So I won again for the 4th year running. My prize was a bottle of Glenfieldich (you spell it then) and all was good.

SO you dealers, you should rejoice in your god given talent to be able to deal so skilfully instead of moaning and groaning about ooohh killed oooh. Although this thread was worth it to view the Homer eating popcorn picture...I laughed stuff into my nose...LOL. Ye are evil some of ye, the rest are just bad.

Gl to youse boyz in the main event...think I'll dip in the riches of the drunken sit and gos instead..made a fortune last year.

Also if I have to detail my connection with PE in order to take part in this discussion, then surely anyone connected with other poker promotion companies should make themselves known before they are allowed criticise another persons business practises

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

ditpoker wrote:
    ditpoker, DiTTAG, boba_fett, RoundTower, bohsman... thats five people who have dealt for you who have asked questions. Also, how many delaers should ask you before you will go into detail? Three?? six?? Ten??? surely one is enough? if not the 5 who have asked!

well you can add me to that list too...I'm not very vocal on it cause I think its hardly worth the effort for the, what I reckon, 100 euro or so that I'm owed.

I worked for poker events in their first 2 events in the red cow, and after the first one when I voiced a complaint about it and told them that I wouldn't work for them again unless things changed, they then phoned me and told me that they had changed and so I worked for them again. And nothing changed. So I didn't work for them again.

I'm sure you can also add TrickyD and Kimba to that list too.

Nic Ryan
    --Fitzwilliam poker dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

TheDuck32 wrote:
    Also if I have to detail my connection with PE in order to take part in this discussion, then surely anyone connected with othere poker promotion companies should make themselves known before they are allowed criticise another persons business practises

And they do. Feel free to out anyone you know is involved and posting/ question anyone you think may be involved elsewhere.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    And they do. Feel free to out anyone you know is involved and posting/ question anyone you think may be involved elsewhere.

Really, show me the post in this thread where anyone has mentioned their connection with an other poker company

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

TheDuck32 wrote:
    Also if I have to detail my connection with PE in order to take part in this discussion, then surely anyone connected with other poker promotion companies should make themselves known before they are allowed criticise another persons business practises
    Already anyone connected with the Fitz has had that pointed out. Yes you are correct, anyone who has a connection to an interested party on a thread must disclose it. My position on "shilling" is abundantly clear I thought :)

DeV.

ntlbell wrote:
    It's real easy.
    For players and dealers it's very easy to pick where you play and where you work.

deleted for liable reasons.

5starpool wrote:
    If this thread is to exist for long then it needs to be kept civil and respect the charter.
    lafortezza wrote:
    Zero tolerance for dickheadery from this post onwards. No insults, no threats.
    Solksjaer wrote:
    Thankfully I've never worked for them neither, nor any of the outfits out there. I did work for myself on christmas day and found my dealing to be quite substandard. I dropped the river card (TWICE) into the custard, and despite instant cleaning , everyone knew that the 10 of spades and the A of diamonds had custard yalla on it. So some all ins were not called due to custardcard awareness. (no way was I getting out my spare spice girl cards...not in company anyway)

We played on and Uncle Christy used the custard stains to his advantage on serveral occasions, until we got heads up..he knocked out Aunty Mary by holding his fingers over a two of diamonds in the exact spot where one might expect to find a custard stain. Naturally she put him on the A and called , only for him to show a set of 2s..Bastrd. I got him however by dabbing some other cards with secretly stashed custard (if ya live by the sword) So I won again for the 4th year running. My prize was a bottle of Glenfieldich (you spell it then) and all was good.

SO you dealers, you should rejoice in your god given talent to be able to deal so skilfully instead of moaning and groaning about ooohh killed oooh. Although this thread was worth it to view the Homer eating popcorn picture...I laughed stuff into my nose...LOL. Ye are evil some of ye, the rest are just bad.

Gl to youse boyz in the main event...think I'll dip in the riches of the drunken sit and gos instead..made a fortune last year.
    ntlbell wrote:
    Fintan Gavin - Obnoxious arrogant ignorant idiot. I've seen it all from this guy from drunken slurs to being abusive and aggressive with staff and players.
    Solkjaer can you keep your attempts at being funny to a minimum in this thread, ntl banned for a couple of days, pm on the way.

DeVore wrote:
    Already anyone connected with the Fitz has had that pointed out. Yes you are correct, anyone who has a connection to an interested party on a thread must disclose it. My position on "shilling" is abundantly clear I thought :)

DeV.

And are you aware of anyone posting on this thread that has not disclosed their interests?

Also, I would like to point out that I, like many others here it would seem, am simply an ex employee of poker events.
    I simply don't hate PE, which seem to set me apart, but I don't see why this should single me out as someone with a hidden agenda or special interest.

my attempts at being funny also do have a point if you read them Laflesstessa. One of my aims is to defuse a smouldering thread. Perhaps the mods really should be doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

TheDuck32 wrote:
    Really, show me the post in this thread where anyone has mentioned their connection with an other poker company

A few people that are employed by the Fitz disclosed this including myself, afaik nobody from other poker companies posted on this thread, also people like carfax, jppoker, neilBigSlick, vnNick, DeV and Shortstack are known by the vast majority of posters to work for company x. They dont need to announce it on every thread, although if asked should certainly disclose it, as you were asked to do, similarly if you think someone else is a shill bring it up.

Solksjaer wrote:
    my attempts at being funny also do have a point if you read them Laflesstessa. One of my aims is to defuse a smouldering thread. Perhaps the mods really should be doing that.
    When it happens they will. Back on topic everyone please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭PokerEvents-Ste

ntlbell wrote:
    <snip -- DeV.>
    I have no agenda, I don't work in the industry, I've never worked for PE or any of their competitors it's just what I see.

For players and dealers it's very easy to pick where you play and where you work.

Hello nhtbell,

This is a personal attack and should not have been posted in a public forum where you know the person is not here to defend himself.

If you wish to further in this public please do so on a forum which the person in question can at least defend himself.

I assume the moderators will take the necessary action regarding this post

Regards

Stephen

Manus, my understanding is that you were at a management level in PE. Please correct me if I am mistaken about that.

Coming here and saying "Same old faces, same rusty knifes. Let it go and move on, it's getting kinda sad." while pretending to be Joe Blogs while actually being ex-management, is called "Shilling" and you will find that it is actively combatted on every single forum we have here. I think everyone is aware of everyone elses interests (even carfax has been clear on that) and if Luke Ivory or Mike Lacey were to come on and try that you'd find I would be just as fast to out them.

Its far from the first time I've done it and I'm sure it wont be the last.

DeV.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    A few people that are employed by the Fitz disclosed this including myself, afaik nobody from other poker companies posted on this thread, also people like carfax, jppoker, neilBigSlick, vnNick, DeV and Shortstack are known by the vast majority of posters to work for company x. They dont need to announce it on every thread, although if asked should certainly disclose it, as you were asked to do, similarly if you think someone else is a shill bring it up.

Hang on a cotton picking minute there. I was given out to about the fact that people who weren't "in the Know" wouldn't be aware of my past connection to PE, Fine.
    But now on this serious topic its ok for us to assume that everyone reading it knows all the other poker promoters on the site.
    It must be nice to be famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

TheDuck32 wrote:

90% of people that post here regularly no where every1 is connected to
    poker wise as its been mad clear..
    very little people realised you were ex-PE management.

Mick Locke
    Poker Dealer
    Fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Hello nhtbell,

This is a personal attack and should not have been posted in a public forum where you know the person is not here to defend himself.

If you wish to further in this public please do so on a forum which the person in question can at least defend himself.

I assume the moderators will take the necessary action regarding this post

Regards

Stephen
    Stephen, can you please address http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52572840&postcount=74 this post. Thank you.

DeVore wrote:
    Manus, my understanding is that you were at a management level in PE. Please correct me if I am mistaken about that.

Coming here and saying "Same old faces, same rusty knifes. Let it go and move on, it's getting kinda sad." while pretending to be Joe Blogs while actually being ex-management, is called "Shilling" and you will find that it is actively combatted on every single forum we have here. I think everyone is aware of everyone elses interests (even carfax has been clear on that) and if Luke Ivory or Mike Lacey were to come on and try that you'd find I would be just as fast to out them.

Its far from the first time I've done it and I'm sure it wont be the last.

DeV.
    for the last time. I DON'T WORK IN THE POKER INDUSTRY AND HAVEN'T FOR SOME TIME.

Shilling insinuates that i have something to gain.
    WHAT? please tell me.

If this is simply a case that my opinion differs from that of the majority of people posting on this thread then fine, i'll stop posting. I didn't realise thats the way things worked in here, but don't worry I will try not to express an opinion again.

Back on topic and back to civility please.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

ntlbell wrote:

<snip>

I see this as an expression of an opinion based on observation? Would I be banned if I expressed an opinion on an individuals ability to play poker based on my observations of same at a poker table? :confused:

Sorry Manus, I only wanted clarity because you appeared to be passing yourself off as a member of the public when you arent. What your connection to PE is currently is none of my business nor anyone elses. What I'm trying to promote is a sense of, dare I use the word, transparency.

As I said, I have done this before, will do it in the future. Its not victimisation its site policy. You dont see the deletions of abusive attacks on PE we are deleting before they get read so perhaps it seems like we are taking sides. I assure you we aren't.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Brayruit

My 2 cents:

I like PE and I like Fintan. PE provide well run events with usually competent dealers at reasonable prices. Fintan is an entrepreneur who is making a business providing a service at a reasonable price that many people enjoy and some people even profit from.

There has been a fair bit of bitching about some things they have done which is sometimes justified but not (imo) always. In any case, they seem to always respond as they see fit, and do seem to remember who the customer is.

The personal attacks are surprisingly vitriolic, probably unjustified and hardly appropriate.

The case being made by the dealers may well be justified, and if so I hope it will be resolved. I don't think that this was the way to get it done though.

(btw I have no link to PE or any other poker company)

I see this as an expression of an opinion based on observation? Would I be banned if I expressed an opinion on an individuals ability to play poker based on my observations of same at a poker table? :confused:
    If you are abusive in doing so, yes.

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    Back on topic and back to civility please.

DeV.
    You accussed me of Shilling when i have nothing to gain. Also I have been insulted by another poster ,(which has now but edited but i am sure you saw it)
    And the above is a suitable response by you?

Nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement