Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Guys = Gay?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

A lot of the guys i work with are nice. Does that mean I'll
    have to keep my back to the wall from now on?

Should i only work with assholes? (No pun intended)

What a load of cobblers. She's obviously daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I don't know why love stories are considered for girls only, The Notebook is one of my favourite films, I'm a romantic, so what?:cool:
    Exactly ... people are what they are ... some are sound, some are prats ... got nothing to do with what their sexual preference is, where they're from, colour of skin, etc., etc.

That's exactly it right there:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ask Sleepys housemate. True romance ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

This rumour that all guys who are nice are gay, is put about by a55hole men, who're too lazy and pig f'cking ignorant to be nice to anyone. Then women believe that crap and gravitate towards the bollocki (plural). If women go for those guys because they're definately straight and nice guys must be gay, they deserve the twat they get, because they're stupid.
    That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Originally Posted by rediguana
    No, it's not an ad. I used to be an extra but my membership expired about six months ago. It still works though. I can get it up here...
    Originally Posted by Wertz
    I bet you tell all the boys that...
    I could see that coming ...

I bet he tells all the boys that, too.

What? There's a topic?

OP's friend is a moronic airhead, who will inevitably end up with a violent crackhead, who will force her to go on the game. And it'll serve her right.

Just how stupid and shallow are Irish women anyway? All youse seem to want is sleazy assholes with a bad line in dodgy car-salesman plamás and large wallets. Sometimes I think youse do it deliberately just so youse have something to bitch and moan about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Dalfiatach wrote:
    I bet he tells all the boys that, too.

What? There's a topic?

OP's friend is a moronic airhead, who will inevitably end up with a violent crackhead, who will force her to go on the game. And it'll serve her right.

Just how stupid and shallow are Irish women anyway? All youse seem to want is sleazy assholes with a bad line in dodgy car-salesman plamás and large wallets. Sometimes I think youse do it deliberately just so youse have something to bitch and moan about.

ah now don't be like that. Personally, I am looking for a man earning about the same as I do, (I'm a very jealous person :D ), working in any job (men in suits are good, men in uniform are extra good). I broke up with someone a few months ago and I am holding out for Mr right now - all he needs is a brain, to be honest and to be good in bed...... I wonder how much more I will need to wait... I might need to lower my expectations soon!!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

ah now don't be like that. Personally, I am looking for a man earning about the same as I do, (I'm a very jealous person :D ), working in any job (men in suits are good, men in uniform are extra good). I broke up with someone a few months ago and I am holding out for Mr right now - all he needs is a brain, to be honest and to be good in bed...... I wonder how much more I will need to wait... I might need to lower my expectations soon!!!! :D:D

Bitter, me? Nah, just...resigned. Irish women are fierce loonies altogether (sweeping generalisation I know, but....) Youse want a load of superficialities from your men, and often contradictory superficialities at that, all at the same time. Throwing insane strops over nothing at all is considered normal and permissable and to be expected. Changing your mind 37 times a second is considered decisive. Lunatic raving jealous rages and psychotic bitch-fests about other random women are all in a days work. Random imperious decrees and prohibitions can be made up on the spot and then selectively enforced according to arcane rules having something to do with the phase of the moon and kittens. Nothing Irish women say (when talking to a man) actually means what a good English dictionary would lead you to believe it means. It always means something completely different, usually unrelated to the actual content or linguistic context of the sentence, and is generally some sort of "test" to "catch you out" in some incomprehensible Wrong.

And then you wonder why Irish men need to get down the pub for a few pints with the lads at least once a week. It's to let our brains cool down after listening to you lot banging on about stuff that just doesn't make any sense, and to get the chance to talk to rational adults for a few hours, talking about topics where words mean what they say on the tin, and where the person you are talking to is unlikely to suddenly start acting extremely weird for no rational reason.

I've worked in quite a few countries down the years, and Irish women are second only to Americans in the "neurotic bag of issues" stakes.

IMNSHO, YMMV, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

il gatto wrote:
    This rumour that all guys who are nice are gay, is put about by a55hole men, who're too lazy and pig f'cking ignorant to be nice to anyone.

That's a bit harsh. I've been an pig ignorant a55hole for many years now but I've never tried to perpetuate the rumour that all nice guys are homo's.

In fact I find it offensive that would spread a rumour like that about the a55hole community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Eine halbe tasse staubzucker.
    Ein viertel teelvffel salz.Eine messerspitze turkisches haschisch.
    Ein halbes pfund butter. Ein teelvffel vanillenzucker. Ein halbes pfund mehl.
    Einhundertfunfzig gramm gemahlene nusse. Ein wenig echter staubzucker
    ... und keine eier.

PM what the result of this recipe is. I must consume immediately.

~_~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Em..maybe she didn't think you were gay because you're nice, maybe it's cos you acted gay. I hate straight guys who act so camp...you're either gay or you're not :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

cormie wrote:
    I don't know why love stories are considered for girls only, The Notebook is one of my favourite films, I'm a romantic, so what?:cool:

You must be gay!! :p :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

my friend went around in club one night asking randomers if they assumed i was gay, the answer was a resounding yes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Gnome wrote:
    PM what the result of this recipe is. I must consume immediately.

~_~
    I like to bake.
    ^_^

Also, it is a tool song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I like to bake.
    ^_^

Also, it is a tool song.

I hate that song. and tool are overrated. There I said it.

But...you didn't mean it. You...couldn't mean it...und keine eier...
    You're overrated!
    (Actually, you seem ok, with an accurate rating.)

But...you didn't mean it. You...couldn't mean it...und keine eier...
    You're overrated!
    (Actually, you seem ok, with an accurate rating.)

I just find tool a bit too up their own ass sometimes. "hey guys, lets get a innocuous piece of german language, and then put eery music and cheering behind it to make it sound like a hitler speech. It'll be a great statement about....something."

Sorry. Some of their stuff is good, some isn't.

Oh and OT, i'm not gay and I'm not very nice. So there, that helps you OP doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

over the years I have been called 'gay' or '****' for the following reasons.

- Reading a broadsheet instead of a tabloid
    - Calling Loaded and other such magazines crap
    - For having long hair
    - For liking 'weird' music
    - For preferring public transport to driving a car
    - For reading a book on the DART
    - For liking subtitled movies
    - For being concerned about environmental issues
    etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

nlgbbbblth wrote:

- For having long hair
    etc

Fag

nlgbbbblth wrote:

- For having long hair
    etc

I've done all them in my time and no-ones ever called me gay. As such I reckon they are not the reason and instead you just inherintly 'give off' gayness.

nlgbbbblth wrote:

- For having long hair
    etc

Sh|t I must be as gay as christmas so.
    What to shag??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I just find tool a bit too up their own ass sometimes. "hey guys, lets get a innocuous piece of german language, and then put eery music and cheering behind it to make it sound like a hitler speech. It'll be a great statement about....something."

Oh and OT, i'm not gay and I'm not very nice. So there, that helps you OP doesn't it?

Seconded!!

Also, wtf is this topic? Gays can be assh*les too. You think a persons character is caused by their attraction to whatever sex? Don't be so ridiculous.

It's stupid shallow mindedness like that that starts prejudice and stereotypes about anything!

E.g.

- He'd wearing a nike hoodie, he's guna rob an old lady
    - She's wearing a mini skirt, she puts out
    - He listens to rock music, he's a stoner drop out.
    - He's a romantic guy, he obv loves the c*ck

Your friend sounds like a moron.

Dalfiatach wrote:
    It always means something completely different, usually unrelated to the actual content or linguistic context of the sentence, and is generally some sort of "test" to "catch you out" in some incomprehensible Wrong.

And then you wonder why Irish men need to get down the pub for a few pints with the lads at least once a week. It's to let our brains cool down after listening to you lot banging on about stuff that just doesn't make any sense,

IMNSHO, YMMV, etc.

A guy at work is going out with someone - before I found this out, he was doing everything he could to get into my knickers - I found out (that he had a gf) & mentioned that I knew, I didn't even get too bothered about it - and he's still looking for a bit of action. He's a cheeky so and so! Another guy at work does the exact same thing - i.e. Cheats on his girlfriend all the time.
    No wonder us girls are paranoid about you lot! You have a brain in your head and your have a brain in your penis.
    I think it's a bit much of you to say that we're a plotting lot trying to catch you all out and we make no sense...
    What do women bang on about exactly that doesn't make any sense to you. Often men only understand football. They often bang on about it and it makes no sense to me!

I've forgotten what this thread is about now but just a quick reply on your "women, and in particular Irish women, are a bunch of twisted cows" practically, comment.
    ;)

what do your abbreviation mean btw?

Oh come on, don't tar us all with the football brush, if you are going to argue against a stereotype don't use another one!!! Please??

Oh come on, don't tar us all with the football brush, if you are going to argue against a stereotype don't use another one!!! Please??

b2b wrote:
    OFTEN men - not all men *please note* *mind you, almost all*

:p

Songs are whatever you want them to be.

A)It sounds kind of ridiculous because it is in German, but once you understand what he wrote it's quite funny. The majority of people listening to this song are going to hear a passionate German speaker and an enraptured, cheering crowd, which they will automatically associate to Hitler his many public speeches. The lyrics, however, are nothing but a recipe for a dessert called "The Balls (Eggs) of Satan." Throughout the speech Maynard is heard saying the phrase, "Und keine eier." Which means, "And no eggs." This is where it gets confusing. Eggs actually represent the Jewish people. Eggs are an essential baking ingredient because they give the food it's fulness and texture. Historically, the Jews are known to do the same for any culture they integrated themselves into. Without eggs, a recipe is flat, and without Jews, a culture is flat. In the end it is a political statement, knocking Nazism (comparing Hitler's Jewless nation to the Balls of Satan - a recipe which fails without eggs), and a thumb at Americans, who will immediately associate a German speaker to Hitler, even without knowing the text.
    Or
    B)This song is just a recipe for hash sugar cookies without eggs. The whole thing about it being in German and the chanting is just to screw with you. Most people only recognize 2 words in the title: die and satan.
    Or
    C) It just sounds good.

It's the fans that I can't deal with, a lot think Tool are gods or something.
    Maynard: Think for yourself.
    Fans: Yes sir, Maynard, sir.
    It just sounds cool, that's why I like it. They have a lot better.
    I wouldn't judge a band on a perceived opinion of them though, which you appear to be doing. On all accounts, it just seems the a lot fans are up their own ass.
    - For having long hair
    etc
    I am guilty of all these things yet am not called gay, I think you just have the 'scent'.

I didn't judge by perceived notions, I listened to about four records and decided they were overrated. But you are entitled to like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

I'm gay, very gay, totally gay.

I dress fabulously, I'm so good looking women weep when they find out I'm a fudge packer. I'm very so polite and modest.

keynesian wrote:
    I'm gay, very gay, totally gay.

I dress fabulously, I'm so good looking women weep when they find out I'm a fudge packer. I'm very so polite and modest.

Your middle name must modesty, yeah. :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Cake Fiend wrote:
    You haven't figured out yet that most people are morons?
    roflmao

• Advertisement

keynesian wrote:
    I dress fabulously, I'm so good looking women weep when they find out I'm a fudge packer.

Wow! You've even job with stuff worth nicking?

You sound dreamy.

Advertisement