Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Guys = Gay?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Don't fret too hard over that, OP.
    Somewhere, somehow, some gal is gonna think you're an a$$hole. It's inevitable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Marts wrote:
    under 18 stone... yes
    under 18 women... I wish
    under 18 wheeler... no
    under 18 years... no
    :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Marts wrote:
    under 18 wheeler... no
    That Lego set working out alright yeh?

Some people get affection, attraction and geniality mixed up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ferdi wrote:
    somethimes i wish i was gay...
    ferdi wrote:
    nah, i could get some nasty cock action.

So just go bi and have the best of both worlds .... except then you'll get called a greedy bastard! :D

Seriously, OP, don't take any notice of this kind of sh*te ...

Sparky-s wrote:
    **** yeah.

There is always a back door. :)

Ahem!

/cups hands to mouth

FERDI!!!!!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 fulofh20

I know the nice guy approach from straight guys.
    I also know hardmen skinhead types who are gay.
    They are still part of the male sex so stereotypes for gays tend to give impression of nice guys but that's because of society. Society is not letting people be who they are inside and as a result so many identity crisis from this.
    Your friend is just making statement he hasn't thought much into.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I find it amusing that she thinks gay guys are nice!

Biggest bunch of bitchy queens EVER... I should know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah the oul you must be gay mentality:rolleyes:

I've also had the "I thought you looked like an asshole before I started talking to you" responses!

so you could say I swing both ways:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm nice, go on, admit it and have been described as the 'non-gayest' person in the world by more that one person.
    You see it's not just being nice that makes you gay, it is also how your hold yourself, your voice and of course your clothes, nothing esle.
    There her theory debunked.
    Quod erat demonstrandum.

I'm nice, go on, admit it and have been described as the 'non-gayest' person in the world by more that one person.
    You see it's not just being nice that makes you gay, it is also how your hold yourself, your voice and of course your clothes, nothing esle.
    Quod erat demonstrandum.

Agreed. Being nice isn't a criteria for being gay.
    My ex's brother was gay and he was a prat to be perfectly honestly, nothing much nice about him at all really! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

ah no, not all nice men are gay, sometimes though, they may have a "quality" that you just cant put your finger on. Like in Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Your boyfriend suspected though :D

Seriously, your friend is a moron OP.
    :D:D:D

you are attractive but I wouldn't go as far as to say you attractive enough to mistaken as gay but you do seem nice enough
    In fairness your probably over nice in real life

I often am wary of overly nice attractive guys for the same reason as your mate though

Thank you. That's actually pretty nice of you to say.

I've often been asked if I was gay, its gotten to a point where I just take it in my stride- I'm the way I am because I generally don't care what people think (most of the time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

A lot of people think I'm gay too (I'm not). It's a compliment, in a way. Maybe try to temper your personality with a few manly things, such as whiskey drinking, football, brashness etc.

Strike that magic balance and - bingo! - the ladies will be all over you like Brian Kennedy over Ronan Keating.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

azezil wrote:
    I find it amusing that she thinks gay guys are nice!

Biggest bunch of bitchy queens EVER... I should know ;)

Took the words right out of my mouth ;)

rediguana wrote:

Webpage dont work for me. Is that an advertisement, no?

No, it's not an ad. I used to be an extra but my membership expired about six months ago. It still works though. I can get it up here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

rediguana wrote:
    ...but my membership expired about six months ago. It still works though. I can get it up here...

I bet you tell all the boys that...

rediguana wrote:
    No, it's not an ad. I used to be an extra but my membership expired about six months ago. It still works though. I can get it up here...
    Wertz wrote:
    I bet you tell all the boys that...
    I could see that coming ...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got asked recently was I gay by a new flatmate because I have Before Sunrise on DVD. The same week I was asked by another girl was I gay when I didn't take the opportunity to kiss her, thought that was pretty funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Sleepy wrote:
    I was asked by another girl was I gay when I didn't take the opportunity to kiss her, thought that was pretty funny!
    jesus, that chick must have been up herself!

I hope your reply was along the lines of "i dont do monsters"?

Agreed. Being nice isn't a criteria for being gay.
    My ex's brother was gay and he was a prat to be perfectly honestly, nothing much nice about him at all really! :p

Exactly ... people are what they are ... some are sound, some are prats ... got nothing to do with what their sexual preference is, where they're from, colour of skin, etc., etc.

Those who think it does ARE the prats!!

I was in college with a guy who was gay and black ... he was convinced that everyone around him was racist and homophobic! What he never copped, despite everyone trying to get it through his head, was that he had such a chip on his shoulder, and was so aggressive and hostile towards everyone, that no-one wanted to spend time around him. We did genuinely try, but eventually gave it up as a waste of time.

Exactly ... people are what they are ... some are sound, some are prats ... got nothing to do with what their sexual preference is, where they're from, colour of skin, etc., etc.

I was in college with a guy who was gay and black ... he was convinced that everyone around him was racist and homophobic! What he never copped, despite everyone trying to get it through his head, was that he had such a chip on his shoulder, and was so aggressive and hostile towards everyone, that no-one wanted to spend time around him. We did genuinely try, but eventually gave it up as a waste of time.

ah poor guy. I hope he gets it sorted out in his own head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sounds like a film we were made watch in religion class all those years ago...In the end the black guy gets shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

ferdi wrote:
    jesus, that chick must have been up herself!

I hope your reply was along the lines of "i dont do monsters"?
    I would have preferred;

'Wait....you're a GIRL?'

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I couldn't be bothered reading all that previous wordage but i'm quite nice and not gay so there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion
    Quod erat demonstrandum.

Yes, but Tar, you radiate SEXY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Sleepy wrote:
    Got asked recently was I gay by a new flatmate because I have Before Sunrise on DVD.
    Eh, isn't that a heterosexual love story?

Anyway I'm bi and I'm not nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lust4Life wrote:
    Yes, but Tar, you radiate SEXY!
    I'm sure some gay people quantise sexy too.

It's not that it is a hetero love story, it is that it is a love story.

Advertisement