Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Guys = Gay?

Options
  • 15-12-2006 8:40pm

This is something that I have been thinking bout lately.

Through a discussion with a friend, she told me that when she first met me she thought I was gay - why? Because I am a nice guy that is good looking (not being vain or anything, I honestly don't think I am...) and because of this, I must be gay.

Has it gotten to a point where guys are expected to be assholes? Otherwise, to be nice thus labels a guy as being gay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You haven't figured out yet that most people are morons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

^+1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Cake Fiend wrote:
    most people are morons?
    qft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cake Fiend wrote:
    You haven't figured out yet that most people are morons?

+3

I agree. Thankfully those that know me know I'm not so thats all that counts I guess.

+4!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

cool i didnt know i was gay :o :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cool i didnt know i was gay :o :rolleyes:
    Your boyfriend suspected though :D

Seriously, your friend is a moron OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

O.P., did she allow you an opportunity to prove your innocence of her allegation ??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I couldn't give a shíte if someone labelled me as gay for being a nice guy, I'm not going to change and start being an asshole to women just to avoid some dunces presuming I'm something that I'm not.
    Has it gotten to a point where guys are expected to be assholes?

Dunno but don't go pretending to be one, they're arseholes for a reason remember :)
    If women want assholes then when they get what they want, they can politely stfu if he cheats on her/abuses her/treats her like shíte, its not as though they weren't warned.

O.P., did she allow you an opportunity to prove your innocence of her allegation ??:)

.... Possibly ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

somethimes i wish i was gay...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

There are tons of "nice" men and women out there. Everyone has different personalities and attitudes. I have been mistaken to be gay myself a few times for the way I am and just because I'm generally a "nice " person, but tbh I'd find it hard to act the general asshole rather than be just who I am.
    There is no must be about it. Some of us prejudge before actually getting to know a person. The example is your friend OP. I suppose if some guy has a lisp, he must be gay. :)

I don't really think the term "nice" is a good description really. How about being a gentleman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

ferdi wrote:
    I see where you're coming from. Then, instead of watching girly soppy movies you could watch monster trucks and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

nah, i could get some nasty cock action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sparky-s wrote:
    I suppose if some guy has a lisp, he must be gay. :)

Well at least we are all clear about that!:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Nice guys != Gay

Guys who are attracted to guys = Gay

Your friend = Moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I'm all for gays, the more the merrier. Out of the gene pool, lads!

Wait. What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

ferdi wrote:
    Sometimes I wish you were gay...ahem.

I knew a guy who thought all nice guys were gay. The funny thing was he believed it against any evidence to the contrary. He was just convinced the majority of guys he knew were repressed homosexuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Are nice girls gay too?

I went out with a guy before that acted a bit gay sometimes.. he used to do gay impersonations and act a bit camp at times... used to freak me out a bit to be honest. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Latent homosexuality probably. Hope that helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Of course. But in reality, there are no such things as nice females - the're all bitches (even nice guys know that :D ) Seriously, I've been accused of being gay and what not (I don't fancy men/boys/etc) just because I don't shag the first woman I see - I'm picky :)
    Are nice girls gay too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

a/s/l @ nice girls.
    21 nice male here 4 u ;)

.. anyway.
    I would agree with the origional poster. For some reason a fair few lasses' seem to think that if a guy is nice etc. then he has to be gay. Its strange .. but alas, times do change. Tbh, if they are stupid enough to think your gay then they are too stupid for ya.... or something like that. I generally dont quite know what im talking about anymore as I'm sorta falling asleep. I dont even know why im posting this. If your still reading then fair play to you. But back on topic...

Of course. But in reality, there are no such things as nice females - the're all bitches (even nice guys know that :D ) Seriously, I've been accused of being gay and what not (I don't fancy men/boys/etc) just because I don't shag the first woman I see - I'm picky :)

egg/chicken!!! - The reason we are bitches is because you lot drive us to it being assholes!
    (hey, can you curse on this board and not get it turned into *****?
    Cool huh huh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

... dammit, no

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Fuck yeah.

There is always a back door. :)

Marts wrote:

... dammit, no

You mustn't have the same level of posting rights as I do....
    Are you under 18???? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

under 18 stone... yes
    under 18 women... I wish
    under 18 wheeler... no
    under 18 years... no

you are attractive but I wouldn't go as far as to say you attractive enough to mistaken as gay but you do seem nice enough
    In fairness your probably over nice in real life

I often am wary of overly nice attractive guys for the same reason as your mate though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Remember scoring a girl who decided to stop and remark how she thought I was gay when she first met me. What a great way to set the mood.

Although she didn't put out, obviously a gay and projecting it onto me.

Advertisement