Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pdc..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

also is it just single bets on bet fair?

can i not do doubles?trebles?accumulators?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054910815

hawker, this is a sticky written by an accredited Betfair tutor (for want of the right word). It may be of some help to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Mate it's easy.

If you have on-line banking open a betfair account. They will send you a letter.

Email Betfair say your new to this kinda stuff they will give you reference number then ring the bank setup a beneficiary and use use the reference number that betfair give ye.

After you send the fund's email Betfair and tell them how much you sent and what reference number you used. Dont give your account number or anything like that as online banking doesnt give them that kinda info.

Although the first time I sent them money it took over a week to get into my account :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Why dont you just set up an account now and deposit money from paypal?

You can only do accumalotrs on set leagues. i.e only a premiership one, championship, etc

You can do an accum with a premiership team, championship team and Seire A team for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

so i can do a accumulator using any number of premiership clubs or a mixture of different leagues in the one accumulator.

Why dont you just set up an account now and deposit money from paypal?

You can only do accumalotrs on set leagues. i.e only a premiership one, championship, etc

You can do an accum with a premiership team, championship team and Seire A team for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I use paypal to top up my betfair account as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

hawker27 wrote:
    so i can do a accumulator using any number of premiership clubs or a mixture of different leagues in the one accumulator.
    No, the accums are set out in advance by betfair, it's easier just to look at the site, there'll be plenty of acca's for the fa cup this weekend for example. Primarily however betfair is for single bets, the major advantage is being able to lay favs you don't fancy (again could be useful come 3rd round of the cup day).
    BTW I happened upon the racing post from this day last year (pre season golf tips, so I kept it) last night, the pdc darts odds for this year were in it:
    Ladbrokes went Taylor evs, Barney 6/1, Lewis 12/1
    The rest went Taylor 1/2 (or thereabouts), Lewis 8/9/10, Loyld 8/9/10, Barney 12 (high of 16 with skybet).
    Barney was also 11/8 to win the BDO which was starting the following weekend, but lost in the final to Klaasen. For my money this weeks fav - Van Gerwen should be taken on, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If you have a current account with your bank, you can get a laser / Maestro card, and you won't pay the fees associated with paypal.

I am looking forward to seeing Klaasen again. Don't think I will be taking him on. There is a school of thought that Barney was tested more in the BDO than he is currently being tested in the PDC. Apart from Taylor and Lloyd, who gave him a game since he joined the PDC?

Bateman wrote:
    I am looking forward to seeing Klaasen again. Don't think I will be taking him on. There is a school of thought that Barney was tested more in the BDO than he is currently being tested in the PDC. Apart from Taylor and Lloyd, who gave him a game since he joined the PDC?
    I have little or no darts knowledge, but i was thinking exactly the same when I was writing that earlier email - he was never a shoe in the BDO, and rarely started much below 2/1 (from memory).
    Is the BDO a better standard overall, do players get lazy over in PDC? Maybe when they move over they reckon that's it, they've got it made and as Taylor alluded they don't put in the work.
    Anyway, BDO tips anybody? Adams still a choker or is 6/1 a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

draw.gif

By looking at the draw, Van Gerwen looks like he could cruise to the semi's, but saying that i know little about him. I think his first real test would be a QF against Whitlock.

The other end of the draw, has the potential for Klaasen vs Adams in the second round, with the winner of that match coming up against (imo) the winner of Hankey/Robbe , the top quarter is definitely the hardest.

A bit a value could be found in the middle quarters, where the middle priced players are drawn. My two picks would be Dayrl Fitton and Mike Veitch.

Although my strategy would be backing in the hope of laying them back.

Although for a straight win bet, I think it could be Martin "Gerry Adams twin" Adams year, having lost out to barney in the 2005 final, and the semi's last year.

• Advertisement

Glenbhoy wrote:
    For my money this weeks fav - Van Gerwen should be taken on, any thoughts?

Yeah he is a class act.

Already beat Barney twice not so long ago.

I wouldn't say Simon Whitlock would have any problem's with Andy Fordham.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Gonna be taking on Van Gerwen as well, theres a big difference between winning tournaments in half empty halls in your own country and winning in a sweaty packed out Lakeside venue. He is most definitely a future champion in the making but i'm hoping he'll need this year to familiarise himself with his surroundings.

Klaasen can't be backed either after his poor year and Adams can't seem to hold his nerve for the big matches at the lakeside. This year is probably one of the most open championships in recent times and i'm gonna have a few speculative bets at biggish prices.

Of the favourites Gary Anderson represents the best value for me at 10/1. He won the BDO Gold Cup at the lakeside in July and is ranked Number 2 this year.

Of the outsiders Hankey(Supremely confident player and former champ), Greatbatch(Semi Finalist last year) and O Shea will be getting my money.

Verdict:
    20 Points win Anderson @10/1
    10 Points E/W Hankey @ 25/1
    5 Points E/W O'Shea @ 33/1
    5 Points E/W Greatbatch @28/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Interesting stuff Pighead, I am well accustomed to the glitz of the PDC but I am unacquainted with the BDO, will be watching with interest this year. :)

No point starting a thread for BDO.

No great odd's but at 4/11 I think It's money In the bag.

Last year these two met Simon won 3-0 Id say the score could be in around the same. I use to love Andy Fordham but he has just gone down hill.

€5,500 Simon Whitlock to beat Andy Fordham.

No point starting a thread for BDO.

No great odd's but at 4/11 I think It's money In the bag.

Last year these two met Simon won 3-0 Id say the score could be in around the same. I use to love Andy Fordham but he has just gone down hill.

€5,500 Simon Whitlock to beat Andy Fordham.
    That's a risky bet Joe, my main problem with it is that it's worth more to you than it is to Whitlock for him to win!! Good luck anyway.

Glenbhoy wrote:
    That's a risky bet Joe, my main problem with it is that it's worth more to you than it is to Whitlock for him to win!! Good luck anyway.

Cheer's bud.

Haven't put It on yet though. Dont know weather to or not. Andy must be about 35 stone will be sweating like a **** up there you might think that's stupid but last year he looked like he could hardly see the board. Simon Is 6/5 to win 3-0 I wouldn't touch that but show's what way the bookie's are going + most bookie's Simon is 1/3. Plus he is from Aus he aint going to want to be home this early and they dont call him the wizard for nothing. Andy was good for nothing last year and from what I know he has just got worse he did win It out 3 year's ago but since then nothing really from him.

Had three grand on West Brom so just stick another 500 to that, that will be my bet.

Well Jella belle Is gone 3-0.

Not sure but I think Im right that Stompe was great odd's I think about 8/1 could be wrong. Wonder what he would have been for 3-0

Stompe said the bookie's made It 3/10 that Jella would of beat him 3-0 wouldn't of been bad to have layed that for a few quid.

Stompe said the bookie's made It 3/10 that Jella would of beat him 3-0 wouldn't of been bad to have layed that for a few quid.
    Yeah, but it wasn't right - stompe was circa 5/2 and Klaasen was circa 1/3 to win the game. Don't know the set betting.

Oh thought he was 1/9. Must be the Gerwin fella.

• Advertisement

Well 2 of my 4 picks are gone including my main fancy Anderson, he easily outscored his opponent but was terrible on the doubles. The lad that beat him has been trying to qualify for 33 years and finally succeeded this year! Lovely story but I hate him!

O Shea was well beating by Adams who it must be said looked very impressive. Greatbatch and Hankey both qualified with Hankey in particular looking good. He's due to meet Adams in the quarters, winner of that will win it outright I reckon. Mervyn King also looks good and along with Adams has been looked the most impressive thus far

Van Gerwan plays now in a few mins, he should qualify alright but I fancy Robson to take a set off him. Can't find Robson +2.5 anywhere so I'll just watch and enjoy this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Theres Van Gerwan gone too...outscored, missed doubles - made some sweet out-shots but didnt perform at all...disapointed (plus lost a bit through in-running) - got him at 8/11 hoping he would raise his game during the tie-break but nope!!! :mad:

thewools wrote:
    Theres Van Gerwan gone too...outscored, missed doubles - made some sweet out-shots but didnt perform at all...disapointed (plus lost a bit through in-running) - got him at 8/11 hoping he would raise his game during the tie-break but nope!!! :mad:
    Yeah he only showed glimpses of what hes capable of. Robson played well and deserved the win. Van Gerwen was always underpriced to win it out. It'll be interesting to see if he's gonna defect to the PDC now.

Apparently he's said he's staying but I'd be inclined to take that with a pinch of salt. Good news for Whitlock as his side of the draw looks relatively easy now.

Pighead wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see if he's gonna defect to the PDC now.

Are you talking Gerwin? How can he join the PDC :confused: It's not a case of saying what the hell I'll join PDC doesn't the player have to earn the point's to join them. Barney just about joined the PDC he got In by one point or aomething because another player got beat..

I really fancy Simon tomorrow haven't put on the bet yet but think I will though.

Are you talking Gerwin? How can he join the PDC :confused: It's not a case of saying what the hell I'll join PDC doesn't the player have to earn the point's to join them. Barney just about joined the PDC he got In by one point or aomething because another player got beat..

I really fancy Simon tomorrow haven't put on the bet yet but think I will though.
    Nope, if Barry Hearn thinks you'll be a good draw and a crowd favourite he'll invite you to join the PDC. Barney was invited to join the PDC and he accepted, he didn't have to qualify or anything like that.

The fact Van Gerwen lost in the opening round will obviously make him a slightly less attractive proposition for Hearn, but he's shrewd enough to realise the kids gonna be a star in the future and will want him on board.

Hearns ultimate aim is to buy out the BDO and have one single organistation and with the BDO losing money on a yearly basis he may well get his wish.

Undoubtedly some players do have to earn points to qualify for tournaments, but as Pighead says, if Hearns thinks you'll be a draw then you'll be invited in. Barney was shunning his advances for years apparently, before finally deciding he's off. According to the racing post van gerwen was 20/1 (?) for next years pdc the other day.
    As we were saying earlier Joe, given the variety of winners in bdo, maybe it's got better strength in depth than the pdc?

Glenbhoy wrote:
    As we were saying earlier Joe, given the variety of winners in bdo, maybe it's got better strength in depth than the pdc?

I would agree with that, Adam's and the like would beat the like's of Ronny Baxter IMO.

Whitlock gone to 1/3 have to put six on now to win two :(

Fordhams pulled out of the Championships due to breathing problems. Whitlock will get a bye.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/darts/6242757.stm

In tonights match Phillips might be decent value at Evens to bt Hanvidge. According to the punterslounge, handvidge's mother died on Christmas day which may have had an effect on his preparation.

Pigheads not one for making profitable gain out of someone elses misery, but I didn't know her so fcuk it, i'm taking Phillips at Evens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Anybody know for sure that Michael Van Girwan is joining the PDC this year?

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:

In tonights match Phillips might be decent value at Evens to bt Hanvidge. According to the punterslounge, handvidge's mother died on Christmas day which may have had an effect on his preparation.

Pigheads not one for making profitable gain out of someone elses misery, but I didn't know her so fcuk it, i'm taking Phillips at Evens
    Hanvidge wins 3-2, I deserved that!. Didn't see the game but judging by the averages Phillips seemed to be unlucky having posted a better average than his opponent. I'm guessing those pesky doubles ruined his chances.

Advertisement