Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pdc..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

hawker27 wrote:
    lewis won 4-3 and was very lucky m8.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I disagree about Lewis. I don't like the lad, but he has to has a shout of making the final. You are saying "he'll make semis at best". Who's going to beat him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Scholten should give him a good match in the Quarters. He's just as good as Lewis when it comes to hitting maximums and hes a pretty cool customer too. He won his last game 3-0 I think. And at 28/1 he's not the worst value bet left in the competition. (Each Way obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

I reckon phil taylor to get more 180's than mick McGowan @ 1/2 is a great bet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

I reckon phil taylor to get more 180's than mick McGowan @ 1/2 is a great bet
    agreeded.

• Advertisement

It's 1.38, all you swines must have hoovered up the 1.5. :(

This Dudbridge - Hamilton game is interesting, Dudbridge has been appalling at the double top, and has handed chance after chance to Hamilton. Having layed Hamilton twice over at 1.5-1.55 direction, I could have backed in at 1.6 for green all round, and Dudbridge incredibly missed 3 darts to make it 2-2. :mad:

Ended up getting a decent price on Hamilton again as Dudbridge made a mini-comeback, so happy days.

Not happy days here in the Taylor match for the Taylor Most 180s backers among us, he keeps going down for cover when he could easily fit another in the bed. :mad:

Well Lewis is out, fair play to all those who didnt believe the hype. At the outset I wouldn't have given Jenkins a chance, but at 2 sets up I layed a fair bit of Lewis as it is clear he has severe concentration and discipline problems. These problems are always more likely to come out against an older, more experienced player, regardless of ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

yeah lewis seems a bit green, i think he'll make a good champion in years to come though

my bet is still on course lads,i put 250 euro on barney 3 weeks ago to win the 2007 pdc world darts championship at 4/1.

but i can,t see him doing taylor unless he starts very strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

hawker27 wrote:
    my bet is still on course lads,i put 250 euro on barney 3 weeks ago to win the 2007 pdc world darts championship at 4/1.

but i can,t see him doing taylor unless he starts very strong.

I cant see taylor been beaten, especially after seen him white washing hamilton. Barney is lucky to be still in the tournament, its gonna be close, but i cant see past taylor.

best of luck with your bet anyway ;)

ah but how many players in the world would come back from 3-0 to win 4-3 against loyld who was playing great darts,barney can win but hes gotta throw great darts.if he does,nt get of to a good start and taylor goes 2-0 up then i think its bye bye.we shall see and its the final every darting fan wanted.

barneys gotta make his mark on this and let taylor know big time that within 10 mths of swapping the bdo for the pdc he has beaten him in a world final,no bigger impact me thinks.

Taylor to win to 3 or 4, I can't see the upset happening myself. Say for argument's sake Barney starts half as bad as he was against Lloyd; Taylor won't let him back in. Say he starts at his best; Taylor can match him. The odds are about right.

purely purelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy brilliant by barney,what a performance been 3-0 sets down coming back to win,thank you barney u just won me 1000 euros thanks i,ll remember this final.what a start to the new year.

ye of little faithhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sick as a dog.

Fare play to Barney though he did play very well although 3-0 up thought Taylor would have it in the bag.

Dont know what the **** it is with him he keeps going for stupid cover shots.

If the last dart Taylor threw near bull if it didnt land the way it did could be different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

hawker27 wrote:
    purely purelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy brilliant by barney,what a performance been 3-0 sets down coming back to win,thank you barney u just won me 1000 euros thanks i,ll remember this final.what a start to the new year.

ye of little faithhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    nice few quid won there hawker,as my mum use to say dont spend it all at once;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

super final, great result too!!
    Joe, you have got to get yourself a betfair account, Taylor was trading at 1.08 at a stage - you lay him for 5500 to lose 440 if he won, but you had just ensured you weren't going to lose anyway.

cheers thanks county have,nt collected from paddys yet.

can sumone please tell me how to set myself up with a betfair account?
    the only credit card i have is a 3v prepay one and i don,t think this can be used.
    also where does my winning money go if i win a bet like i mean where does it lodge to?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

hawker27 wrote:

the only credit card i have is a 3v prepay one and i don,t think this can be used.
    also where does my winning money go if i win a bet like i mean where does it lodge to?thanks

Withdrawing by cheque is one of the easiest methods. It's free, and usually arrives within 3-4 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

hawker27 wrote:

Who runs the 3v card ie mastercard, visa....? I don't see why betfair wouldn't accept this, it depends how strict they are on money laundering regulations etc, how do you get the 3v card? Do you need id etc? If not, they may not accept it, although you can always wire money to betfair or send them a cheque - it just takes longer to get up and running.
    For payouts, you can get money transferred to your account, cheques or refunds to credit cards.

• Advertisement

well done hawker nice touch for you must have been a great final for you as it had everything, i was on taylor meself, had two parts of a nice treble landed with taylor the final (and shortest-price) part. Was a great final, taylor was gifted the first three sets and barney played excellent from there on in, id say you must have swet buckets i know i did!

after the first 3 sets i had resigned myself to losing,then barney made it 3-2 then 4-2 and i was saying that if taylor made it 5-2 then i was sure the power would win.

but by god was i sweating and having little heart turns when the were in the sudden death,sumtimes u wish u had bet more lol.

oh ye made a mistake on me betting slip i bet barney to win the 2006 pdc world championship i put wrong year forgot about 2007 lol would it make a difference as there date is on it.

no u don,t need id to get a 3v card there prepay u go get a top up like mobile phone top ups and then u get a visa number on the voucher.

i have a paypal setup using my 3v card,and can,t i use the paypal account for betting on betfair?.

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Who runs the 3v card ie mastercard, visa....? I don't see why betfair wouldn't accept this, it depends how strict they are on money laundering regulations etc, how do you get the 3v card? Do you need id etc? If not, they may not accept it, although you can always wire money to betfair or send them a cheque - it just takes longer to get up and running.
    For payouts, you can get money transferred to your account, cheques or refunds to credit cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yea you can use paypal.

no it wont make a differnce on the betting slip you'll get paid, wow I see taylor is 11/10 to win next years, that a bit of a leap from the 8/15 3 weeks ago before the barney army took over!!

thanks ragtorag.

hey chucky do u have a betfair account set up?
    and is it really good to have it set up knowing u can bet at the click of a mouse,and one make good money with it persuming the get a winner or 2 lol.

Best way to deposit and withdraw from betfair is Laser/Maestro debit card, no fees either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I most certainly do have a betfair account. Making money from a traditional bookies is too difficult i think, the odds are stacked in their favour. I still use bet365 for the odd accum etc, but pretty much all done through bf.

Making money from betfair is alot easier.

I have a betfair account.

Wire the funds from your bank.

• Advertisement

any more info jobhoy on wiring money through using bank transfer,i,m not up to date on these things lol.

i don,t have a laser card or anything like that,only got a 3v card and bank account also a paypal account used with the 3v card.

I have a betfair account.

Wire the funds from your bank.

Advertisement