Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm force winds and a Tornado warning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

kleefarr wrote:
    I can't get your Ireland weather link to work snowbie. :(

Server is down i cant get it to work myself.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Its hard to close the front door here. Really have to push it closed. The letter box is banging all the time. I keep thinking someone is at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There was lightning and thunder here this morning at 9 am. I'd say winds were at their strongest(gusts of around 70mph at one point at bout 9:30-10 am) The wind seemed to have weakened in the last hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There was lightning and thunder here this morning at 9 am. I'd say winds were at their strongest(gusts of around 70mph at one point at bout 9:30-10 am) The wind seemed to have weakened in the last hour or so.

Where are you located?

Thanks! And welcome to the forums ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

no real rain at the moment in city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Gale at Dublin Airport:

EIDW 031300Z 23037G50KT 9999 -RADZ FEW022 BKN030 09/04 Q0975 NOSIG

Trees seriously bending in the wind in the park out behind the house!

Gust to 67mph in Dublin Airport at 1300hrs

Does anyone have that linky that we had before of the Plane/Air Traffic Control listener thing!!?

thanks!

Debris flying everywhere here now!

The car took a serious shake there a minute ago:eek:

Hahahaha The latest transmission from 1 plane... yea ok will try an approach and see how we get on:eek:

Mean 40KT

http://www.liveatc.net/feedmap/feedmap.html

go to Ireland clikc on Dublin great listening:D

People being diverted to Shannon/Belfast Alfergrove

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

The tornado risk is over. It was associated with the cold front that went through some hours ago. Heavy squalls etc. Heavy squalls etc are still forecast and damaging bursts of wind may occur. But upper air conditions for the risk of tornadoes have mostly gone. The warning originally came fronm TORRO last night. A specific alert was part of a forecast TORRO issued at 8.20pm that included southern regions. There is a possibility of a tornado having occurred in Gloucestershire as the colf front went through there. That was about 4am. I hope everyone got through the night safely.

• Advertisement

Funny to hear that some planes are choosing to divert while others are going for it:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Holy crap, just back from the Wicklow Mountains where the winds are HURRICANE FORCE, the light drizzley rain being driven by the wind actually cut my face in places. There were very high waves on Lough Dann, and the spray was being carried on updrafts up the sides of the valley. Had to turn the car at one point as we were afraid it would flip over. Back here in Bray we registered a gust of 62mph around a half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Listening to airband scanner now from Malahide - have to have the window open to stick the aerial out and even on nightlock the gusts are howling in...

SNN
    EI603 from AMS
    FR207 from STN
    FR113 from LGW
    FR603 from MME
    EI683 from GVA
    EI503 from BRS
    EI101 from DXB
    FR217 from STN
    EI753 from ALC
    AF5006 from CDG

BFS
    EI153 from LHR
    EI521 from CDG
    EI155 from LHR
    OK670 from PRG
    EI333 from SXF
    BD125 from LHR
    EI481 from LIS
    EI563 from BCN

these seem to be the current diverts from Dublin - BFS=Belfast SNN=Shannon. Plagarised from http://forums.ifsd.ie

(Dublin)EIDW 031400Z 24040G55KT 9999 -RA FEW022 BKN028 09/05 Q0976 NOSIG
    (Aldergrove)EGAA 031350Z 23025G36KT 9000 RA BKN021 OVC026 09/06 Q0967
    (Belfast City)EGAC 022050Z 17028G38KT 9999 -RA FEW012 SCT030 BKN040 09/06 Q0985
    (Cork)EICK 031400Z 25026G42KT 9999 -SHRA FEW008 SCT016CB 08/05 Q0986 NOSIG
    (Knock)EIKN 031400Z 26027G37KT 8000 -SHRA BKN015 BKN020CB 07/06 Q0974 NOSIG
    (Shannon)EINN 031400Z 24035G48KT 9999 FEW016 SCT021CB BKN042 11/05 Q0982 NOSIG

latest METARs for the major Irish airports inc. NI.

Latest Met.ie report for Dublin Airport

http://www.meteireann.ie/latest/reports.asp

Gusts to 60knots near 70mph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

No bickering here lad, I was just referring to the tornado risk alert and squall lines and possible thunderstorms. we just don't usually get stuff like that. I am truly sorry if i have offended anyone with my sense of humour.. mmmkay..

Anyways been out all morning and while being windy, we have had no rain at all, and it seems to be slightly calmer than it was this morning, and much more than the wee hours of the morn..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭highdef

Was viewing planes coming into land in the past couple of hours at Dublin airport. My god, it was scary. 5 out of 6 planes ditched their landings, 2 of them literally at the last second. One plane was about to touch and then pulled back up. Planes are all over the place coming in. Literally coming in sideways with huge amounts of buffeting. Have some videos on my camera phone. WIll try upload some later when I'm not so busy in work!!
    If you have spare time and are near Dublin airport, go up to the main viewing area - it's scary stuff. Oh, and it's packed there. Not sure if you'll get to park too easily

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sdonn1 There is a few camer'a that have been blown around and now looking off the road

Yep, toll bridge camera has a nice view of the housing estate and the Amiens St one is feeling a bit blue :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

So far with me it has stayed almost dry and not stormy at all. Certainly windy, but apart from a 5 minute spell, the mean is staying in the low 30s mph with occassional gusts to 50mph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

casement reporting 71mph gusts:
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭revr

I was up in Newry this mornin an comin back came through a severe thunderstorm wit rain comin down like it was armagedon. Had to stop the car for 15mins as ya couldnt see 2 feet in front o ye.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

looking miserable in edinburgh, should continue to get stormier there:
    http://www.camvista.com/scotland/edinburgh/histedin_streaming.php3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I do not approve of this weather in the slightest. (though I do get to wear my cute wellies)

Any forcast for when it might end?

Cant see the Met.ie's prediction of gusts to 140/150km coming off now tbh.

Think winds might be at there peak at the moment:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Weather seems fine according to the Dublin Airport Website.

Last 7 planes have landed at dublin airport without any problems.

Listening to Dublin tower and they were applauding the last plane for landing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

irish1 wrote:

Must have been a Ryan air flight! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:

Heard that:D

Advertisement