Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    Meh Jose, it's only an AUG :D
    Now, if they start posting their Bleiker 6mmBR rifles from their 200-firing-point outdoor sunny ranges, I might think about it :D

Give me a year Sparks, give me a year. ;) Liam still hasn't gotten back to me with the palpitation-inducing quote. I don't really want to hear it, haven't quite gotten over the G&E yet. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

I just Googled Bleiker 6mmBR - shame on you all! That's not a rifle, it's a mechano set! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mechano doesn't do this at 300m :D

300m_Bull_UKWEB.jpg

You win this round Sparks.....

I just Googled Bleiker 6mmBR - shame on you all! That's not a rifle, it's a mechano set! :p

Don't get me started on those Butler Creek stocks for the 10/22! :p

Nah, seriously, 300m, standing, kneeling and prone with a standard stocked rifle and a 1.5kg trigger. If that's not enough to get anyone interested in ISSF stuff who has any sort of interest in competitive rifle shooting, I don't know what is!

• Advertisement

My kind of target shooting...

garand.jpg

Not as accurate as the mechano rifles, but isn't she just beautiful?

It is, and if you have anything of that variety, let me know and I'll include you in the lineup for our next 300m shoot, because that would be eligible. ;)

It is, and if you have anything of that variety, let me know and I'll include you in the lineup for our next 300m shoot, because that would be eligible. ;)

Hey, I could have one if I wanted... I just dont want to :pac: My 10/22 could be good at 300m I gues... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I dunno Jose, you'd have to angle it up a lot to reach out that far, and in fairness, the 10/22 is really more a suppressing-fire sort of thing to begin with. Area denial for squirrels :pac: ;)

Sparks wrote: »
    I dunno Jose, you'd have to angle it up a lot to reach out that far, and in fairness, the 10/22 is really more a suppressing-fire sort of thing to begin with. Area denial for squirrels ;)

"... We're going to need a bigger backing board."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Some features I've not seen on our issued Steyrs tho... aside from the top rail what's with the side mag release? Good to see it has a fluted barrel as well, what did it set you back altogether if you dont mind me askin?

It's the STANAG-compatible stock, and thus will take all the magazines I already own instead of having to buy Steyr mags.

The rifle's actually a TPD AXR, it's an American-built variant on the AUG. Supposedly built to better standards, but with interchangable parts, set me back about $2,300.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Some odds and ends :D;)

Lovin the Kar98 chem! :D But what the hell is that AK-lookin yoke supposed to be!? :eek:

Lovin the Kar98 chem! :D But what the hell is that AK-lookin yoke supposed to be!? :eek:

Cheers Jose. The AK yoke is a 8mm blank fire replica ;)

You might like this one better Jose!;)

Congratulations chem, I now officially hate you. Does that make you happy? Does it?

mutter mutter mutter....:P

Seriously though, that's awesome! hard to license was it?

Mmm... Never could quite justify the cost of a Garand. A fair bit of money for a used rifle.

On the other hand, it's a great thing to shoot. How's your thumb?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Guns.jpghere are my two rifles, in the back is a weihrauch 60j .22 hornet with a hawke nite-eye 6-20x50 and a cz .22 with a nikko stirling gold crown 4-12x42 and a sak mod, sorry about the poor quality but the only camera i have is my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

I was out with my Cousin to zero his .17 HMR CZ 452 American rimfire. I found this gun to be very good. It has a synthetic stock, feels good in the hand and puts the rounds in the same place again and again. Its fitted with a hawk scope and good moderator and we had it on the money from scratch at 100yards in a dozen rounds.
    For fun my buddy took an old pigeon decoy and propped it up left of the target to get a feel for hitting vermin at that distance. He shot four times towards it and I shot twice with the my Krico .22 Hornet and it never moved. We were nearly saying we need our eyes testing or the rifles re-zeroed so we had a closer look. All six were on target and we have arranged a vermin shoot in a fortnight!

IMG_0338.jpg

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Lovely looking rifle your cousin has there mallards, your Krico does not look to bad either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Nice rifles love the hornet what scope have you got on it mallards.

Maca

It's only a hawk Air max. Does the job though!

Mallards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

how do you find the krico mallards, my weihrauch has the same action and is made in the same factory but doesn't have as nice a stock, but heh its good enough for me:D, there a bit on the heavy side but lovely rifle

The ammo can be pricey but thats the calibre not the rifle. In fairness I really like it. It looks good and shoots good. I spoke to the prvious owner and he really liked it also. He was moving up calibre but if he could have had both he would have kept it.

IMG_0265.jpg

Its a solid comfortable rifle, I would buy Krico again.

Mallards.

Sick of the resession and all the doom and gloom, so traded in my cz 527 lux .223 for a new tikka t3 lite :D:D

It has a twist rate of 1 in 8 ", Bushnell 6500 elite scope 4.5 -30 x 50 on top will be adding a harris bi pod to it later. Only just mounted the scope hope to get out over the weekend to zero it. Weather has turned for the worse down my way ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

really nice set up RH, keep us posted on that scope, their ment to be goooood.
    what lenght is the barrel?

Nice gun RH, how do you find the stock for solidity and balance?

really nice set up RH, keep us posted on that scope, their ment to be goooood.
    what lenght is the barrel?

Its the short barrel will mesaure tomorrow, think its around the 19" its also threaded for a modeator or a muzzle flash which is handy. Have the scope about 7 or 8 months now very clear crisp glass, had a crow in my sights last week at just over 700 yards( leica Rangefinder) sitting on a fence post on low enough mag and it was clear as day.

Nice gun RH, how do you find the stock for solidity and balance?

I cant fault it IWM, it just feels lovely in the hand. I now its a plastic stock but to be honest it does not feel like it. The big test will be when i put a good few round down through it, I cant wait :D:D

I know you were after a sako but just a little heads up, the dealer I got it from said they got an e mail from ardee during the week stating that sako products were to rise over the near future. Not sure by how much but there would be an increase felt by all.

• Advertisement

OK, problem eventually solved. Took a while, as it's not helped by the fact that the rifle cannot currently be brought into California, but fortunately my unit's in Nevada, so I've a place to keep it and shoot it regularly.

Now I just need to convert it to be California legal, and I'll be good to go at a whim.

GRNAXR1.JPG

GRNAXR2.JPG

NTM

Advertisement