Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you wear a watch every day?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i only tend to wear a watch when i'm going out to dinner etc... i use the mobile most of the time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

petes wrote:
    Like this.
    The Power Ranger generation grows up.

Always wear a watch... its part of my morning routine to put it on and for some reason, taking it off and putting it back on is quite relaxing. Also, i paid enough for it so i may as well use it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's a hell of a lot quicker for me to swivel my wrist a fraction and glance at the hands than to reach down, flip up the 'phone, and read the numbers.
    Nail on head
    My little $40 thing has lasted me through tank school and a year in Iraq, if it lasted through that lot, I can't think of any reason for the extra expense for an "Even more solid" watch.
    Agree with you there. As a matter of interest were you not issued a watch? I thought the US forces still do that(at least for some). Marathon watch IIRC.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Not standard issue, at any rate.

It might be in the supply system if the supply sergeant can find it. We had ours sit down with a catalogue and order everything he could find. I came out with maglites, knives, laser grips for a Beretta, space pens, and whatnot.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I always wear a watch. My old one broke recently and I felt nekkid without it on. Got a lovely Bench one in work, and I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

No, I'm in the habit of checking my phone. I always found a watch too awkward. It also got in the way of guitar playing and was a pain when at home when I just randomly pick up a guitar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No. I have one, but don't always wear it. Not necessary, plus I don't wear much jewelry or things either. I like the subtle, severe look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The strap on my watch broke about 8 months ago and i decided to use my phone until i got it fixed. Now i prefer to use the mobile. I wouldn't wear a watch anymore.

I also use my mobile as an alarm clock. Love that snooze button

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I haven't worn a watch in years, I don't know why people kept giving me ridiculously expensive watches as presents growing up, the one with a camera on it was fun though.

I just use my phone, missus wears a watch at all times but bed. It is so loud we have to put it away somewhere, or under a pile of clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I haven't worn a watch in the last 10 years or so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I use a pocket watch actually, anyone else?

I always forget to wind it though as I'm not too interested in recording the passage of time as it reminds me of my own mortality.

You are so cool!
    Seriously!

On topic, I never wear a watch, but I hope to have one of these soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wear my Storm chronograph always, only ever comes off for the shower.
    It comes home from work covered in paint, chemicals and dust and always scrubs up like new.
    Like others, I feel naked without a watch; worn 'em since I was 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Just looking at my Timex Triathlon which has almost never left my wrist since I bought it - although the strap has been changed a few times. It was with me for many of my 'rights of passage',with me when the Berlin Wall fell and with me the last two times Scotland beat France in a competitive football match! I always got the battery changed by a jeweller who could look after the waterproof seals. I'll miss it when it finally gives up the ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I wear a watch every day, but only because I cba taking my phone out of my pocket everytime I want to check the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I always wear one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I have two watches. One I wear everyday is a Festina Chronagraph that I bought cheap in Geneva. It cost me about €150 but it is a fantastic watch. The other is my fathers watch that he wore for about 30 years. It is a simple gold watch that I just love. I only wear it when I am going out somewhere special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I used to but the day seems to go faster since the battery ran out so now I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Haven't worn a watch in a few months since the strap went.
    It's a cheap enough Timex but I'm missing wearing it. It's a pain taking out my phone all the time and I don't always keep it in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Get a kinetic/solar powered watch... they can be gotten for around E50 in Ireland nowadays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I don't wear a watch because I don't like things wrapped around my wrist.
    Don't like rings either for more or less the same reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

My missus wears a watch... but she god damn better, it cost me enough!

I'm one of those people who never wears a watch. It'd feel weird having one on at all. Phone/PC/whatever tells me the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

have`nt wore a watch in donkeys years,last watch i has was when i was a kid,you know some cheap tat of the market which lasted you about a week if your lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i have a loverly watch but i only wear it when i'm going out etc cos it gets in the way of everything. i tend to just use phone/ipod/friends(!) to tell the time. especially in college where i'd just leave my phone on the desk and be able to see the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I too feel naked without a watch. Generally wear a cheap Casio, but I have a nice gold one for when I get to go out on grown-up evenings.
    Watch only comes off when playing guitar (being a lefty the arms swells up from all the activity, plus I dont want to scratch my babies), playing soccer (no jewllery allowed) or having sex.

Banned from the bed since the wife caught me trying to prove that it was lasting more than 30 seconds.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't wear a watch because I don't like things wrapped around my wrist.
    Don't like rings either for more or less the same reason.

I think a ring worn around your wrist is called a bracelet ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I wear a watch everyday, I tend to lose my phone alot so I have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Kipperhell wrote:
    LOL
    Sorry but how much can a Diesel watch cost or be worth? Max is about €400 which is not expensive for a watch. I also have a Diesel watch which I wear every day

€400 is expensive for a Diesel, yes!.

Personally I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a watch from a company making jean's and tee-shirts.

For the sake of the thread.

Yes I wear mine almost 24hrs a day, it hardly ever comes off.

Oh, and I'm wearing a sports Citizen eco-drive. Silver, chucky, white face, looks the bizz and cost €550.

Here it is..

http://www.theexecutiveclub.org/images/av0031_59a.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I collect swatch watches and I have about 300 of them. I don't wear a watch everyday though as I am on the computer 99% of the time in work and they scratch off the desk :eek: Ill wear a watch going out though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you will soon have a different Swatch watch for every day

Advertisement