Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Ireland went to war...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Disgraceful posting here about the DF, If anybody cared to notice the DF is a Peace Enforcing Military much like Sweden,Switzerland etc, Shame on you for slagging off the DF, alot of people here dont even know what it is that they do and what they stand for and about the people in it who paid with their life in the cause of freedom, so others may live. Shame on you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Steyr wrote:
    Disgraceful posting here about the DF, If anybody cared to notice the DF is a Peace Enforcing Military much like Sweden,Switzerland etc, Shame on you for slagging off the DF, alot of people here dont even know what it is that they do and what they stand for and about the people in it who paid with their life in the cause of freedom, so others may live. Shame on you all.

Very true, aparently they have the best bomb disposal section or any army in the world...

I wonder how they got that practice...

Also the second best Special Forces Unit in the world the Army Ranger Wing ( ARW ) Second only to the German GSG9 and in third place the UK SAS. Fact.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

How about china? I just think it'd be hilarious to see peoples faces as the Irish navy sails up the yangtze, the ultimate WTF?? moment.

andrew wrote:
    How about china? I just think it'd be hilarious to see peoples faces as the Irish navy sails up the yangtze, the ultimate WTF?? moment.

Another Joe Soap with tons of imagination...........But no brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Steyr wrote:

Hey Steyr, relax will ya, it's all in good fun etc. I'm enjoying this thread and I've had a very close friend (PDF) killed in action. You'll get used to the (dark and light) boards.ie sense of humor as time goes by.

I take it that because you chose your username after the DF's weapon of choice that you have some connection to the DF's either PDF or RDF? Try the Military forum if you want serious discussion on the Irish Defence Forces.

On Topic: My choice for invasion is North Korea, then we could sneak in before the US and grab a few nukes for ourselves. We'd make a packet selling those on ebay :D

Im here for a laugh but you go too far alot of people died in the cause of freedom overseas and at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

The Aran Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

delop wrote:
    oh sorry hang on, have we not invaded most countries allready by immigration in the past and now by property investment...

They're sleeper agents, spread out across the globe. Once we choose a country to invade, these agents will easily infiltrate their people and attack from the inside. It's perfect as long as no one asks to see their Visas!

After edit:
    Steyr wrote:
    Im here for a laugh but you go too far alot of people died in the cause of freedom overseas and at home.

Before edit:
    Steyr wrote:
    PDF im here for a laugh but then again if i really wanna laugh at you well you are giving me 452.82 a week..

Hmmm! Apart from thinking that 452.82 a week is a pittance, I think you'll find that I don't pay you anything as I live and work in the UK :p I instead contribute my taxes to undereducated British lads getting killed in Iraq and Afghanistan for a pittance salary :( Poor b*stards!

Yeah loads of people died for freedom blah blah blah, drivel and whatnot but at the end of the day people still tell WWII jokes, they still joke about suicide bombers and all things tragic. Grow up a bit, it's not all serious and doom and gloom, it's supposed to be fun :)

On topic again: I still think N Kora is a good bet, with those nukes we could further our quest and invade China. Imagine how many houses you could build with the stone from the Great Wall :D

• Advertisement

sjones wrote:
    The Aran Islands.

Invade something thats ours already? Can ya hear me all the way back there? In the stone age...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,756 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

[Off Topic]
    Steyr wrote:
    Im here for a laugh
    Really?
    Steyr wrote:
    but you go too far alot of people died in the cause of freedom overseas and at home.
    Indeed they did & this thread in no way disrespects any of them. As a matter of fact this thread has absolutely nothing to do with deceased freedom fighters. Seriously off topic - you could find yourself in the cooler with only a baseball for company.

[/Off Topic]

I say we go for Cuba - loads of rum, great cigars, hot chicks.
    The Yanks will surely support our invasion - maybe even let us use their airports?

Ok fine fair enough, How about Jamaica?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,756 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Steyr wrote:
    Ok fine fair enough, How about Jamaica?

That's the spirit! Well done.

Now what could we possibly get in Jamaica? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Japan of course as Grandpa Burns said: "The Japanese!? Those sandal-wearing goldfish tenders? Bosh! Flimshaw!". Nuff said. :)

Sexy black ladies and they have no Air Force so we can send over the PC9M's and wahey! we have Air Superiority, and they have no Navy so we send over Our Navy and what do ya know we have just blocked off their trade routes we have the cnuts by the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

New Zealand. Then we could have summer all year round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Fence wrote:
    New Zealand. Then we could have summer all year round.

Ah very good then we could discuss, fush and chups.;)

sjones wrote:
    The Aran Islands.

Screw that. Lets invade Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Kingsize wrote:
    Hows about we invade Greece by hiding in a Giant wooden horse - That's what they'd least expect, its beautiful!!

I lol'd

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I'm with whatsisface - invade the USA. I know you should never underestimate mass stupidity but with a good strategy I'm sure we could catch them unawares. Maybe start the attack on St Patrick's Day or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Craggy Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Ruu wrote:
    ... fush and chups.;)
    For some reason I really enjoy saying this!

/mutters away to myself at reception fush and chups fush and chups...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Steyr wrote:

here hang on chief, when did the defence forces pay with their lives for our freedom's? ..unless you include being speared by baloobas, which must rank up there with blackadders pygmy-armed-with-fruit incident in the "embarrasing military defeats" lists.

Im gonna be frank and predict that if this country was invaded tomorrow the defence forces would surrender faster than a french general in a german army field kitchen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i say we invade cork, theyre getting far too cocky down there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

yep, ireland's gonna invade somewhere with their TWO MILITARY HELICOPTERS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

yep, ireland's gonna invade somewhere with their TWO MILITARY HELICOPTERS

Still makes us a stronger force to be reckoned with than craggy island.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Bambi wrote:
    i say we invade cork, theyre getting far too cocky down there

Yeah and rename it while we're at it - Dublincork or something:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

humanji wrote:
    They're sleeper agents, spread out across the globe. Once we choose a country to invade, these agents will easily infiltrate their people and attack from the inside. It's perfect as long as no one asks to see their Visas!

As long as it's not happy hour in the pub, we'll be sorted.

i say we invade france, they have a history of just surrendering, if we rounded up all the scobes and airdropped them onto paris with a standard issue kit of a bottle of buckfast and a hurley, they'd have the french routed in no time. then we just leave them there........

Advertisement