Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Ireland went to war...

Options
  • 03-11-2006 11:36am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

... in an attempt to conquer new territory to feed the endless demand for foreign property (hey, look at all the stamp duty the government is missing out on),

where should we invade and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Charles Haughey's Privately owned island in the Blaskets??(i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Dyflin wrote:
    where should we invade and why?
    Brazil, obviously.

Norway.

The bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

Norway.

The bastards.

I say Greenland , I am thinking long term and I am betting on global warmimg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

with Irelands relatively non-existant Navy and Air Force, only a land campaign would be remotely possible, so I'd say Northern Ireland. The Brits could get overstretched in the middle east - so who knows.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well lets see....where could the Irish army attack and actually win....maybe a handful of small pacific islands? Oh, and Andorra.

And the Vatican I suppose. then maybe move onto San Marino.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    with Irelands relatively non-existant Navy and Air Force, only a land campaign would be remotely possible, so I'd say Northern Ireland. The Brits could get overstretched in the middle east - so who knows.

:D

Now that would be funny to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Sweden - kill the men and bring the women back here for breeding purposes.
    Invade England as well - see how they like it.

Turkmenistan. why not?

It is ruled by a crazy nutter and they export gas to china.
    They are also landlocked.

Why in hell would we invade turkmenistan?

• Advertisement

Hows about we invade Greece by hiding in a Giant wooden horse - That's what they'd least expect, its beautiful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Switzerland. Like us, they never pick on anyone else, so there's enough reason to invade.

eirmail wrote:

Why in hell would we invade turkmenistan?

Because its There! goddammit!

On mature reflection i'd say The Vatican would be easy even for our understaffed & overweight defence forces-its just loads of really old priests & a few boys with axes & stripey baggy pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

the Vatican

think of it all the grannies would get a free pass to mass with the pope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

We might be able to take the Isle of Man.

Failing that... Tory Island?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

HavoK wrote:
    And the Vatican I suppose.

Have you not read Angels and Demons??? They have more security than the average cat :p

I'd say the Isle of Mann, it'll bring us near enough to the UK so that we can throw stones at them if we want. Oh and the whole no speed limits thing would attract me too :D

In search of land.. we should go to Namibia, they're faily used to being invaded and there's a bit o land to go round. Nice coastline, Windhoek Beer rocks, and they have Guinness and Kilkenny - wohoo!

agamemnon wrote:
    Invade England as well - see how they like it.

Yeah & then Give it to France once weve taken what we want .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

The North...

Tazz T wrote:
    We might be able to take the Isle of Man.

Jeremy Clarkson has a holiday home there,even if we could, its probably best left well alone...

Kingsize wrote:
    Jeremy Clarkson has a holiday home there,even if we could, its probably best left well alone...

We could invade the channel islands , taxes are low there and they are used to been invaded. So manybe they mighn't mind too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

The Ivory coast. Flag mirror image stealing biatches that they are. And when we've rescused our flags reflection, we then have a good staging post to invade Burkina Faso to the North. I just really want to go to Oogadougoo and laugh at the sign posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The USA. It would be like an ant throwing a pea at an elephant, but fun to watch all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Norway.

The bastards.
    We would need to arm to the teeth but Norway is a good call.
    They have alot of oil (we'd steal it) and culchies would be getting revenge for the founding of dublin.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Tunisia.

For no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Hang on now, Why dont we invade ireland, then we can implement my socalist policies, nationalise eircom, tesco , dunnes, fix the public transport, lower the price of the pint, look after our old people, Educate our prisoners, and give them better facilities, so when they do get out they wil be nice :-) Invest billions in the education system from primary up...

oh sorry hang on, have we not invaded most countries allready by immigration in the past and now by property investment...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The Galapagos. Even the Irish defence forces could beat a few turtles. Maybe we could take Easter Island while we are at it, and draw funny moustaches etc on the statues.

Also, we could take the Falklands, pretending to be Argies while we are doing it and get them in trouble with the brits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I'd say either Scotland or Wales.

The cultures'd fuse together beautifully and with Global Warming as it is, our climates are rapidly merging and Jasus we'd have mighty craic!
    We might even be able to join forces against the English!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

DMC wrote:
    Switzerland. Like us, they never pick on anyone else, so there's enough reason to invade.

they just took ALL the jews money and gold though

Kenya. They've lions and tigers you know.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ibiza..and kick the brits out of it...

Advertisement