Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am a fish / donk - can you help me??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sixpac911

Although I agree that bops appears to be a very lucky maniac, I am actually wondering what his M is when he makes these moves and what Ms are in the hand before him and ahead of him. If the M situations are favourable his play may actually become profitable over time I would have thought? I mean re-raising with crap against desperate but tight players could make alot of money coming near the cut off point in a tourney. So Bops, can you elaborate on the tourney stage and M values of you and your opponents on some of these plays? I could not imagine this play working well after the cut off point in any MTT especially shorthanded tables. Pleas egive us the conditions.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

sixpac911 wrote:
    Although I agree that bops appears to be a very lucky maniac, I am actually wondering what his M is when he makes these moves and what Ms are in the hand before him and ahead of him. If the M situations are favourable his play may actually become profitable over time I would have thought? I mean re-raising with crap against desperate but tight players could make alot of money coming near the cut off point in a tourney. So Bops, can you elaborate on the tourney stage and M values of you and your opponents on some of these plays? I could not imagine this play working well after the cut off point in any MTT especially shorthanded tables. Pleas egive us the conditions.
    These are all cash game hands, not tourney hands so M has about as much to do with it as James Bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

sixpac911 wrote:

These were all in a cash game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

sixpac911 wrote:
    will you shut up with your M ,Q,first in vigirioush talk and try and talk a bit more street wise.
    these are cash hands you muppet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

5starpool wrote:
    These are all cash game hands, not tourney hands so M has about as much to do with it as James Bond.

lmao smack talk of a high order!.
    Poor fella probably just finished his book and waded in with enthusiasm!. sixpacs comments reminded me of something Culchie would have said after swallowing his first book!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

that was an epic read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

LOL, I didn't expect my literary review to have such an immediate effect :)

wd Sixpac, now go away and re-read the introduction!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

5starpool wrote:

and the award for sarky comment of the thread goes to .......

lol classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sixpac911

Oh, sorry. I actually was concentrating on work and did not have time to read the thread properly I don't play cash so I will back out of this discussion and leave it to you professionals :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gregoire

Ill stick up for ya m8 :)

I have played hundreds of stt's with bops and is one of the players i fear most.He is also a true gent at the tables,and never steals blinds from people who pay him compliments. :p

gl

gregior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

gregoire wrote:

I have played hundreds of stt's with bops and is one of the players i fear most.He is also a true gent at the tables,and never steals blinds from people who pay him compliments. :p

gl

gregior
    I cant even count the amount of blinds you have stolen from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

gregoire wrote:

gl

gregior

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

bops wrote:
    White Night: Are you a winning online player?
    Yes overall - but recently (over the last 3 months) i have dropped 15k mainly by aggrressively playing premium hands on 5/10 10/20 and 20/40 cash tables...and getting sucked out by fish/donks!!

Online, my strenghts lie on STTs and MTTs mainly 200$ 9, 6, and HU games and the larger buy-in MTTs - I AM NOT A WINNING ONLINE CASH PLAYER!!

Over last 3 months live I have made 4.5k in small tourneys and 18k in cash games

How can you claim to have dropped 15K at the 5/10+ cash tables, say, "I AM NOT A WINNING ONLINE CASH PLAYER!!" Then go on to say you have made 18K in cash games. Smells like a nice big pile of codswollop if I do say so myself :confused:

oh, oh, I get it, you made 18K in LIVE cash games right? yes, of course you did, silly me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

TacT wrote:
    How can you claim to have dropped 15K at the 5/10+ cash tables, say, "I AM NOT A WINNING ONLINE CASH PLAYER!!" Then go on to say you have made 18K in cash games. Smells like a nice big pile of codswollop if I do say so myself :confused:

oh, oh, I get it, you made 18K in LIVE cash games right? yes, of course you did, silly me!
    lol
    no comment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

sigh.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lol.... how did I miss this thread. Bookmarked :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

sixpack - strangely enough your point about "M" is very relivant - i'm not even going to start explaining why... - the bottom line is please ignore the other ignorant muppets - they just can't help themselves

gregior - tks m8 and i promise not to steal your blinds for a day!

tact - could it be possible that i am a better live cash player than an online one?? - live games are very different than online games imo...dunno why i bother

NO! actually you are right!! i confessed to loosing 15k online in 3 months to boost my ego... well done you - you clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Hey bop, im new enough to the boards although i play live quite a bit...im intrigued as to who you are,,got a photo? I agree with some of your points about poker and cash games, ie mixing it up , however you do seem to be riding on a wave of good fortune. Good luck to you on this but to keep an air of credibility about your reason for posting, I suggest you ignore the people you think are being rude . Like I say there is some merit in playing outside the box but if you snap back at people and in the same breath pretend you welcome criticism you lose that credibility and thus your original points become blurred.

You donkey! ( dont snap im joking)

Fish! (I really am joking)

Muppet (ahem ->just a little joke there)

Muppet on a Donkey with a fish in your mouth (now I'm sorry that was beyond a joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

No. I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Marq wrote:
    No. I won't.

Please do. I think its needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Marq wrote:
    No. I won't.

Marq, I miss your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Please do. I think its needed.
    Agreed, let it rip...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Marq wrote:
    No. I won't.

Do it, do it, do it. At the risk of another weeks ban. I'd reply to bops with something sensible, but this thread won't really tolerate that sort of boring crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lazare

sixpac911 wrote:

Lads, I was sure I've read all the books, all the important ones anyway, what the fcuking hell is M?:confused:

Lazare wrote:
    Lads, I was sure I've read all the books, all the important ones anyway, what the fcuking hell is M?:confused:
    I could be wrong, but i think it's just a handy way of describing the size of your stack... eg an M of 5 means the player has 5 BBs. Harrington uses it in all his books which are all quite good AFAIR.

ocallagh wrote:
    I could be wrong, but i think it's just a handy way of describing the size of your stack... eg an M of 5 means the player has 5 BBs. Harrington uses it in all his books which are all quite good AFAIR.

Hiya Niall, I'm reading HOH1 at the moment, never seen it mentioned. Sixpac's posts are the first time I've seen it, in the quoted post above he seems to be referring to stack sizes alright, why not just say stack sizes?:confused:

Lazare wrote:
    Hiya Niall, I'm reading HOH1 at the moment, never seen it mentioned. Sixpac's posts are the first time I've seen it, in the quoted post above he seems to be referring to stack sizes alright, why not just say stack sizes?:confused:
    you will see it, in about 5 chapters time! http://www.pokerlistings.com/tournament-nolimit-holdem-harringtons-zone-system-5475

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Lazare wrote:

I finished Hoh1 tonight, it has not mentioned it, therefore I assume it is book 2,
    I believe it is just cost of blinds and antes for 1 round and whatever that figure is divide it into total number of chips you have to give you the magic number.

ocallagh wrote:

Ah, I see what it means, thanks for the link Niall.

Sixpac had me confused the last couple of days, what with all his M's and P's, not to mention all his "first in Liquorice" talk:D

Edit: Cooker, take a look at that link, it's HOH2 alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Your M is the amount of rounds at the table you have according to your stack. The reason it's good for later in an MTT is because it takes into account running Ante's.

E.G. Blinds 100/200 + Ante of 25 - 9 Handed it costs you 525 Chips per round.

Therefore is we have a stack of 5250, we have an M of 10. But would have 26 BB's, it just shows how an adjustment to Ante's is Vital.

Advertisement