Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

they can't logon to the comps so you should be fairly safe...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

crush? wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Am I the only one who thinks all "men" in this college who walk around wearing....
    Well I wouldnt ****ing know because I'm never even on the poxy campus. Really got screwed over there. Sure we'll give the nursing students plenty of facilities. You can have a brand new lovely builiding, just one glitch darling its not actually in Trinity. So go to trinity for pretty much everything except boring lectures on a load of totally irrelevant bollocks that youll never even use!! so just pop on over to trinity in the lashing rain (with no umbrella of course because you just had to forget it that day!!) for (a) food, (b) a library, (c) computer facilities and (d) somehwere to ****ing sit down cos theres not even a bloody common room!!!
    Oh and you can use the medical library in St.James but it doesnt open til 9.30 even tho my stupid health promotion prestation has to be done by 9am, and the pc facilities are open at 8.15am what a load of bull!!! At least only tell one lie at a time -JESUS!!! :mad:

ok sorry an extra "n" it was a poxy typo, i can spell it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

that was a glorious rant.

but i cant believe you don't have computers in the d'olier building. that's crap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Chick, you think thats bad? i have to come from drumcondra to campus.... Now that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Chick wrote:
    (d) somehwere to ****ing sit down
    I had a peak in your building there yesterday and.. sorry but it looked great! There were lots of seats around.. Ah come on now you're closer to the buttery than I am most of the time.

Ya all should have a look in DIT's campus(es), they've couches everywhere you can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

SkyLynx wrote:
    they can't logon to the comps so you should be fairly safe...

I was referring to the noise coming from the next room, although it seems the nice thick fire-protective doors managed to protect my ear-drums as well.

Glorious rant? Thanks kevin , lol I'll take that as a compliment!
    Apex -it looks like theres loads of seats, but theres hundreds of students in the there, and you can only eat your food/drink in the coffee shop area, they ask you to move otherwise!
    There is a total of TWO couches. No joke. Two.

Turns out there is a pc room in D'Olier St. but is still not ready, doesn't look like it ever will be at this stage, it is November after all like, and I have to get a grand total of 21 lectures from the Get/Put -which by the way is a total pain that you cant access it from home. Or the john stearne med lib in james's. How crap is that -the librarian theree told me that the pc's aren't linked to trinity even though we have a capmus out there!!

• Advertisement

damn nuisance. get and puts. i much prefer downloading and emailing.

yeah i went to the laser huts yesterday and emailed a load of biology stuff 2myself so i could print it out at home instead

that's what i do. well actually i mail it to my dad who prints it.

was gonna do that lol, but he was gone home from work and wouldnt be in til monday blah blah blah

well i spose, this is trinity hall's first year on the campus network......

And as for the get/put , nasty get someone with a maths account to sync your lecturers files to their website... ;)

i dunno anyone doing maths though

sky that wouldnt help with the put part would it.

well i havent had to do that yet so itd be cool for me :D

quite correct but about 90% of the people i know who use it only need the get features....

Yeah well maybe it depends on what youre doing though? I dunno!

• Advertisement

i'm sure it does, i suppose with enough effort one could write something that could do the put part too, but since i don't need it, effort ;)

Can you not just hand up things, do you have to post it in the Put anyway?

Just wondering!;)

well its handier for the lecturer, he don't have to worry about loosing stuff, and he can just forward em all onto probally some postgrad who'll mark em...

they dont even mark them themselves!?

some do , some don't.....

Lazy buggers!! Oh my god i didnt know that!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

depends on the subject really, i know a lot of my lecturers do mark them themselves (hence it takes months to get anything back :s) but yes a lot of them use postgrads...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

but yes a lot of them use postgrads...

Heh, there's a few postgrads that I'd like to use too...:D

*dirty chuckle*

jesus thats some imagination pet...horny lil youngster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

jesus thats some imagination pet...horny lil youngster

Sorry Grandad. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement