Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

WTF are people about data collection for...that's not what we're supposed to have for April, oh I don't know. Things are not making a lot of sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Jammyc wrote: »
    Repeating myself here but, jesus christ, people (mainly 1st meds) don't seem to realise that people use the computer rooms to do work and not blare youtube videos around the room and give people google maps tours of their home town.

They hear you, but will they listen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

They're talking about me!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

And me!! :eek:

:mad: 3 hour student council meeting, 3 hours. Aaaand I didn't win Class Rep of the year or whatever the title was. Bastards! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Reading through an essay that's too long and unfinished - not even sure if it's actually in English. Argh. I swore I wasn't gonna do the last-minute thing ever again, but looks like I will be! [/whinge]

In other news, the Lecky toilets were filthy at 10:15 this morning. They were only open an hour at the stage! What do people be doing in there?! ...actually... don't answer that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Larianne wrote: »
    And me!! :eek:

:mad: 3 hour student council meeting, 3 hours.

Tell me about it! Imagine if there was no limit to when they had to finish and they dawdled through the many, many motions? I reckon it'd be at least till 11 o'clock when it would have finished, especially considering the rest of the little bits that were flown through/ignored too!
    They might have tried speed things up anyway - Still, I didn't get home till 23:30 that night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

If the SU wanted to get people to vote in the referendum why not have stands out where students are? This is done for the SU elections and our timetable is the same. Even one day out in SJH when we have lectures? Not exactly inclusive ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Abby19 wrote: »
    If the SU wanted to get people to vote in the referendum why not have stands out where students are? This is done for the SU elections and our timetable is the same. Even one day out in SJH when we have lectures? Not exactly inclusive ...
    They did have polls open until 8pm today to allow for off-campus students. But yeah, considering the number of students out in James's, there's really no excuse.

blubloblu wrote: »
    They did have polls open until 8pm today to allow for off-campus students. But yeah, considering the number of students out in James's, there's really no excuse.

Some health science students are placed further away from James's though. They should really try to push for some type of email voting system for people on placement down the country or in other parts of Dublin. Apparently it's being looked into though for next year. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

If you're going to be doing something to your laptop in the library that causes it to repeatedly make bleeping noises, hit the mute button for gods sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Last night in the gym I had to put away over 200kg of weights before I could even get started on the stuff I was supposed to be doing. I really wish them lazy eejits would put their stuff away when they were finished with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Lawliet wrote: »
    If you're going to be doing something to your laptop in the library that causes it to repeatedly make bleeping noises, hit the mute button for gods sake!

haha I was just coming to complain about that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Left a photocopying card in the reader thingy.

Supervision is still sloooooowwwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

Larianne wrote: »
    Some health science students are placed further away from James's though. They should really try to push for some type of email voting system for people on placement down the country or in other parts of Dublin. Apparently it's being looked into though for next year. :cool:

We're all over the place (round Dublin though) on placement but have lectures in SJH Thursday afternoons. This week was 'mandatory attendance' at some presentations. There'd have been a nice captive audience. Suppose I feel a tad disenfranchised as I couldn't make it in to town on Wednesday evening.

The effin stench of BO in the Hammo Computer Cave. Gross. Had to move.

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

Laptop refusing to connect to the wireless network since Tuesday :mad:

Doomed for GAMSAT tomorrow. Hoorah! Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

blubloblu wrote: »

The utter ignorance of them, Med's really gone to sh*t since the HPAT came in..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

absence of exam timetables is stressing me out... I need to know how many days I have to study each module :(

• Advertisement

I almost don't want to see the timetable, so many exams, I can't imagine they'll be able to space them out very well. It is going to suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

You really gotta love the irony of ending up in A&E in one hospital due to an injury received in another hospital :mad::(

My course department/school is an effin joke. :mad: Cannot wait to finish this course and get a job.
    Ugh

So nice of the science course office to make such an effort to inform us all about the Zoology open evening :rolleyes:

I just hope once we specialize the individual departments are bit better at organising things...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Too tired to sleep.

So nice of the science course office to make such an effort to inform us all about the Zoology open evening :rolleyes:

I just hope once we specialize the individual departments are bit better at organising things...
    I'm saying nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

Practically impossible to get access to a squat cage and a bar in any sort of reasonable time in the gym :( Why is it so full even at 8pm?

Joining the procrastination club. Not even because of the weather, just general avoidance. Pfft.

Lost USB with course work...shiit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Did you lose your USB memory stick in the Library? Try at the Duty Librarian's desk if so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement