Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Library site is so annoying. It won't recognise my username/password so I can't renew the book I took out :(
    Happened to me too...anyone else in the same boat? Well more so when I try to reserve it book, it just says action not available, even though there's 5 copies for s-lending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

I'd ask in the library but the guy behind the counter in the Hamilton scares me

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

theowen wrote: »
    Happened to me too...anyone else in the same boat? Well more so when I try to reserve it book, it just says action not available, even though there's 5 copies for s-lending.

Well if none of those 5 copies have been taken out, the system won't let you reserve a copy; AFAIK you can only reserve a book when all the lending copies are already taken out. Then, when a copy comes back into the library, it's set aside for you. If the five copies are sitting on the shelf, then you have to get yourself in & get hold of a copy the old-fashioned way.

gutenberg wrote: »
    Well if none of those 5 copies have been taken out, the system won't let you reserve a copy; AFAIK you can only reserve a book when all the lending copies are already taken out. Then, when a copy comes back into the library, it's set aside for you. If the five copies are sitting on the shelf, then you have to get yourself in & get hold of a copy the old-fashioned way.
    Thanks! I'd no clue. My class generally uses the same 3 or 4 books so they're never in. First time that I've tried to get one that was available immediately :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Haven't studied at all the past two days and won't get anything done today because I didn't get any sleep last night so I'm exhausted. Bleh. This coming week will be intense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

<snip> is annoying, and the lecturer is lazy as ****. Second year, and he's doing the exact same as last year - using slides he didn't create or add anything to, and just reading them off and hoping that we'll somehow muddle through the tutorial questions and actually do some learning when he's not around. Senior Lecturer? **** Lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

it printed every second slide!
    THE GOD FORSAKEN PRINTING SYSTEM IN THIS STUPID COLLEGE HAS COST ME 8 EURO FOR A NONSEQUENTIAL HALF OF MY NOTES!

it printed every second slide!
    THE GOD FORSAKEN PRINTING SYSTEM IN THIS STUPID COLLEGE HAS COST ME 8 EURO FOR A NONSEQUENTIAL HALF OF MY NOTES!
    Have you emailed Richo? I emailed them a few times when my notes failed to print/came out monsterish. They put money back into my account every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

theowen wrote: »
    Have you emailed Richo? I emailed them a few times when my notes failed to print/came out monsterish. They put money back into my account every time!

Oh, ho. Those ****ers owe me at least 20 quid. Definitely gonna take note from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

They'll hardly do refunds for when pages print single sided when you wanted double? That's been seriously burning through my money of late...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

My pages are coming out single with the whole thing squashed into the bottom left of the page. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

If people keep getting their messed-up printing refunded, they'd have a better incentive to get it fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Any equipment that requires earmuffs by the users, should NOT be operated before 9AM...

Stupid ****ing leafblowers at 8 o clock this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Groinshot wrote: »
    Any equipment that requires earmuffs by the users, should NOT be operated before 9AM...

Stupid ****ing leafblowers at 8 o clock this morning..

Still better than your nextdoor neighbours playing dance music at full volume until 3am, with a half 6 start :(

Squash colours match tomorrow and I'm after having to pull out injured due to my own stupidity :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What gob****e keeps robbing the yokes which make the keyboards sit up at an angle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Spanish department told half my class today (not the half I'm in) that they've changed the assessment for 3rd years so now we have two exams next week that count towards our degrees! :mad: I assume the rest of us will be told tomorrow... 6 days notice! And one of them is on something we haven't done since last April too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Can't go to the Little Dragon gig tonight because (a) was in college until 6.30 with some group presentation session and (b) have to get something done for my FYP meeting tomorrow morning... I guess it was only €17 but that's quite a lot of pizza.

Do Any of the printers on campus print double sided when you ask them to? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I heard someone say they print double when you try to print them single sided, have yet to test this out though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Only in colour. (Probably.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Pet wrote: »
    Only in colour. (Probably.)
    And they've got no eyebrows except on Saturdays.

Exams in a week and a half and I can't sit for more than 20 mins, damn back, should be interesting........ :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Still waiting for draft feedback..

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Lab oral exam was dire, mind went completely blank. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Dónal wrote: »
    What gob****e keeps robbing the yokes which make the keyboards sit up at an angle?

I only ever take one. At least I'm somewhat considerate

Ugh, fell asleep again after my alarm today, left the house 20min late and then missed TWO Luases (they were one after the other because that's bloody logical, right?) because the lights were red and I couldn't get across the road to run for it :mad:. And then realised I'd forgotten my mp3 player and would have to listen to everyone on the Luas talking rubbish for 35min. Utter failure of a morning...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

If you're on the DART and not plugged in, you hear people's life stories, it's so quiet if it stops in the middle of nowhere for a few minutes. I presume the LUAS is similar.

Motivation is not happening today.

Black Oil wrote: »
    If you're on the DART and not plugged in, you hear people's life stories, it's so quiet if it stops in the middle of nowhere for a few minutes. I presume the LUAS is similar.

Haha, no, the Luas is quite noisy at rush hour, tons of people all trying to talk over each other. And you get the junkies too. Last week, the guy behind me randomly burst into a song of his own creation, including the lyrics: "I smoooooke weed everydaaay, and it makes me haaaappy!"

• Advertisement

The library is not a place where you can stand around and have a chat... take your conversation outside ffs! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement