Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Larianne wrote: »
    Jonathan wrote: »
    Better choose the Beers ahead of everything else. :pac:

Yeah that too as well!! feck sake! :mad:

Sign Language and Badminton clash as does Dance and Tennis. :mad:
    As proposer of the Beers you must be present.

I've also yet to meet TCD's most prolific post reporter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jonathan wrote: »
    As proposer of the Beers you must be present.

I've also yet to meet TCD's most prolific post reporter
    :P

I am not!! :mad:

Oh actually, yah. :o Well I had to get your attention about this thread some how!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

One of my modules has mysteriously removed itself from my timetable ... completely. :( I want it back.

And I'm wrecked and I've only been in one day. Granted I finished at 7. And I finish at 7 tomorrow.

Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

First Taekwon-do lesson in three years - OUCH!!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

First Taekwon-do lesson in three years - OUCH!!!!!! :(

Ha na, tul, set, net!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Job will finish soon, can't complain...was expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 parmaviolet

Being pressured into being a peer tutor... leave me alooooone I can usually barely do my own work as it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

A certain lecturer is in waaaaaaay over their head. :pac:

Ha na, tul, set, net!

"Won Hyo Tul, sijak!"
    Me: "Eh... what?" *frantically copies others, always one step behind*

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Iceuil

Hate seats in goldsmith hall. The most horrible lecture theatre in college. Back pain is killing me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Iceuil wrote: »
    Hate seats in goldsmith hall. The most horrible lecture theatre in college. Back pain is killing me now.

I doubt it was ever meant to be a lecture hall. Awful place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

blubloblu wrote: »

I doubt it was ever meant to be a lecture hall. Awful place
    Try M20...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You're science right? Unfortunately you'll have to get used to it, you'll be there for most lectures...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

The rows in the Schrödinger Theatre are perfectly designed to cause as much discomfort as possible. They are meticulously engineered so that you just about can't write when you lean back and can't push your ass back in the seat so you can be comfortable when leaning over. The leg room is so extensive that I was digging out my hips from my chest when I got home yesterday.
    Way to keep us sharp during lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Can't do the Broad Curriculum I wanted, after attending the first lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Worriedgirl

I wish I had phrased "I'm sweating" a bit more eloquently :(. This is what I meant to say, "What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I wish I had phrased "I'm sweating" a bit more eloquently :(. This is what I meant to say, "What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance". :D

My sixth class teacher told us "Girls don't sweat, they GLOW!"

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Wish I had done Chemistry in second year. :(

Also, the seats in the Moyne main lecture hall are the worst I have experienced. At least goldsmith has a reasonable amount of desk space and the schrodinger has a little leg room :(

Furthermore!, one lecture kept us 15 minutes after the class ended, then the next lecturer canceled his class because we turned up late! *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Baza210 wrote: »
    Try M20...
    Lovely room for a 9 O clock. It's about 28 degrees, and JUST bright enough that you can see what's going on, but not enough for you to feel enough like staying awake. Mmm, I feel sleepy just thinking about it now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

NeuroCat wrote: »

Furthermore!, one lecture kept us 15 minutes after the class ended, then the next lecturer canceled his class because we turned up late! *sigh*

That was just awkward for all involved :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Craguls wrote: »
    That was just awkward for all involved :S

Very much so, loved the tutorial on Friday though, front row seats to the most understandable, compact tutition from a biochemist ever!! :D

Still not liking the Moyne at all, thank god I didn't end up in Microbiology...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

The Biology Teaching Centre deserve their own bitch about thread... They are just such disasters :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Dubs wrote: »
    The Biology Teaching Centre deserve their own bitch about thread... They are just such disasters :P
    I know right. Would it kill them to notify people when making big changes to their timetable? They seem to have switched me from an afternoon lab to a morning one overnight, if that lab was actually on today I'd be in trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

Some staff never reply to important emails or they reply after two weeks or so. Worse, when you go to see them in person they are having a cup of tea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The rows in the Schrödinger Theatre are perfectly designed to cause as much discomfort as possible. They are meticulously engineered so that you just about can't write when you lean back and can't push your ass back in the seat so you can be comfortable when leaning over. The leg room is so extensive that I was digging out my hips from my chest when I got home yesterday.
    Way to keep us sharp during lectures.

Yet they keep it so warm that you can't help drifting off despite the gross uncomfortableness. Just be thankful they put cushions on the seats. Back in my day it was even worse.

Incidentally, who's yer man up on the front of Trinity?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Incidentally, who's yer man up on the front of Trinity?
    fFdS8.jpg
    TCD Alumni wrote:
    Dublin Contemporary @ Trinity, the latest artwork in the ‘Casual Passer-By’ series by Yugoslavian born artist, Braco Dimitrijević will feature on the College Green face of Trinity College for the month of October.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150304620672478&set=pu.230536417477

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hmm.....looks ****

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I presumed it was someone who had died or something. That's supposed to be art? I could have done it myself tbh and it ruins the look of the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Yeah, at first I thought it was a practical joke. Then I walked up closer and saw that it was put up properly on the wall rather than just hanging out of the window, so I assumed it might have been a tribute to someone who died recently.
    Now I come on here to find out that more of these are gonna be scarring the face of TCD for the whole month - not art at all. Surprised the college agreed to this.

• Advertisement

It makes Front Arch look ridiculous... considering the college makes money from tourists, they're doing themselves no favours :S

*but if that means I can get to class without getting blocked by the tour groups.... :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement