Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Lollers....

Moan, Maths and Stats lecturs. I'm pretty sure that we did this stuff in school, and that the economics applications were covered last year, but with that accent...Oh well :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

&#231 wrote: »
    Its quite irritating when you go out door 36, go "oh shag, forgot something", turn around, and suddenly realise you have to go on this stupid roundabout way.
    have the 'little woman' pop down and let you in ? :p

Myth wrote:
    Boo to the new look ireland.com.
    it looks far better and more professional than the old one? nevermind a nicer interface :)

IzzyWizzy wrote:
    Insomnia sucks :( How can I make myself fall asleep before 4am without using sleeping pills or other substances?
    my sln to that has been hypnotic kinda sleeping music, works great though then i sleep too much(record is about 22hrs i think, with only waking up for max of 30secs a few times)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

har har very funny.

• Advertisement

with that hair Shane does look like an ugly girl or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Consolidated Moan:

Presentations, ALL books in a particular area being moved to Santry, presentations on same, 4 am fire alarms, not getting enough sleep, gross incompetency, people not getting the point, people being idiots, not having motivation to work on my dissertation and the alarmingly rapid growth of my cynicism and not-caring.

Phew. Don't you just love a bit of bile? :p

moan : msn seems to be b0rked for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Myth wrote:
    Boo to the new look ireland.com.
    Eugh! I much preferred the old one.

For Enda, I (Old ireland.com)RP(New ireland.com).

Consolidated Moan:

Presentations, ALL books in a particular area being moved to Santry

Incredibly, an e-mail is all it will take to get them back more than likely. Talk to Rob (at the ever present education@tcdsu.org address) about it as the subject librarians are normally very helpful about these type of things.

• Advertisement

er donal shouldn't you be teaching?

Was finished by around 20 to.

did you start the mathematica?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

mathematica ftw - so ****ing easy.

Yep, they finished assignment a.

haha good stuff, yeah they don't get any harder either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Biology MCQ tomorrow and all Campbells are gone out of the library. Is there no justice in this world.
    I wonder if doing all the questions in Schaum's 3000 biology problems relevant to the course will be enough? Or does Campbell have some tricks up his sleeve? Also, are the MCQs on both the biology lectures and the tutorial or just one or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Fecking open Trinity Campus. Píss off rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Open as in without a roof? Are there many closed campuses? Umbrellas are quite useful devices you realise.

Only thing I don't like about em is the little ones are too flimsy and/or feminine. The big proper ones are just a pain to carry around.
    They should make one that's about 40cm long, fits in the mála and somehow not so flimsy.

I think the 'underfoot wetness' is the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wet cobblestones + flat shoes = dangerous times for unbalanced roro. Back to the wintertime Docs methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

i don't like people that use umbrellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

gymrabbit wrote:
    i don't like people that use umbrellas.

Bah! Short people with umbrellas are the absolute worst part of a wet day! It's like they're trying to poke me in the face with their umbrellas - I actually got hit around the belly-button yesterday by a particularly tiny person trying to walk down Grafton St. with a comically oversized golf umbrella. The bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

For the past few days, I keep waking up really early (after only about 5-6 hours sleep), so I get really tired after about 4pm and can't concentrate. It's really worrying. And I woke up at 0430 this morning and have been awake ever since. :confused:

Rant at Ibid: Red stars are hawter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I've never understood umbrellas - what's the point? They get in everyone's way in the street, poke people in the eye and they don't even work, sure you get wet anyway. If it's at all windy, they blow inside out and you look a complete idiot. And then you end up with a soggy, cold, wet umbrella you don't know what to do with all day. It's easier not to bother with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Umbrellas keep me dry. Maybe you're holding it upside-down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

LOL nope. Well for me the worst thing about rain is it soaking into the bottom of my jeans and into my shoes and an umbrella doesn't stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That is annoying but if you're as lightfooted as an elf like I am then it's no bother :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Myth wrote:
    Rant at Ibid: Red stars are hawter.
    Quite possibly, but I'm trying out being bold for a while. It's just a phase.

I still lean to the right a little though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement