Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Pet wrote:
    "What are you gonna do with your LIFE!?"

I wish I knew. I also wish I could make a ****ing decision for once. This or that. This or that. I chose that. I now want to go back to "this". Maybe the grass is just always greener? But why do I need "this" to validate my intelligence? Surely "that" is just as good, if not better? Swallowing and accepting vs thinking and deliberation. Qualification vs fun. The paths not chosen, the possible regret of going right rather than left.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

Try being in final year and getting the panic (since lecturers are telling you to go for interviews NOW!). Engineering? Moi?

Incidentally, does anyone know what they wish to do or am I correct in assuming that the fun lies in the journey to find out what you want to do, even if it takes 50 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'm not sure that ever goes away donal...hasn't for me yet anyhoo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

I'm glad we got some closure on the europerson/girlfriend issue. When can we expect to see the sex tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

After repeated warnings about our kitchen being a mess we're now being threatened with a fine which they're apparently serious about. As if it wasn't annoying enough that one person takes over the kitchen and makes 95% of the mess, and that I have to wash my dishes before using them because someone has left them dirty, I now also get fined for the pleasure? Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

IzzyWizzy wrote:
    After repeated warnings about our kitchen being a mess we're now being threatened with a fine which they're apparently serious about. As if it wasn't annoying enough that one person takes over the kitchen and makes 95% of the mess, and that I have to wash my dishes before using them because someone has left them dirty, I now also get fined for the pleasure? Great!
    Some finger pointing is in order, I think. Possibly followed by some wallet liberation. Further followed by free drinks (after you've paid the fine, duh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Intervention time Izzy, give em a right talkin' to :) - also, its times like these i'm glad that I have my own kitchen.

see, now i'm intrigued as to who it is - or maybe its just me making a mess in your kitchen then coming back down to mine - muhahaha

haha i bet its shane

see, now i'm intrigued as to who it is - or maybe its just me making a mess in your kitchen then coming back down to mine - muhahaha

And I can't get into your kitchen to get you back !! Nope it's not you - although someone has been stealing my soy sauce and ketchup lately....hmmmm :p

Got plenty of ketchup anyhow these days ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sausy.....

it had to be done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Hours just spent lying in bed: seven

Hours spent actually asleep : zero

Boy am I feckin irregular when it comes to sleep. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Myth wrote:

Incidentally, does anyone know what they wish to do or am I correct in assuming that the fun lies in the journey to find out what you want to do, even if it takes 50 years?
    I had one idea when I was starting the masters, I've changed it a fair amount since then and now that I'm past halfway through I'm sometimes debating chucking the whole thing in entirely and switching careers :D
    don't worry, it's normal...

I hope...

Some ****er set off the firealarm at half four. Lucky that I was still up reading but STILL.

It was the guy next to me - again. Has he not heard of an extractor fan ffs :rolleyes:
    I had only just got to sleep at 4, and then after that I couldn't get to sleep until about 7. Overslept then and missed my morning classes, and a meeting with my head of department. :mad:

geez your floor is always causing problems...should be all fined... ;)

&#231 wrote: »
    Some ****er set off the firealarm at half four. Lucky that I was still up reading but STILL.

I hate your house! Always getting us roused out of bed at ungodly hours..

Esp as the main fire alarm is about 10 feet away from my door..

Bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Someone changed the lock to the Physoc room without telling anyone on the committee. We discover this with just an hour to go until the talk on nanotubes. It had to have been done today because tonight's booze was stashed in there yesterday. Which meant we couldn't get any of our reception goodies.

After running all over campus, talking to several security personnel, I finally left my number with the guys near the theatre.

I return to the room find a rather angry crowd awaiting free refreshments and getting angrier. Get a phone call saying the building manager (or someone to that effect) would be along in 10 mins. Disperse crowd. 25 mins later I ring security, wondering what the story is. And here comes the rant.

I was told that no one would be coming out to us. The locks were changed for a reason, it seems. He starts asking questions about this mysterious 'Physoc'. Where did you get a key? How long have you been using the room. I answer all his questions, and ask him one: are you accusing us of squatting? He replies: well, thats just the thing. You can take it up with the buildings officer tomorrow. I said I would and hung up.

More refreshments were bought, so no problem there.

Still, I'm extremely indignant. He accused me of illegally using the room. They wouldn't even send someone out to explain or even survey the problem. Honestly. Why would I go to security for help if I was abusing a room on campus?

This is just a big pain in the hole. I'm going to give them absolute hell tomorrow.

An absolutely hackish rant, but if I have one more problem with another one of my events I'm going to start hurting small animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tacitha

Where's the room? Not house six?

it's in the hamilton near the maths library i think

Thanks - I just heard of trouble with keys in 6.
    Good luck with the Buildings office - it's a very powerful institution.

• Advertisement

Tacitha wrote:
    Thanks - I just heard of trouble with keys in 6.
    Good luck with the Buildings office - it's a very powerful institution.

lol you make them sound like they're involved with the mafia.

Good.

Insomnia sucks :( How can I make myself fall asleep before 4am without using sleeping pills or other substances?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i was woken up by a Firework hitting my window.

****ing travelers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

This is just a big pain in the hole. I'm going to give them absolute hell tomorrow.
    Ooh, that will be fun. One simply can't beat a could argument with bureaucracy.
    An absolutely hackish rant, but if I have one more problem with another one of my events I'm going to start hurting small animals.
    <I run away.>

I detest buildings. were talking to accomodation to try and get our keys fixed so we can get in house 36, and a locksmith is sent over while we're out

when we return, there was a post-it on the door saying "Your key will work in door 37 - locksmith".

I knew it worked in door 37. how the **** else had I been getting into my apartment? through the ****ing window? This is the billionth time i've complained about this and they're just such plonkers.

Boo to the new look ireland.com.

&#231 wrote: »
    I detest buildings. were talking to accomodation to try and get our keys fixed so we can get in house 36, and a locksmith is sent over while we're out

when we return, there was a post-it on the door saying "Your key will work in door 37 - locksmith".

I knew it worked in door 37. how the **** else had I been getting into my apartment? through the ****ing window? This is the billionth time i've complained about this and they're just such plonkers.
    because that walk from house 37 to house 36 is just so damn far?

Its quite irritating when you go out door 36, go "oh shag, forgot something", turn around, and suddenly realise you have to go on this stupid roundabout way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

IzzyWizzy wrote:
    Insomnia sucks :( How can I make myself fall asleep before 4am without using sleeping pills or other substances?

I feel your pain. I really do. I find that the only thing that will get me to sleep by a reasonable time is alcohol, and plenty of it. This encourages me to go out an awful lot, which is going to eventually leave me with bankruptcy and a drink habit. Maybe I should give sleeping pills a go....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement