Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Another good delivery from Ehobby.

Got stung for €30 VAt, but sure worth it.

The quality of the magpul bits I got is sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

do the customs sometimes don't catch you with the vat? also how do i pick the cheaper shipping on Ehobbyasia, when im in checkout there is only the ems one. or is that the only shipping available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

vlad2009 wrote: »
    do the customs sometimes don't catch you with the vat?

If it's shipped via EMS/air mail/standard post theres a chance it might not get assessed for VAT. If it ships via one of the courier companies like UPS, TNT, Fedex etc. its guaranteed to get stopped for VAT and duty, and you'll also get hit for an administration fee by them.

administration fee?

Shiva wrote: »
    If it's shipped via EMS/air mail/standard post theres a chance it might not get assessed for VAT. If it ships via one of the courier companies like UPS, TNT, Fedex etc. its guaranteed to get stopped for VAT and duty, and you'll also get hit for an administration fee by them.

Yup, thats what happend to me ;)

• Advertisement

so is the Express Service the only shipping i can get from ehobby? how do i change who ships or the shipping service?

so is the Express Service the only shipping i can get from ehobby? how do i change who ships or the shipping service?

If its a small non-gun item it should default to EMS, which is the cheapest.
    If its a lrger item, or a number of items, and again, non-gun, then it usually gives an option between EMS and UPS, EMS being slightly cheaper and slightly slower.

If theres a gun or launcher, its UPS, and you cant change it. What are you trying to order ?

The administration fee is a handy €13.50 charge UPS, TNT, Fedex etc throw on top of the charges you'll incur for VAT and duty. They charge you that because they've been kind enough to process the paperwork involved in clearing your purchase through customs. So, naturally, its in their interest to put everything through customs for assessment, because they make a nice fat fee on top of the shipping fee they've already been paid.

Its absolutely scandalous when you really look at what they get up to.

For example...I can order up to 30KG of goods from, say Germany, and only pay €17.50 shipping. Try sending 30KG to Germany from here and you'll be in for a very rude awaking :)

im trying to order a sniper rifle and the express shipping is the only option. :(

Just an update on these guys.....

I've used them a bit in the past for sourcing special orders for folks, and never had any trouble. Last three orders however, over the space of a couple of months, have had the same issues as Doc and Moggy - they quote you a price and take payment, then hit you for extra payment to upgrade the shipping.

No real problem with that, because the stuff usually arrived ok a few weeks later...

This time though, I ordered a GBB MP5 for someone, and it was in an awful state when it got here.

- They packed it in a plastic fishing rod box - theres no sign of the original packing
    - the magazine is covered in scratches and is leaking badly
    - The flashhider is broken and cannot be attached to the gun
    - The cocking lever is broken.

Its obviously secondhand. Pretty disappointed, because normally they're pretty good - hopefully they'll sort this out.

Follow up on this issue with Panda Airsoft

These **** accused me of breaking the gun when it arrived, and refused to do anything about it. Point blank refused - I even asked them just to send the parts and I could get Richie to fix it, but they refused.

When I made a Paypal claim, they said they offered me the parts and that I was being unreasonable. I escalated the claim, and its taken Paypal this long to come back and say I can have the refund if I send the goods back.

Its going to cost me about 80 quid to ship them back to Hong Kong, so I'll only get back about half what I spent on this piece of **** gun. Absolute shower of pricks to deal with.

I realise a lot of people have dealt with them and found them great, and even I have - I've ordered a lot of Partner Products from them in the past with no hassle. But the real sign of a good company is how they treat you when something goes wrong, and these pricks have shown themselves to be useless thieving bastards.

I think the only two HK companies I know of who have good customer service when things go bad are RSov and Redwolf. Even eHobby arent great, and I deal with them more than anyone. You wouldn't believe the amount of business I've done with them over the past 12 months, and just two weeks ago I had some problems with MAG brand AK mags and they're dragging their feet about doing anything about it.

im trying to order a sniper rifle and the express shipping is the only option. :(

Yeah, that'd be UPS - they wont offer EMS because EMS have a policy of not shipping airsoft guns.

(Although some retailers do it and sometimes get away with it)

• Advertisement

Yeah, that'd be UPS - they wont offer EMS because EMS have a policy of not shipping airsoft guns.

(Although some retailers do it and sometimes get away with it)

ok, thanks for the for all the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smallbike

hey all,

just wondering if anybody has heard of, or ever dealt with this site.

any stories good or bad welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Would highly recommend http://stores.ebay.ie/sharker309 for molle gear and vests. Their gear is 1000D and is on par with some of my pantac gear. Each additional item i got had free shipping, you only pay for the shipping cost of the heaviest item. I ordered on a Sunday and had the following Friday despite coming from Japan with current circumstances. If its not on the store they can get anything off www.flyye.com for you in an option of 6 colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Just bought a laylax mp7 silencer adaptor from Den Trinity Shop.
    Been looking for one for ages. Never appear to be in stock anywhere (WGC, ehobbyasia, RSOV, Firesupport...)

The shipping was quick and the communications were excellent - all emails answered within 12 hours.
    They seem to have stock of some other harder to find bits too...

I will use them again anyway.

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

any body use these fella's before?

http://www.scopeandlaser.com/

moggser wrote: »
    any body use these fella's before?

http://www.scopeandlaser.com/

Ive gotten some pantac gear off them before. Had no hassle from what i recall

Just got BDU and some other stuff off http://hwesta.eu/
    Great retailer for Helikon gear with good communication and great prices. Shipping to ireland was €11 ups for first item and and extra €1 for each extra item, only took 2-3 days aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Just got BDU and some other stuff off http://hwesta.eu/
    Great retailer for Helikon gear with good communication and great prices. Shipping to ireland was €11 ups for first item and and extra €1 for each extra item, only took 2-3 days aswell.

they are great to deal with and excellent prices even with shipping.

Aright folks,

In the hunt for kneepads of good quality and a tightbore M4 barrell, and also some M4 MAG Midcaps.

Where can I order these to have them with me in hand before the weekend of the 22nd of April.

Preferably Irish retailer, if not abroad is coolio.

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭zombiehunter

TheDoc wrote: »
    Aright folks,

In the hunt for kneepads of good quality and a tightbore M4 barrell, and also some M4 MAG Midcaps.

Where can I order these to have them with me in hand before the weekend of the 22nd of April.

Preferably Irish retailer, if not abroad is coolio.

<3

South East Airsoft have some m4 mid caps in stock. 100rds and 130rds.
    http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=814&sub=64&subcat=MAG%20Mid%20Capacity%20Magazines

http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=698&sub=64&subcat=MAG%20Mid%20Capacity%20Magazines

• Advertisement

Cheers man, can you do me a favour, no access in work, what price they at including shipping and are they the MAG brand?

Thanks

Says on the site the 100rds are sold out. But the 130rds are still there. It's an 8 pack of abs material. Costs E69.95 With Shipping it's E77.57. Doesn't say what brand they are though.

Says on the site the 100rds are sold out. But the 130rds are still there. It's an 8 pack of abs material. Costs E69.95 With Shipping it's E77.57. Doesn't say what brand they are though.

Cheers pal, think I'll pass on that, no brand and seriously pricey :O Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

TheDoc wrote: »
    Cheers pal, think I'll pass on that, no brand and seriously pricey :O Cheers though
    They are MAG brand.

Ah crap! Read that wrong. Sorry about that Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Anyone bought from these guys?

http://www.binocularsmart.com

This is an allegedly authentic PSO-1 scope AKM series for $119? Seems too good to be true, no?

http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes/ak-akm-rifle-scopes-pso-1.shtml

Anyone any thoughts/experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

di11on wrote: »
    Anyone bought from these guys?

http://www.binocularsmart.com

This is an allegedly authentic PSO-1 scope AKM series for $119? Seems too good to be true, no?

http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes/ak-akm-rifle-scopes-pso-1.shtml

Anyone any thoughts/experience?

Avoid like the plague. They have been shut down for around two years but their site still charges credit cards. Try Eastwave or Kalinka Optics instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Avoid like the plague. They have been shut down for around two years but their site still charges credit cards. Try Eastwave or Kalinka Optics instead.

Thanks, man, valuable intel!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Hi all.
    I thought I’d ask all you good airsofters what you think of this problem I am having at the moment.

I ordered a pistol from <INSERT SHOP HERE> back in early July 2010 and I was told it would take a few weeks for it to arrive. I didn’t have a problem with this as I was in no hurry for it then. I was hoping to have it for a birthday present (the pistol is a Maruzen PPK boxed set) and the person is a big James Bond fan.

In December, still no sign, I visited the store in person and was told by the owner/manager that he know nothing of the order put through in the previous July, but he said he would sort it out. But seeing as it was December, he couldn’t do anything until the new year. Again this was okay with me, after all I was left waiting for so long, whats another week or two.

Since January I have tried ringing this shop only to be told that it’s another shop’s problem. so I ring them and ask to speak to the owner/manager. Every time he is either out, on a phonecall or promises to ring me back.

I am still waiting.

I’m getting really p***ed off at this stage and I don’t know if I should take it further i.e. solicitors letter.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Gar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Have you paid for it and what payment method did you use?

Advertisement