Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Sorry about the delay.
    Yes. I have paid for it and it was by laser card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Write to the retailer, giving them a set time to fulfil the order or get a full refund. Tell them that failure to act will result in Small Claims Court for the recovery of your money. Send it by registered post.
    You could also point out this thread to them as well or if they have a thread on here you could ask them on it to fulfil the contract for a pistol.

I am assuming you still have the necessary paperwork( bank Statement) showing a transaction occured.
    You could also contact your bank and see if they can help, but given the amount of time, I would doubt it.

Citizens Advice might be worth a visit.

I am not a legal person but good luck with the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

GarH wrote: »
    I’m getting really p***ed off at this stage and I don’t know if I should take it further i.e. solicitors letter.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Gar

Hi Gar,

If you bought it online, over the phone etc, you need to read the below:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

If it was an instore purchase:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

They will be able to advise you over the phone too.
    Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Hi Gar,

If you bought it online, over the phone etc, you need to read the below:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

If it was an instore purchase:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

They will be able to advise you over the phone too.
    Best of luck. :)

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Have to recommend these guys , ordered on Saturday and it shipped yesterday. I had a slight problem with the order as my shipping address was wrong or something but they emailed me Monday morning and I replied with the correct address. One hour later I got an email saying it was shipped.

Great service and lightning fast shipping in my opinion . +1 for these guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭chris20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

chris20 wrote: »
    :D
    good way to get discount ......
    airsoft-aff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭chris20

whydave wrote: »
    :D
    good way to get discount ......
    airsoft-aff.jpg

would you belive i never scrolled down that far haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Anyone had dealings with www.galwayairsoftsupplies.com before? Thinking of getting an M16 off them but I hadn't heard of this site until less than a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Just had a dealing with http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/default.asp?page=gun for the first time, and I am very impressed.

I had been looking for an L85 rail adapter for ages, and found they had one in stock. I was a little dubious ordering it, as their paypal system is a bit strange (you place the order, a day or two later they send you a request) but, low and behold 5 days after paying for it it is currently sitting on my desk waiting to be filed down :)

Will definitely deal with the again in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bought some bits from airsoftclub, the muppets sent them in two separate packages without telling me, until I emailed them. Still waiting on package two (a VLTOR stock)

Found it nearly impossible to get a straight answer from MIA about whether or not an item was in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Anyone had dealings with www.galwayairsoftsupplies.com before? Thinking of getting an M16 off them but I hadn't heard of this site until less than a week ago.

Gerry is sound in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Found it nearly impossible to get a straight answer from MIA about whether or not an item was in stock.

I recently inquired about an item in the coming soon section.
    They responded the next day and with the info I was looking for, but I did e-mail them directly through their site.

They responded the next day and with the info I was looking for, but I did e-mail them directly through their site

But then again it was a different type of inquiry to yours.

richieffff wrote: »
    They responded the next day and with the info I was looking for, but I did e-mail them directly through their site

But then again it was a different type of inquiry to yours.

I both e-mailed them directly and rang them a few times because I was confused. The website said in, the employee said out. Three days later, the website still said in so I checked with them again. Nope, still out. Next day, I rang to find out if they knew when they'd be back and was told they were in all of a sudden. Went to the website to order and was told by the website it was out. Rang back to ask them how I got around this and found they'd apparently sold the lot in the two minutes between the two phone calls...

Put me off MIA completely.

Now that is a lot of bull that was happening right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Bought some bits from airsoftclub, the muppets sent them in two separate packages without telling me, until I emailed them. Still waiting on package two (a VLTOR stock)

Update on this: Still no sign of the second package. I em-ailed them and got this reply:
    Hello,
    Sorry for that
    since the Stock (AS2677 ) was out of stock before and it is back in stock yesterday and we have sent out the item to you at once it is on the way to you shipment usually takes 10 - 14 working days
    regards

I then asked for a tracking number for this supposed new package and was told the following:
    Hello,
    Sorry for no tracking number is provided since we send item with standard airmail in Hong Kong Post
    regards

So essentially, the first package had a tracking number and now this special new package doesn't? Suuure.

In the end I had to take it to Paypal court and make a claim for 36 euro (My stock plus shipping) as I was reaching the 45day limit and still no goods. They refunded me my cash but I doubt I'll use them again after all this bollocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Flecktarn.co.uk usually ship to Ireland in 3 days yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Flecktarn.co.uk usually ship to Ireland in 3 days yes?

normally yes, very fast at handing it to the courier but the company's that handle delivery at this end can be slow

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    normally yes, very fast at handing it to the courier but the company's that handle delivery at this end can be slow
    Hmmm should I risk it? Think I'd have it for the weekend?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Hmmm should I risk it? Think I'd have it for the weekend?

I ordered stuff last tuesday and I got it on the thursday :). Gonna order a few more bits tonight and I'm pretty confident I'll have it for the weekend.

Edit: While I'm here, whats the usual delivery time for ehobby? (I chose the express delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,432 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

KonFusion wrote: »
    I ordered stuff last tuesday and I got it on the thursday :). Gonna order a few more bits tonight and I'm pretty confident I'll have it for the weekend.

Edit: While I'm here, whats the usual delivery time for ehobby? (I chose the express delivery)

Ordered a pack of midcaps about three weeks back. Paid for them Sunday and got them early Thursday. Hope that's some good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Had a very bad experience with them and definitely wouldn't ever buy anything there again.

Ordered a product in May which was "In stock" except it wasn't, was told it would be instock by the end of the week - it wasn't.

They said they would refund my order that day on paypal - they didn't.

Kept ringing once a week to see if I could get a credit note or pick products to the value of what I ordered.

After 5 weeks I got a call back and told that the "original" item was posted to me but with "no tracking". This just didn't ring true to me.

Owner offered to let me pick something of a lesser value(to cover the P&P) so I did and he said he'd send it out.

A few days later an item similar, but not what i had asked for as a replacement, arrived. It had been bent in two to fit it into an envelope and broken.

Cut my losses then and would recommend going anywhere else

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Anybody have any experience they'd like to comment on with airsoftkings.ie ?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

KonFusion wrote: »
    Anybody have any experience they'd like to comment on with airsoftkings.ie ?

:)

One of they guys here in the office ordered a gun from the website but it was out of stock. When they couldn't get it in in time for his deadline they refunded his money no problem.

Seem like a genuine bunch of guys but maybe mail them before buying anything to check if they have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

I know several members recommend batteries/chargers/components from RC hobby suppliers, and I've used Component-Shop myself in the past and unreservedly recommend them. However, the biggest range of LiPos that I've yet seen is on the HobbyKing site. While the vast majority of the batteries are aimed at the RC market they do have some airsoft-specific products. I decided to order a couple of LiPos to see what they are like, the items being Turnigy Nano-Tech stock tube LiPos. The main specs are standard enough, 7.4v 1300mAh, but the big difference is in the C-rating, these are rated 25-50C (25C continuous, up to 50C burst) which means the trigger response should be nice & snappy. The best part of the whole deal though was the price, I got 2 LiPos delivered to the door for $20. OK, they took 12 days (8 business days) to get here but at that price I'm not going to complain.

I will let you know how I get on with them but Turnigy are a recognised brand in the LiPoly market so I don't expect any issues. Check out HobbyKing if you're in the market for some LiPos.

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    One of they guys here in the office ordered a gun from the website but it was out of stock. When they couldn't get it in in time for his deadline they refunded his money no problem.

Seem like a genuine bunch of guys but maybe mail them before buying anything to check if they have it in stock.

Thanks for the info. :)

Do you know if the prices on the site are accurate? Some are so good that I'm wondering what the catch is :P

Decoy wrote: »
    block of text

Yeah - those lipos are frickin' sweet. Turnigy are a great brand, I've one myself I pilfered off Cha :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damaskinos

<snip>

Advertisement