Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dcx122

ive ordered from wolf but it was only gas and bbs. there delivery prices are a bit on the ridiculus side. i think shipping for 3 bottles of gas and 2 bottles of bbs was about 30 sterling. i also ordered from ehobby and the package was about the same size but a little lighter and that was only 25 euro.

as for the orange tip, you dont have to worry about them and out of all the people here that have ordered from ehobby i dont think anyone has been charged customs tax.

delivery time from wolf is about 3 days and from ehobby its about 5.

personally the only reason i ordered from wolf is that they had a deal on for gas and you cant buy gas from hong kong or america cos it would take too long to get here because you cant send it airmail.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Another question, un company do the option of showing a lower value on the invoice to avoid customs, what is the max value before you are charged? Does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

According to the Tax office its 40 or at least thats what they told me, I wouldnt recommend asking them to mark a lower value though, Its illegal and if you were unluckly enough to get caught you could be looking at a pretty hefty fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

So then how is the duty charged and when?
    Anyone with experience with uncompany? Is it the same story with e-hobby?
    I've not imported before or ordered by post so am hesitant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

well, I only buy from ehobby now. And as far as i know, you wont be charged VAT. I have 4 orders from them with none. N.O.I.P has a couple. Scope has about 6. So bets are it's pretty safe ;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Actually I'm going to have to shut up about the no Ehobby VAT. Must be stupid mentioning that online. From now on everyone keep it to yourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Got a Can of Abbey Ultra Gas from http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/ €21.30 with shipping. Ordered 19th, shipped 21st, recieved it today. Not bad for the time of the year, only thing is they sent it airmail?????????.

Master of the Universe

They sent it by air? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

ok that took me a few seconds, at first iwas thinking "it took that long for airmail?" then i thought "wait, did he pay for airmail?" and then my eyelids hit the floor and ceiling and i thought "THEY SENT A PRESSURISED CANNISTER BY AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Master of the Universe

Ah well, it got here in one piece. So did the plane. ;)
    Speaking of gas, I really need some to test if my mac 11 is actually working or not. hmmm. Must remember to avoid that shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Hauk wrote:
    I have to recommed UNCompany and Fire-Support. Frank and John over at Fire-Support are two of the coolest guys ever, and even help me fix my pistol when I was having trouble with it. UNCompany have been great to me too. I ordered $375 worth of airsoft stuff about a month ago, and received everything fine. And I now have an MP7, a box of low cap mags, and a precision barrel on their way from them, which came to $316 shipped.

Hope that helps people :)

Hauk

JUst order the TM-NBB-MK23 Marui MK23 non blow back from Fire-support.co.uk. And i have to say i emailed them beforehand. they replied fast, they where very helpful. In terms of service so far these guys are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

are there any retailers in ireland now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Fire-Support.co.uk.

Ordered my gun after opening times last friday, yet i still emailed them ( as i'm impaitent ). Got a repsonse when i woke up Saturday morning, saying my order will be processed Monday and would take 3-4 days to reach me.

Order was processed monday evening, got my gun wednesday moring at 11am, excellent delievery, eveything working, and i got my gas too :D

edit: oh the gun was a TM Socom MK23 GBB. I'll be posting a review of it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

hmm 2 day delivery sweet I wonder if they have anything I want, ack must control it can't afford to just buy random guns :D

Why not?

Master of the Universe

Fire-Support.co.uk.

Ordered my gun after opening times last friday, yet i still emailed them ( as i'm impaitent ). Got a repsonse when i woke up Saturday morning, saying my order will be processed Monday and would take 3-4 days to reach me.

Order was processed monday evening, got my gun wednesday moring at 11am, excellent delievery, eveything working, and i got my gas too :D

edit: oh the gun was a TM Socom MK23 GBB. I'll be posting a review of it later.

You got your gun? yaaaaaaay! Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭whufee

http://www.wargameclub.com/
    i checked prices, not too bad, but never heard it be4.....any1 know this website?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm looking to buy a high quality P90 and G36C. I have pinned them down to the TM G36C and P90 but I can't pick which P90 to get.

Either the standard TM P90 with the built in sight and one rail on the right side or get the tripple rail P90 which has no sights at all but you get a suppressor with it.

I have been looking at wolfarmouries and ehobby to buy from, wolf do good AEG starter packs and all but who do you recommend is the best to buy from that will deliver to the ROI.

Also can anyone recommend any good holo-graphic 1x sights and green laser?

Thanks for the help.

Master of the Universe

Buy from wolf, you'll be ripped off. Seriously, steer clear from them. Their prices are insane. Ehobby are kings among men :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, this will be my first AEG or true airsoft for that matter. All I have is a NBB P99 I bought in the North a year ago on a street stand:D.

When buying an AEG how do you know which batteries and chargers to buy. I see there is an issue with the MP7, it comes with a 110 charger and you need to get a 220 converter.

Master of the Universe

On ehobby, under specification of the gun, it'll say something like

Power Source - 8.4v LARGE Type up to 3300mAh Capacity

So you just want to figure out what size the battery is, in this case it's large.

Looking at the mp7, It already comes with a Marui 7.2v Micro EX Rechargeable Battery. So you Don't need to worry about that. I'm not sure about the charger that comes with it to be honest. I know ehobby sent out an Irish three prong one to me. I don't know if they'd change the one that comes with that package or not.

Try UNCompany aswell. they do the full package deals with batteries and charger and extra mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

dont think its been posted but new branch in th uk

http://www.airsoftskirmish.co.uk/

Master of the Universe

Skatedude wrote:
    dont think its been posted but new branch in th uk

http://www.airsoftskirmish.co.uk/

Interesting. I wonder what their prices will be like.

When buying from ehobbyasia, what do you put in for the cost of postage. It only lists US shipping prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

I've used this store a few time without any trouble.
    http://www.campobase.com/eShop/Language.html
    I bought my CA M15A4 Carbine, 2 TM lo-caps and a large TM speedloader. The prices seem pretty good and the shipping is fast.

Master of the Universe

When buying from ehobbyasia, what do you put in for the cost of postage. It only lists US shipping prices?

They'll email you with an invoice listing a total price for all items including postage.

It's too late anyway, I took a guess and ended up paying around 15 Euro more than I needed to for postage.

My KJW GBB P226 is on the way, should have it mid next week, I am hoping customs don't hit me.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Same here i put in an order on Friday and got impatient so just payed up.

so im waiting for 4 orders from different ppl :/

Advertisement