Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

howdie folks

im a complete newcomer to this forum, but ive a huge interest in firearms, replicas etc, just a weird hobby of mine.

Just wondering is there places around dublin to look at airsoft weapons etc?

and what price are we talking

im a big ebay customer and the products on there are ridiculously cheap for what im looking for, its not competitive play etc its more a collection

but they dont ship to ireland

examples would be pistols from 5€ and rifles from 20€

i have heard of irish colectors paying in the hundreds, for what i see on ebay for nothing

is this true?
    are you guys paying big bucks for your equipment?

cheers

yeah there are walk in stores in dublin, MIA in blancherstown and eirsoft in broombridge.

and about the big bucks paid for equipment, generally if your serious about

airsoft, you'll pay well for good equipment.

you would get a good rifle for €140 eg CA m15 sportsline

and a good pistol from €80

any pistol for €5 wouldnt last you 5 shots, i paid 110 for my 1911 and it was

worth it

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Just wondering is there places around dublin to look at airsoft weapons etc?

Airsoft guns ain't weapons mate:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Airsoft_Command

Hi

This will be my last post on www.boards.ie

I came to the site this morning to talk about a sport that I am involved in.

It is a sport that has certain difficulties attached to finding the right supplies in my local area.

I wouldn't normally purchase products from an Internet website as most of the Irish Suppliers do not provide a telephone contact on their websites.

I have also been forced into driving half way across the city only to find that the "Main Suppliers" are closed or just don't have the stock.

I opened a thread to discuss a new outlet, a walk in shop that I found in my locality and was promptly jumped on.

This forum is obviously the same as most other Irish Businesses, a cartel and a closed shop. Keep the vested interests happy at all costs.

As this site is more interested in it's own commercial concerns as opposed to the sport itself.

I will speak to my local teams about setting up an online Forum that represents us.

I will also continue to support my local vendor who has taken the time and effort to provide a walk in store in my locality. I can tell from the replies to the thread that I created that the online vendors who have not bothered to open an actual retail outlet for the benefit of local people are concerned as it will affect their little monopoly.

The store that I mentioned has had sustained media coverage over the last few weeks nationwide as a result of actions taken by Senator Liz Mac Manus. It's no suprise that people are now finding out that they are there.

Over and Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

OMG! Forum not dedicated place for advertisement!

Shocked, truly disappointed with boards, bad lemming, bad.

TBH you sounded like a bloody bad infomercial, and it reeked of shilling, with the indication that we were all thick enough to fall for it.

You weren't jumped on, you were informed of the rules, everyones rules.

Good luck with the new forum by the way, look forward to seeing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

yeah and who spoke up for them on the radio
    hivemind187 with many many postsa on this board

i would advise that you hang around its a valuable resourse this place even if its run with a my way or the highway attitude

i can see both sides of the posts yer upset by and i would ask you again to stay as this seems to be the place to grow the airsoft community

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Airsoft Command , do you have any connection with the store in question?
    Why was your first post in the IAS thread?

I can see (hopefully) all these posts being deleted (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

this is not the place for this discussion

Airsoft Command: I locked your thread because frankly, it read like advertising blurb, if you wish to discuss it further, pm me

Edit: i'd just like to point something out here:
    This forum is obviously the same as most other Irish Businesses, a cartel and a closed shop. Keep the vested interests happy at all costs.
    nobody here, boards.ie or myself or any of the other moderators, have a vested interest in any of the retailers which post here, any retailer is welcome to post here, once they do it in the correct manner

Back on-topic gents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I can tell from the replies to the thread that I created that the online vendors who have not bothered to open an actual retail outlet for the benefit of local people are concerned as it will affect their little monopoly.

As I'm the only "online vendor" who replied, I presume you mean me.
    As it happens, I do have an outlet, and I welcome any and all new retailers to the scene - the better the choice, the more the sport takes off, and the more business it generates for us all. Simple economics.

What I don't respect or welcome is a complete lack of respect and regard for your colleagues in the same business, and your future customers, and its a trend that's becoming more evident of late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

As an on-topic question has anybody bought anything from gotactical yet?
    The prices seem high but whats the customer service/delivery times like?

kdouglas wrote: »
    this is not the place for this discussion

Airsoft Command: I locked your thread because frankly, it read like advertising blurb, if you wish to discuss it further, pm me

Back on-topic gents

Apologies Keith...posted before I read your post.

• Advertisement

Order arrived from redwolf, lovely shiny 6.03 barrel + bits and bobs.

I have to say, I like them, helped me with my paypal error too, and great selection, on par with WGC and DenTrinity, for rarer gear.

Customs took most of the time, 1 week to get through, so a big backlog lately with them.

Also made an order from Cobra, they think we have a vcra here, at least inquired to that effect, hope to god they got my reply before they bastardize my luger into a luminous disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Has anybody here ordered anything from http://www.fire-support.co.uk/ ? I went through adding stuff to my cart, went to the check-out (without go through the credit card process, I just wanted to see the shipping price), closed the window and now it seems to be an order in progress!

I've since decided that it's no bad thing if it goes through, but it still seems a bit trigger happy, since I didn't actually confirm the order. Hmm...

*facepalm*

Cobra send my fcuking luger to Iceland.

Motosam wrote: »
    *facepalm*

Cobra send my fcuking luger to Iceland.

Ahh well..they were only out by one letter :)

Shiva wrote: »
    Ahh well..they were only out by one letter :)

One letter and a few hundred miles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Skobyonekenobi

I saw this on the breaking news website today.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojeyidgbql/

Is this what you lot are talking about? Imitation guns

Where do I sign up?

I saw this on the breaking news website today.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojeyidgbql/

Is this what you lot are talking about? Imitation guns

Where do I sign up?

this is a serious sport you know that right?

are you aware of the rules etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Has anybody here ordered anything from http://www.fire-support.co.uk/ ? I went through adding stuff to my cart, went to the check-out (without go through the credit card process, I just wanted to see the shipping price), closed the window and now it seems to be an order in progress!

I've since decided that it's no bad thing if it goes through, but it still seems a bit trigger happy, since I didn't actually confirm the order. Hmm...

Here I am, responding to my own posts. Truly, I lead a lonely life :( Turns out that the fire-support.co.uk ordering system can be a little aggressive but they helpfully cancelled the order. I wouldn't have been charged anyway (unless they invented a credit card number and charged that - Irish retailers, feel free to bill my imaginary CC!). I set a new order and all is well (14 sterling for postage, under 10kg).

Also, I visited the Eirsoft store today in Cabra, and it's worth a visit. Thanks for letting me yap the ears off you Tony!

Rules?

I just saw it in the news mate.

I can see a lot of people out there taking a real interest in guns that look real and feel real without having to go to the usual sources.

Im sure the Gards are delighted, as well as the post office owners association.

If you want to shoot guns, there's a war on in Iraq.

But the bullets they shoot over there will sting a bit more than paintball or BB guns.

Whatever get's your rocks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Rules?

I can see a lot of people out there taking a real interest in guns that look real and feel real without having to go to the usual sources.

But the bullets they shoot over there will sting a bit more than paintball or BB guns.

we dont use bb guns...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Rules?

there is already a thread and believe and a number of post in regard to this shop, also i would visit the IAA website this contains a recording of a radio interview in regards to the shop you might like to listen to, other than that this is not the thread for this.

Rules?

what are you talking about???

i didnt say i want to shoot real bullets!

your post is so confusing it is giving me a headache i asked you if you knew

the rules of airsoft!

what has the iraq war got to do with airsoft? ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Blackthorn1011

Rules?

I hate to continue off topic here, but im just going to make 2 points in relation to this gentleman's remarks

A) The gards wont be dealing with a dope brandishing a toy gun around, the Emergancy Responce Unit will. And to be honest if your dumb enough to be doing that you deserve all that you get. Which will most likely be a slight case of being dead.

&

B) Ireland has nothing to do with fighting in Iraq (besides the whole shannon thing) so even if someone here wanted to go fight a real war(which they dont) they simply cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Back on topic please gents

Skobyonekenobi: if you've nothing to contribute to the forum, then dont post here, if you genuinely wish to discuss something, start a new thread

Any further off-topic posts will receive bans

Rew
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Airsoft

You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Dear Skobyonekenobi,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    Trolling in the Airsoft forum.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55505140
    Quote:
    Rules?

All the best,
    boards.ie
    user_offline.gifforward.gif

This forum seems to be run by censorship freaks

The article in the news expressed a serious concern from politicians and Gardai.

The question is what happens when the guns fall into the wrong hands?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Skobyonekenobi infracted (several times) and banned from airsoft. Please stay on topic and don't feed the trolls!!

There is a report button, use it and ignore the poster till one of us can deal with it.

I see you failed to hear about the good 'ol boys in dubbo and luimneach with the REAL ak47's, shotguns, murders, random shootings etc.

God forbid those people got a toy.

Anyhoo, Cobra fixed the Iceland error, not luger for you Reykjavik :D

So I'm happy, they are actually quite swift with their responses, and actions, with the same person you deal with each time via e-mail stating their name so you avoid mix-ups.

When the piece arrives, I'll post again on speed, packing etc. but so far, so good, any errors rapidly dealt with :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

whats the deelio on Redwolf..are they any good,shipping wise?

Advertisement