Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

any body use this company..i ordered a m4 drum magazine from them on 20/02,they still have not shipped yet!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

nutzbutz wrote: »
    any body use this company..i ordered a m4 drum magazine from them on 20/02,they still have not shipped yet!!:confused:

Yep I have used them, their site is flakey and sometimes the paypal order does not get processed by their system. The first order i got from them went out nice and quick. The second order took ages and there was no communication at all. I went as far as raising a dispute on paypal with them and then my shipment arrived out of the blue.

I'd say you will get the gear but they are not good at communicating.

cheers mate,i'll give them a bit longer to see whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jay&silentbob

Got my aks 74 u on thursday from gunnerairsoft.Full metal but the grip is made from the cheapest plastic ever!Order took long but concidering the gun was only back in stock last thursday its not that bad.only had to pay 29EUR on taxes because gunner did not include shipping charges on the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

UNCO seem to be up to there eyes lately, very slow with dispatching orders, and even slower replying to e-mails if your lucky to get one.
    Maybe they could do with taking on a few extra hands, even just to respond to e-mails.
    The best test is to send tech queries to the main HK Dealers ie WGC, Red Wolf, Den Trinity and UNCO and see how long it takes to get a response.
    Best wishes.

Squad 701.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

nutzbutz wrote: »

ordered a g36 off them a while back,heard nothing for weeks,e-mailed them still nothing,end up going to paypal claims then all of a sudden they e-mailed me saying they had a problem with there e-mail system.they shipped the aeg that day,but would not do buissness again with them.hope this helps you out

kinkstr wrote: »
    Any tried contacting/ordering from uncompany over the last week or so? Put an order in tuesday and havent heard a word yet.
    i ordered on the 4th and got a e-mail on 10th saying that it was posted .it left hong kong yesterday....

gonesharp wrote: »
    ordered a g36 off them a while back,heard nothing for weeks,e-mailed them still nothing,end up going to paypal claims then all of a sudden they e-mailed me saying they had a problem with there e-mail system.they shipped the aeg that day,but would not do buissness again with them.hope this helps you out
    they're awnsering e-mails alright but order seems to be stuck in their shipping dept since 1st march....must be a hugh place:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I reccomend TNT as a means of posting your airsoft gear.
    Only took 2 days from Hong Kong to my doorstep with a very useful tracker on the website.
    Plus there were no nasty hidden charges unlike UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Lads,my package just arrived in portlaoise mail centre yesterday and then it said it went into customs...anyone know when ill get it back or how much it will cost..or how do i go about getting it back(people said you send a copy of your invoice)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Lads,my package just arrived in portlaoise mail centre yesterday and then it said it went into customs...anyone know when ill get it back or how much it will cost..or how do i go about getting it back(people said you send a copy of your invoice)?

Whenever I've had anything stopped by customs (not AEGs though) I received a letter by post telling me how much I had to pay and giving 2 weeks to pay it. You pay the bill and they send it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

mcgovern wrote: »
    Whenever I've had anything stopped by customs (not AEGs though) I received a letter by post telling me how much I had to pay and giving 2 weeks to pay it. You pay the bill and they send it on.

Seems like there's a couple of ways they do us, I'd a parcel shipped from the
    USA arrive this morning via USPS, postie delivered it to the door and showed
    me the Customs invoice (parcel had sat in Portlaoise since last Friday).
    I paid the postie cash and he handed me the parcel, I had thought he'd just give me
    the Customs bill and I'd have to go to sorting office to pay and collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Anyone know why ehobby dont have any pics of glocks?

my m14 from ehobby was held in customs,they sent out a letter looking for a invoice or paypal receipt,e-mail it to them,should be released the next day and pay mr. postman when he calls
    my m14 worked out $131+$50 ship,payed 31 euros vat.

tanks for the info but it was released after two days and there's €19.91 customs charge on it (the whole package cost about €190 ).Does that work out about right?

tanks for the info but it was released after two days and there's €19.91 customs charge on it (the whole package cost about €190 ).Does that work out about right?
    yep,you done allright there for the price of youre package.
    mine worked out 120euros, 27euros vat + 5 euros handling fee.

What courier do redwolf airsoft use?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

A variety really, changes quite a bit.

Usually EMS though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scotBlue

I ordered a g3 off gunner, all together about €100, expecting it this or next week. Will I be charged extra by the postman?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

could have too, the max you should pay is 25 -30 euros

• Advertisement

bought some stuff from ehobby,shipped on 11 and still not here.no sign of it on an post website and hk post tracking just say this item left hongkong on blah blah.any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

bought some stuff from ehobby,shipped on 11 and still not here.no sign of it on an post website and hk post tracking just say this item left hongkong on blah blah.any ideas?

Its coming from Hong Kong, how fast do you expect it?
    Anything I order from there generally takes 2 -3 weeks to arrive once its shipped and you've given them 6 business days so far ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

if its a registered package from ehobby they usually come in less than a week., but with the paddys day holidays and the increased number of deliveries for the postie it could be held up. ,should be with ya in a few days.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Redwolf sorted me out as I double payed them via paypal, paypal wernt much help.

Redwolf service is quite helpful, to me they seemed more willing to help than any issue I've had with ehobby, saying that redwolf are very busy so expect a days delay in replies.

Also

Dealextreme, though not really airsoft, are quite good, I think bullets mentioned them before, but anyway, got a great 7W torch and mounts for the m4, and batteries and charger, have to say, great value and shipping, free and not that slow at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Got ACU from ebaybanned fro $59 and some nametapes/rankslides/dogtags/unit patches from 1800nametape.com for $25, all including shipping.
    The ACU is great quality, ripstop type, and is a very close match to real ACU (using visible light anyway)

I also got a Mich 2002 replica from ebaybanned. The chinstrap sits halfway up my right jaw, after fiddling with it over a few hours. I need to take out the straps and manufacture some new ones so I can have a fully fitting chin strap. good quality helmet though.

Anyone ever have any hassle getting AEGS from ehobby with reguards to customs/vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

kinkstr wrote: »
    Anyone ever have any hassle getting AEGS from ehobby with reguards to customs/vat?

I've had to pay VAT and duty on perhaps half of what I've ordered from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

Pending customs inspection on my kart EBR from RSOV looks like theirs a bill on its way fu*king customs :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well rsov normally declare parcels at about 10 usd or somthing silly like that, and im positive customs have rsov and some other flagged as mine aways get pulled over :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

howdie folks

im a complete newcomer to this forum, but ive a huge interest in firearms, replicas etc, just a weird hobby of mine.

Just wondering is there places around dublin to look at airsoft weapons etc?

and what price are we talking

im a big ebay customer and the products on there are ridiculously cheap for what im looking for, its not competitive play etc its more a collection

but they dont ship to ireland

examples would be pistols from 5€ and rifles from 20€

i have heard of irish colectors paying in the hundreds, for what i see on ebay for nothing

is this true?
    are you guys paying big bucks for your equipment?

cheers

Advertisement