Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jay&silentbob

STILL no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Gunner Airsoft - expect 2 weeks delivery at all times, don't expect quick replies to any comms (I've ordered from them a few time over the past months, they're usually slightly cheaper than Keith/Rsov)

Got an order delivered this morning from Gunner and I thought I'd have a look at actual P&P for a change, compared to what I'd been charged.

* Stamp value in Hong Kong Dollars = HK$ 32.69
    * XE.com HK$32.69 into US$ = US$ 4.32
    * Website checkout charge = US$ 23
    * Profit on P&P = US$ 18.72
    * Say, very generously, take US$ 5 off to cover P&P-specific labour and materials (although all of that should be covered in the item price, not come off the P&P) and that's still US$ 13. Nice.

... Not :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I picked up a pair of Magnum Elite 11 boots yesterday in Banbridge (NI) in the shopping outlet; Bridgewater Park (between Newry and Lisburn).
    The shop was called TOG24.

They cost me £60 (79 euro) and but the cheapest I've seen them is about 80-90 GBP + up to £20 P&P.

They're waterproof, breathable,antimicrobial etc...

Recommended if your up in the area.

can you cancel your order and get a full refund? How do you go about doing this?i will just buy something off tony coz at least he respects his customers.I sent them the e-mail over a week ago.WTF it takes 2 mins 2 reply to an email even if they are busy.all i want is an AEG so i can start off at least since i have never owned one and this is just another nail in the coffin.I paid using 3v so if i were to get a refund will it come back onto the 3v voucher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

I picked up a pair of Magnum Elite 11 boots yesterday in Banbridge (NI) in the shopping outlet; Bridgewater Park (between Newry and Lisburn).
    The shop was called TOG24.

They cost me £60 (79 euro) and but the cheapest I've seen them is about 80-90 GBP + up to £20 P&P.

They're waterproof, breathable,antimicrobial etc...

Recommended if your up in the area.

There is a TOG 24 shop in Kildare Village outlet store which is a bit closer to home (especially for you Aidan :)) Was up there today getting a few last minute bits and pieces, I'm flying off to the snow in a few hours. Magnum boots starting from €60 not sure if the elites are as cheap as you got but offset against the travel costs it probably works out ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Just a quick question on TNT.
    If i'm not at home when they arrive to deliver, how do i get my purchase from them?
    Do i simply arrange a time for them to deliver or is there somewhere i can pick it up?
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

think you can ask them to leave it with a neighbour.,

bought a few bits - plastic mags and a battery last week : $87 for items.
    Asked for a shipping total and was told $44 for S&H (ouch). Paid as usual.

This week I get another email requesting an additional $12 for S&H. $87+ $56 S&H.

It would seem that even though you request, and are told a price - they are like likely to up this - if, and when they like. Emailed them but all they say is sorry for inconvience:rolleyes:

They have always been great in the past - with far heavier and bulkier packages. Never had this sh1te. Effen Cnuts.

buyer beware...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

This week I get another email requesting an additional $12 for S&H. $87+ $56 S&H.

It would seem that even though you request, and are told a price - they are like likely to up this - if, and when they like. Emailed them but all they say is sorry for inconvience:rolleyes:

They have always been great in the past - with far heavier and bulkier packages. Never had this sh1te. Effen Cnuts.

buyer beware...

send them the list of stuff before you order, they should be able to knock 10% off the shipping costs for combining items not much but its somthing,

ive just been giving them crap feedback on that little star rating section for delivery charges, if everyone does that it might help slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I ordered a sling and pouch for the thompson off www.ima-usa.com I had to ring up ups to correct the address (no county :rolleyes:) and was told I got stung for customs of €32. Thought nothing much of it at the time but then considered that the stuff cost $82 - €55 the customs is over half the cost of the item. They used the dollar value to work out the tax in Euros?

I know this came up before but there's too many posts to find it again. From what I remember I have to pay the man and request the money back, right? Who do I contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

can you cancel your order and get a full refund? How do you go about doing this?i will just buy something off tony coz at least he respects his customers.I sent them the e-mail over a week ago.WTF it takes 2 mins 2 reply to an email even if they are busy.all i want is an AEG so i can start off at least since i have never owned one and this is just another nail in the coffin.I paid using 3v so if i were to get a refund will it come back onto the 3v voucher?

As far as 3v vouchers go, they can be tricky.
    Several times ive tried to buy something off various sites and they get rejected, your best bet is to put your voucher on www.paypal.ie then it appears as a credit carc, as far refunds are concerned it will get put back on the voucher, at least it always has with mine, might take a bit of time though, many sellers will be reluctant to refund although a threat of wanting a refund may kick them into life as regard to getting in touch with you(this does not apply to irish sites, so far they have all been top notch)

johnboyire wrote: »
    send them the list of stuff before you order, they should be able to knock 10% off the shipping costs for combining items not much but its somthing,

ive just been giving them crap feedback on that little star rating section for delivery charges, if everyone does that it might help slightly

Good idea. Thanks. Will do for the next time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Just a quick question on TNT.
    If i'm not at home when they arrive to deliver, how do i get my purchase from them?
    Do i simply arrange a time for them to deliver or is there somewhere i can pick it up?
    Thanks

Normally if a courier can't deliver to your home they'll ring your contact #. It happened to me with DHL a few weeks back and I got them to deliver it to my workplace. Also, if you have the tracking # you can ring them and ask them to deliver it elsewhere.

Killinator wrote: »
    As far as 3v vouchers go, they can be tricky.
    Several times ive tried to buy something off various sites and they get rejected, your best bet is to put your voucher on www.paypal.ie then it appears as a credit carc, as far refunds are concerned it will get put back on the voucher, at least it always has with mine, might take a bit of time though, many sellers will be reluctant to refund although a threat of wanting a refund may kick them into life as regard to getting in touch with you(this does not apply to irish sites, so far they have all been top notch)

I e-mailed them again and asked them to reply or i want a full refund.hopefully this might work.Im not sure how i used my voucher.I did add the voucher as a credit card in paypal if thats what you mean.If i were to get a refund would it be added back onto the paypal credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

Hi
    I ordered some cans of Green Gas from Airsoft-Direct last September 13th. the first package never arrived and Airsoft-Direct promptley sent me out another order.
    no trace of the origonal package was found until this morning when i got a letter from customs stating they had seized 4 cans hfc green gas (for airguns) on the 22-Feb.
    my query is, does anyone know a reason for them to seize the gas and what took them so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Hmmm i don't think gas can be sent via airmail so it must have been shipped by sea

Surface post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

no reason for them to seize it, is there a number you can ring to query why it was seized?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

doubletap wrote: »
    Surface post
    Lol that makes more sense, note to self don't try answer questions after 12am :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bbairsoft

Hi, I've bought all my airsoft guns from eirsoft.ie as i was unsure if guns from speedytoys.com would actually get here without being seized. Could anyone please help me on this subject? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

bbairsoft wrote: »
    Hi, I've bought all my airsoft guns from eirsoft.ie as i was unsure if guns from speedytoys.com would actually get here without being seized. Could anyone please help me on this subject? Thanks

Speedytoys ship UPS so you'll get ripped out of it with import duties. As far as I know they don't ship internationally any more. Best either stick to Irish sites or check out some of the Chinese ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

bbairsoft wrote: »

pretty much same question but what about getting stuff from Guns n Guys
    or Hong Kong in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

penguin-o7 wrote: »
    pretty much same question but what about getting stuff from Guns n Guys
    or Hong Kong in general

Rsov
    WGCShop
    eHobby
    RedWolf

I've used all the above and found them excellent. Shipping from eHobby and Red Wolf in particular can be expensive, but their range is excellent.
    I think all the Asian retailers go pretty heavy on the shipping, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Shiva wrote: »
    I think all the Asian retailers go pretty heavy on the shipping, mind.
    In fairness it is coming from the other side of the world. shipping anything anywhere is expensive these days.

ScumLord wrote: »
    In fairness it is coming from the other side of the world. shipping anything anywhere is expensive these days.

Yeah, I understand that...but I've seen quotes of €70+ for two or three small parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Shiva wrote: »
    Yeah, I understand that...but I've seen quotes of €70+ for two or three small parts.

One of the options they gave me for an AEG, a mask and some BBs was €13k+!! :eek:

mcgovern wrote: »
    One of the options they gave me for an AEG, a mask and some BBs was €13k+!! :eek:

Ahh yes...thats the special hand delivery option where one of the sales assistants rows over to Ireland with it :)

kdouglas wrote: »
    no reason for them to seize it, is there a number you can ring to query why it was seized?

The Number on the letter dosn't seem to work, you dial and then the phone seems to go dead.
    I think Customs does this to P??? people off so they won't persue the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

mcgovern wrote: »

Yea, I saw that when I ordered a few bits.
    Decisions....42 dollars for EMS or 11,000 for delivery in 4 weeks...:D

• Advertisement

buyer beware...

Ok, I whinged about ehobby charging me extra, even after they told me that it was going to be another price.

the otherside is - the package left Hong Kong onthe 26th and I was handed it at my door this morning 28th.:eek:

They also included a free SCAR bipod grip because of the price error (unnecassary but appreciated).

The -1 which I gave them just turned into +2. Amazing.

Advertisement