Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gymlockr

kevpants wrote: »
    Savage!

I wonder can you pay in for a session? I'd love to have a go. If it's as good as it sounds Total Fitness can whistle for my membership renewal next June!

Hey Kevpants, we've added universal gym in dublin to our site. www.gymlockr.ie/universal-gym was speaking to the owner and they also do Free Trials so check it out. Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Thinking of joining up to fitness dock for a few months. Need somewhere I can get into early (6 / 7 am) before work. Will most likely be joining up to Pinnacle afterwards to focus more on weights.

Just a few questions about Fitness Dock:

What are the showers and changing area like?

Many machines? (will be focusing on leg and back training)
    What are the free weights like?

Many people in around the 6am 7am mark?

Just looking to get an idea, will most likely be in early before work, and just to get myself ready for some decent training at a larger gym. Don't really want to be queuing to use things, and eating up time!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Dathai wrote: »
    Thinking of joining up to fitness dock for a few months. Need somewhere I can get into early (6 / 7 am) before work. Will most likely be joining up to Pinnacle afterwards to focus more on weights.

Just a few questions about Fitness Dock:

Just looking to get an idea, will most likely be in early before work, and just to get myself ready for some decent training at a larger gym. Don't really want to be queuing to use things, and eating up time!

Cheers.

decent enough, always clean

I can think of:
    Leg: leg press, calf press, leg ext, leg curl last 3 are brand new machines.
    Back: 2 new machines cant remember names as i dont use them.

free weights are divided btween male and female section, and then there is a mixed area.

cant ans this one, never in that early.

tbh your better off goin in a they will walk you around to show you the gym, they sometimes post here, maybe you could ask them directly, username "The FitnessDock".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think they stopped posting here when someone caught them out for lying.

mp1972 wrote: »
    I think they stopped posting here when someone caught them out for lying.

I am not aware of this situation, can you elaborate further?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

smithslist wrote: »
    I am not aware of this situation, can you elaborate further?

Me neither but I do remember him setting up a new account because he no longer worked at The Fitness Dock. Not sure what the new account is but I haven't seen him post in a while anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gymlockr

There's two different changing rooms. the downstairs one tends not to be the best but the upstairs showers are v.good. Lockers and all the usual up stairs, you can buy a locker for the entire year if you want which is v.handy. The Gym is open 24 hours Monday to Friday. Its only ever really busy between 6-8pm Monday to Wednesday. Weights section has a good mix. And the instructors are v.sound. see more fitness dock reviews

Gymlockr wrote: »
    The Gym is open 24 hours Monday to Friday. [/URL]

cough!!!!! 24hrs opening from Mon 7am -Thurs 10pm continuously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bren Sheehan

smithslist wrote: »
    cough!!!!! 24hrs opening from Mon 7am -Thurs 10pm continuously

I was a member there for a while, didnt like it very much. Usually very crowded and limited free weights.

Had to laugh when I seen it was 24 hrs, with flannerys beside it they would need security instead of fitness instructors. Does anyone know if it is busy throughout the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Pinnacle Gym has been a great gym for me, the members who train there and has been a great showroom for Irishlifting.com but it has now outgrown the location. Over the next two days (Wednesday 10th and Thursday the 11th) the gym will be closed and we will be moving all the equipment to a new bigger and better building at the top of Camden St. which is a purpose built gym. The gym will be open again on Friday 12th December but will have new ownership and wont be called Pinnacle anymore. All the equipment will be there plus more including a full extra set of dumbbells to 70kg and all memberships will transfer to the new gym.

I have attached a (basic) map and a picture from the inside of the new building. Any Pinnacle members who aren't sure where this is can drop in The Supplement Store and they will give you detailed directions. I apologise for the time the gym will be closed or any inconvenience the move will cause but in the long run it should be good for everyone.

Thanks

Mick
    mapnewgym.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ah that's sad man, it'd be good if yis could keep the same name...

But maybe in the long run it'll be better, if the new gym is purpose built like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Nice to see things growing though. ALL you equipment is moving? Even the half cage hur de hur hur wink wink nod nod nudge nudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

How much does membership cost in the new place?
    Could be very handy spot for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I hope it goes well for you. I've been in Pinnacle before and I liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RAW-CONDITION

'RAW' - A brand new purpose built gym will be opening tomorrow, Friday 12th December, at noon. Raw offers equipment and facilities to cater for athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all levels.

For additional information and membership queries see...

http://www.rawcondition.com/home.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is cheaper for a student to pay by the month than by the year, €349 per year, €348 for 12 months. Must be a typo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

'RAW' - A brand new purpose built gym will be opening tomorrow, Friday 12th December, at noon. Raw offers equipment and facilities to cater for athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all levels.

For additional information and membership queries see...

http://www.rawcondition.com/home.htm

Will the gym be powerlifter friendly??

Do you have a deadlift platfrom??

Are you afraid of chalk??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Hey on the Raw homepage when ya go to 'classes' ya see the same female abs that see on thesupplementfacory website. Sexy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RAW-CONDITION

Hanley wrote: »
    Will the gym be powerlifter friendly??

Do you have a deadlift platfrom??

Are you afraid of chalk??

The gym is absolutley powerlifter friendly, we have olympic bars that can take a 1500lb load, in excess of 1500kg of plates, a huge free weights area with rubber floors, heavy duty gun-racks, two full sets of dumbbells up to 70kg and there will be a deadlifting platform going in. There will also be tyres for flipping, as well as sandbags, chains, resistance bands etc.

Bring your chalk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Pity!!It was a pleasure to train in Pinnacle,hopefully this new gym will be just as good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

RAW-CONDITION from looking at the ariel map it seems to me that your gym is in the middle of charlemont st flats complex is this correct!!!

The gym is absolutley powerlifter friendly, we have olympic bars that can take a 1500lb load, in excess of 1500kg of plates, a huge free weights area with rubber floors, heavy duty gun-racks, two full sets of dumbbells up to 70kg and there will be a deadlifting platform going in. There will also be tyres for flipping, as well as sandbags, chains, resistance bands etc.

Bring your chalk!

Good to hear... good to hear.

I've been looking for a solution to my training problem and you guys are looking like you could be it. You're right close to work which'll be handy when I try to get my volume back up again. How long a walk is it from Stephen's Green SC would you say??

Will you have any parking around??

Herc's closes downstairs at 7, so it's not practical to train there on weekdays (but it's the place to be on weekends!!).

And TF can be a bit crap to try and deadlift in cos the bars suck, and squatting can be dodge cos you never know if there's gonna be anyone around for a spot and the racks are too low to drop the bar onto if you miss. I assume you'll have power racks there too??

I know with Pinnacle one of the problems I saw with it was the plates were the full sized Olympic ones (ie they weren't 450mm in diameter). Will you guys have the right sized plates??

What kind of bands are you gonna have?? I saw you mentioned the Viper ones on your site, but I'm not faimilar.

Any idea how much chain weight you'll have??

Thanks for all the info thus far!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Hanley it would only be a max 10min walk from stephens green it would be a straight walk up harcourt st then past the odeon following the road to the right, and as for parking dont think there would be much and the ones that are there are more than likey pay and display

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I know with Pinnacle one of the problems I saw with it was the plates were the full sized Olympic ones (ie they weren't 450mm in diameter). Will you guys have the right sized plates??

I had 200kg of casall sweden plates in a toastrack at the oly lifting platform in Pinnacle, same plates they have in Hercs isn't it?

Mickk wrote: »
    I had 200kg of casall sweden plates in a toastrack at the oly lifting platform in Pinnacle, same plates they have in Hercs isn't it?

I think there's a few of those plates floating about alright. Not too many of them tho. Are they the solid plates with a rubber casing or true bumpers?

It always the Eleiko plates used on the platform and Leoko plates used by the powerlifters in Hercs.

Raw-Condition, have you got more than 200kg worth of 450mm diameter plates?

And dubdude, nice one.

Out of interest, who's actually going to be training there from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I might join up in the new year ,it depends on where I will be working but I would be hoping for either Raw or Image in Swords the guy that owns Image is apparently a walking encyclopaedia of bodybuilding (but it does get crowded in there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 skunkythemonkey

Out of interest, who's actually going to be training there from here?[/QUOTE]

was there today.. looked pretty! I don't think i would bother to be honest.. goin to miss pinncale:(
    will give Hercs, power house or the basment a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

was there today.. looked pretty! I don't think i would bother to be honest.. goin to miss pinncale:(
    will give Hercs, power house or the basment a bash

Why?

Is it not all the same stuff moved to a bigger location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

My subcription has been transferred but ive yet to check out the new place.Il pop in once I get my exams outta the way this week.As long as the same guys from Pinnacle are training and the equipment is still the same,it should be alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ill be up at the new place since i was a Pinnacle member before

Advertisement