Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Band...of all time!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

Its a really close toss up between Queen and Radiohead. I cant decide which.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Its a really close toss up between Queen and Radiohead. I cant decide which.
    A close toss up? Its either gonna be one or the other, or did the coin land on its edge. Toss it again. Theres no way it'll land on its edge twice in a row.
    For the best band ever there can only be one winner. SUEDE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Could anyone posting here please post in the manner as set out by the OP. If the thread continues as a "My fave band = postcount+1" I'll lock it. Thanks, you're all lovely people really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

i know its been said a lot already,but SMASHING PUMPKINS.. mellon collie, adore and the aeroplane flies high are all such amazing albums..cant wait for the reunion,because i only got into the pumpkins after they split up,so never got the chance to see them live (that,plus the fact that i was 7 when mellon collie was released)
    ooh...i have to say,i couldnt disagree with you more..i absolutely HATE suede.i think brett anderson has one of the most nauseating voices in music...."trashed" is a pretty good song,but his voice ruins it,any other songs ive heard i no likes... :eek:
    sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

my all time favourite band is The Smiths, im absolutely addicted to them, completely. morrissey & marr possibly the most original duo ever like mc cartney and lennon without the pretentiousness. the smiths basically changed my life really and that deserves recognition and moz is possibly the most honest man ive even heard of.

(sorry about the rant i get a little :rolleyes: about them)

Roffle. The Smiths weren't pretentious?!

I mean, they're my absolute favourite band as well and I love them, but let's be serious for a second..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I have quite a few. Hard to name just one.
    I like Death Cab for Cutie a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

Pighead wrote:
    A close toss up? Its either gonna be one or the other, or did the coin land on its edge. Toss it again. Theres no way it'll land on its edge twice in a row.

and then Id have to decide which one will be heads and which one will be tails, and Id have to have a coin toss for that too and so on into infinity, I cant decide, both bands are equally amazing imo. Suede were a pretty damned good band, then Bernard left and while Coming Up was a decent pop/rock record for its time I found everything after it to be dissapointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Reni

Yes!!Stone Roses all the way..In my Mersey Paradise :D
    Also happens to be my fave song

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

My favourite band are the Counting Crow, I think they write great, catchy songs and also good ballads.

I luuuurve the Stone Roses, they were absolutely class! Defo my fave after the Crows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Too many good bands to choose from but based on sheer influence on me & amount of times ive listened to them but i'd have say THE CLASH !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement