Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most appauling driving I have ever seen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

Hagar wrote:
    It looks like a personalised British plate and judging by the colour of plates/ regs of cars he is dicing with I would guess it was filmed in N.Ireland.

He's a class A1 gobshyte anyway.

He is a Lithuanian living here in Dublin, and thats on the M1. I know who he is.

Dosn't matter wheres hes from though - he should be arrested for that manouever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Hagar wrote:
    It looks like a personalised British plate and judging by the colour of plates/ regs of cars he is dicing with I would guess it was filmed in N.Ireland.

He's a class A1 gobshyte anyway.

that giant car park he is doing the donuts in is the JJB soccerdome in Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

L5 wrote:
    that giant car park he is doing the donuts in is the JJB soccerdome in Dundalk.

That would account for all the NI plates. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭breanoh

Don't worry derek, I didn't fit them myself, they came with the car, I was doing 100 at the time the woman came up behind me, about to turn take the turn off for my house off the main road (right hand turn) and I slowed down because I was nervous that she would wreck the Charade. I will speed if the conditions allow, on a motorway, dual carrigeway. I know the Charade isn't a lexus, then again, neither is the Corsa! But you should see the new Renault!!! Look at the pics on my bebo, (before I washed it)
    I agree with you on the age issue, Age doesn't necessarily mean better driving as youth doesn't mean bad driving. I have quite alot of mileage done in mixed conditions to know what is safe and what is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

ninty9er wrote:
    Since I have gone to the bother of taking 13 hours practical instruction on Public roads before taking them on on my own, screw anybdoy who tells me that every driver on the road longer than me has better reactions

"Gone to the bother"... Excuse me, but - Jaysus!

You shouldn't consider 13 hours or tuition as gifting you with suprahuman powers. Back in France in 1988, I did 30 hours tuition (legal minimum back then) before being certified safe enough to drive under supervision (like an Irish provisional... only rigidly and harshly enforced ;) : get caught without your named fully-qualified accompanying driver, and you get barred from 'proper' license test for 2 years after you turn 18).

I still didn't know enough back then. That much I knew.

A few hundreds of thousand miles, some bad bruises and probably ten of thousands of adjusted-for-inflation Euros later, well... I might still not known it all by a long shot, but I'd like to think I've that little bit more authority on the subject ;) (as do many others here).

Honestly, do yourself a favour and take a chill pill, where other 'slower' drivers are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

nupplenits wrote:
    I honstly can't understand the people with the mentality that doing 90% of the speed limit is unacceptable.
    Agreed completely.
    5. I'm not sure how much petrol would be saved doing 90km/h instead of 100km/h, but I'm sure it's some and it was a factor in deciding the speed I was travelling.
    Depends on the car and conditions but 90km/h is probably around 10-15% more efficient. It's mostly to do with wind resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kdevitt wrote:
    That video is on the BMW car club site too - the guy driving posted it himself

Ah, so he did. Clever move to post it himself
    clubcrown wrote:
    I know who he is.

Now I do too. Isn't the interweb great? Should Tomas read this, better stick to the track with that kinda behaviour, eh? You're a pretty decent driver on the track already. And pay the goddam VRT and huge tax while you're at it :(

BTW, I hope you didn't have your phone with you when you were being filmed on the M1. You realise it can be used as proof that you were the driver? 087 78***06 and the clip will secure a conviction and probably a custodial sentence...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

unkel wrote:
    And pay the goddam VRT and huge tax while you're at it :(

Hes untaxed in a BMW M3 and posting videos on himself online driving dangerously?

How is he untaxed? Sounds like one for the police..............

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

He's untaxed in the sense that it's a UK registration so he's not paying Irish tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rambler

ambro25 wrote:
    "Gone to the bother"... Excuse me, but - Jaysus!

You shouldn't consider 13 hours or tuition as gifting you with suprahuman powers. Back in France in 1988, I did 30 hours tuition (legal minimum back then) before being certified safe enough to drive under supervision (like an Irish provisional... only rigidly and harshly enforced ;) : get caught without your named fully-qualified accompanying driver, and you get barred from 'proper' license test for 2 years after you turn 18).

I still didn't know enough back then. That much I knew.

A few hundreds of thousand miles, some bad bruises and probably ten of thousands of adjusted-for-inflation Euros later, well... I might still not known it all by a long shot, but I'd like to think I've that little bit more authority on the subject ;) (as do many others here).

Honestly, do yourself a favour and take a chill pill, where other 'slower' drivers are concerned.

Have to agree 100% with you ambro25, nothing beats experience, as the ad on tv says expect the unexpected at all times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

13 hours is NOTHING! Most of us will have done that preparing for our tests anyway. I really hope that I never meet you on the road; your cockiness makes you a health hazard to others, IMO.

The Motorway M3 - I had seen the link to that on the BMW club site, but hadn't watched it. Now that I have, all I can say is that it is possibly the most irresponsible driving I have ever seen. Complete MORON.

Ambro25 - "Supra-human" powers? I like it! Bit of a toyota fan, are you?

More idiot driving on Irish roads here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqdmugCs58g&NR

Just read the thread in the BMW club of that M3, and the general concensus seems to be the same as on here - lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Have to applaud your reply on the car club forum Fey - only yourself and mick525i really condemned it, everyone else seemed to let it go and told him how great his video editing is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm not a cocky driver. I'm a confident driver and that is not a bad thing.

Instilled in me from the age of 3 at Pre-school was the notion that confidence is the formula for success and it has worked well for me. If I'm not confident at something after trying to master it I give up (like I did with hurling after 2 years and as I may well do with golf.

My confidence is not misguided - I invite any of you to get in my car and sit in the passenger seat while I drive. If you point something out to me I'll consider it and make a decision on your opinion. (i.e I changed my cronering habits after advice from my mother)

So get off attacking my personality and go take your frustrations out in a soccer match or my own personal favourite a musical instrument.

It just bugs me to see people who clearly bought their licences before indicators were invented and who still think it's okay to have a drink or 3 and drive afterwards. And those who don't only because they might get caught...which includes all remaining grandparents I have, but it's better than them not being afraid of getting caught and doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My advice - write everything down.
    When I was your age I knew everything, I seem to have forgotten most of it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

ninty9er wrote:
    My confidence is not misguided - I invite any of you to get in my car and sit in the passenger seat while I drive.

Think I'll pass on that offer, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Like Oscar Wilde said ...I'm not young enough anymore to know everything ...

:D:D:D

nice one, Hagar :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Off Topic but I didn't raise the issue - not meaning to sound ridiculous, but if my friends or parents/ grandparents want to know something, they'll generally as me before anyone else. Not saying that I'll always know the answer, but I do work around things and absorb what I find out.

for instance; my grandad asked me about his tax credits last week, not that I know much about them, but more than most. Ridiculous thing is my aunt is a qualified auditor and he has an accountant....he still didn't contact them

Nobody knows everything about everything, for instance there'd be no point asking me to name the whole Munster team or what type of form Tipp have been on in the NHL this season, but I'd go find out and remember if someone asked me

ninty9er wrote:
    It just bugs me to see people who clearly bought their licences before indicators were invented and who still think it's okay to have a drink or 3 and drive afterwards. And those who don't only because they might get caught...which includes all remaining grandparents I have, but it's better than them not being afraid of getting caught and doing it.

a) I did my test in 1994, and passed . That was back in the good old days when one mistake meant an automatic fail; not the system of allowables now in place.

b) I'm completely intolerant of drink-drivers. I'm not a non-drinker, but NEVER when driving, and I normally won't drive the morning after a big session.

c) I don't drink and drive simply because I couldn't deal with the repercussions if I killed or maimed someone, NOT out of fear of the law.

We all think we're fantastic when we're young, but we learn the hard way that we aren't.

I'm not slagging you off; I think I'm just jealous that I'm not the naive young man I once was.

KDevitt - thanks for that. Some people had brushed over it. Pity it had to take so long for someone to say "you're an idiot". However, a lot of people have since agreed, several of them large contributors who've been fairly quiet there recently.

kdevitt wrote:
    Have to applaud your reply on the car club forum Fey

I'll second that, fair play to Fey!. Ken, at the time you mentioned Tomas posted over there, only mick525i had been (mildly) critical on the thread. All other posters, even one of the mods had complimented Tomas :eek:

How about some admin comments on the thread Ken? I appreciate Tomas has contributed on the club forum and his video-editing skills are very fine and he loves his BMWs and he seems to be getting around tracks very well, but surely he needs to be told that behaviour on public roads is not on. I'm confident the BMW car club do not
    condone tax and duty evasion either

I guess we're all seeing some cross-forum posting in action here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

ninty9er wrote:
    Off Topic but I didn't raise the issue - not meaning to sound ridiculous, but if my friends or parents/ grandparents want to know something, they'll generally as me before anyone else. Not saying that I'll always know the answer, but I do work around things and absorb what I find out.

for instance; my grandad asked me about his tax credits last week, not that I know much about them, but more than most. Ridiculous thing is my aunt is a qualified auditor and he has an accountant....he still didn't contact them

Nobody knows everything about everything, for instance there'd be no point asking me to name the whole Munster team or what type of form Tipp have been on in the NHL this season, but I'd go find out and remember if someone asked me

You do not know enough to know you know nothing!

I applaud confidence, but overconfidence leads to the thinking that you can do anything, you I fear suffer from that, in your NHL terms defensive in driving is much better than offensive and by defensive i mean everybody on the road is your enemy, watch them, observe them, think that they'll kill you.

ninety, that overconfidence will kill you, I can't think like that anymore, I drive a 270bhb monster that will fire me from 70 to 130 in seconds that's mph btw if the road ain't clear and if there's a corner ahead, even if there's a broken white line, if I'm not confident, I'll not do it, remember, you've got one life, don't let that confidence kill you, in fact I'd be more concerned about teh people you take out when you do, and you wil do thinking like that, make a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kdevitt

unkel wrote:
    I'll second that, fair play to Fey!. Ken, at the time you mentioned Tomas posted over there, only mick525i had been (mildly) critical on the thread. All other posters, even one of the mods had complimented Tomas :eek:

How about some admin comments on the thread Ken? I appreciate Tomas has contributed on the club forum and his video-editing skills are very fine and he loves his BMWs and he seems to be getting around tracks very well, but surely he needs to be told that behaviour on public roads is not on. I'm confident the BMW car club do not
    condone tax and duty evasion either

I guess we're all seeing some cross-forum posting in action here :)

I noticed that alright Unkel - I'd mentioned it to loads of people in work - someone sticks a video up of crap driving, and basically all that was commented on was the video editing skills... :rolleyes:

Just read his reply though saying it was completely controlled??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

ninty9er wrote:
    Only
    after 9 before 10:45
    after 11 before 1
    After 2 before 2:30
    After 5:30

So no schools go for "nature walks" to the local park, go on school tours that leave/arrive back outside the hours specified, have extra curricular activities that take place outside of the hours specified, hold plays/activities in the school hall?

There are many after hours classes, evening classes etc that go on in schools too.

You really should learn to think outside your little box...

L.

kdevitt wrote:
    Just read his reply though saying it was completely controlled??

I am NOT condoning any driving behaviour exhibited by this person but...

if you pay attention to the mutliple camera POVs used during the motorway portion of the clip, you will notice that several of the cars had to have an on-board camera, which leads me to think that the cars on the motorway as he joins and which he weaves through are driven by "accomplices". That would account for the 'controlled' statement.

(Again - emphasizing very much here that I do NOT condone it. I'm just making a technical observation).

Ambro - 3 of the other cars were supposed to be camera cars, but on one screen there were at least 8 cars visible.

How was that "controlled"?

(i) Didn't know about 3 out of 8
    (ii) Don't particularly care either
    (iii) Just voicing a theory
    (iv) I didn't bother venturing out of Boards and onto that BMW forum [so back to (i) above]

:p

Fair enough, Ambro.

Unkle; points been made elsewhere, and I have to agree - perhaps you should consider removing personal information from your posts.

Fey! wrote:
    Unkle; points been made elsewhere, and I have to agree - perhaps you should consider removing personal information from your posts.

Eh? Can't even find the thread anymore? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

ninty9er wrote:
    IO would consider that BMW video to be evidence for dangerous driving looks like a personalised UK plate but probably northern plate if it was on the M1
    It is not a Northern regged car.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

ninty9er wrote:
    I'm not a cocky driver.

[...]

My confidence is not misguided
    Clearly it is. You are 19. At most you can have 3 years experience on the road. I would say by your attitude and posting that you have less than 2. 13 hours of instruction is to be commended, but it should at least be required. In fact, I'd say 20 should be the legal minimum.

I have ~10 years experience driving on the road, yet still each week I learn something new, either about (defensive) driving habits, or the driving habits of other people. The cars I've driven have been very mixed, from 1.4l <100bhp cars to 3l >340bhp sports cars, giving me firsthand experience of the difference power makes (in both good and bad ways). I've also driven in various countries and in many different conditions, including snow, heavy rain, etc; and on many different road surfaces, including loose base gravel which hadn't been properly laid by a county council (I wasn't expecting that I can tell you - no "Slow" signs put up til the next day :()

I consider myself intelligent, and consider myself a good driver, but I will never, ever think that I know everything there is to know about driving. Simply because I can't always predict what will happen. Reread some of the posts in this thread with an open mind and you may learn something new.

Your reaction times (most likely) haven't been tested yet in the Real World™, nor do I hope they ever are in a serious/dangerous situation, especially one where you lose control of your vehicle.

And OP, I would consider 10% slower than the limit to be an acceptable speed to be driving at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement