Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭cj salmon

a well deserved drink,thats some catch,well done.
    mans two greatest past times,beering and fishing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

one of the many mountain lake trout i got this evening:D all released of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

deaglan169 wrote: »
    one of the many mountain lake trout i got this evening:D all released of course
    A pretty little brownie. Are they all small or did you have any bigger ones? What were you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

elius wrote: »
    Pic. Note i was not drinking during the fishing only after wards as i was not driving i decided to have a cold one. ;)

ojh4dt.jpg

I'm jealous, its good to see some things haven't changed. I used really enjoy the mackie bashing when I was younger growing up in west Clare. We used take hundreds home in fertiliser bags and spend hours driving around offering a few fresh fish to neighbours.
    Some used be delighted but i could see some thinking what the fuk do I do with these at 11.30 0n a tue night!!
    I still fish for them here in Scotland but am lucky if I catch 2 of an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Chuileog wrote: »
    A pretty little brownie. Are they all small or did you have any bigger ones? What were you using?

yeah they were all small some even too small for the fly but they still had a go anyway im hopping to try a few more lakes locally but they require a bit of hiking id imagine they all carry a similar size of trout fly of choice was the claret bumble muddler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

17lbs 15oz undulate ray caught in Kerry on the 20/6/10

1oz shy of the current Irish record :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Ah I bet your SICK!
    That would have made for a great trip to the next Specimen Awards! :P

Crackin fish! Well done!
    Where abouts in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Nice browny i caught on my local river using worm!

mallard109.jpg?t=1277805194

lucky for this fella, i only keep the odd fish, and he wasn't one of them!

mallard111.jpg?t=1277805590

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭decdon

This is my first rout caught on the fly from a river yesterday evening....:)
    I'm so chuffed with meself.....:D 11 inches approx cought on an Elk Hair Caddis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

decdon wrote: »
    This is my first rout caught on the fly from a river yesterday evening....:)
    I'm so chuffed with meself.....:D 11 inches approx cought on an Elk Hair Caddis

well done...... but whats a rout???? :D:D

• Advertisement

Eddie B wrote: »
    Nice browny i caught on my local river using worm!

mallard109.jpg?t=1277805194

lucky for this fella, i only keep the odd fish, and he wasn't one of them!

mallard111.jpg?t=1277805590

smashing trout that, good and plump, hard to tell from photo but he not far of the 1.75lb mark....i'd say he would be good on the fly......and he still swimming:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭decdon

well done...... but whats a rout???? :D:D
    A rout is a Trout before he's had his Tea.....:P....lol

smashing trout that, good and plump, hard to tell from photo but he not far of the 1.75lb mark....i'd say he would be good on the fly......and he still swimming:)

Jesus your not far off the mark! He was 1lb 14oz.
    There's plenty of fish much bigger than that lad in it but very hard catch!

I use a very light rod so i get great sport out of even small fish, but its vertually impossible to fly fish it because its very overgrown and that puts a lot of lads off fishing it, but im not complaining, its all the more for me!

I call it jungle fishing!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Caught this fellow on the barrow this evening , took two big blackhead worms.He weighed in at 3lb.

Photo0541.jpg

010720101316.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭cj salmon

a beautiful well fed trout,,well done

Pokes wrote: »
    Caught this fellow on the barrow this evening , took two big blackhead worms.He weighed in at 3lb.

Photo0541.jpg

010720101316.jpg
    He's a smasher!!!;)

Thanks guys , yeah he put up a fair old scrap. Funny thing was , i was in the local fishing shop earlier in the day to get some stuff and was talking to the owner. Told me it was pretty much a waste of time going down with the worms. Ive never understood why people insist that you wont catch on worms when the river is not just coming down from a flood. In my personal experience ive found that fishing the deeper pools and under banks with a worm in lower water conditions can be deadly.

nice trout....pokes, is that a ugly stick rod you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

looks like an 8ft ugly stik with shimano 5010gt baitrunner.

Yep its an ugly stik , reel is a shimano 6010 xt-7 , I find the baitrunner brilliant for when im trotting , i can let off some line without having to open the bail arm all the time. I have to admit i love the ugly stik rods for worming , I know its a bit short at 2.4m but they are such versatile rods.

• Advertisement

Pokes wrote: »
    Yep its an ugly stik , reel is a shimano 6010 xt-7 , I find the baitrunner brilliant for when im trotting , i can let off some line without having to open the bail arm all the time. I have to admit i love the ugly stik rods for worming , I know its a bit short at 2.4m but they are such versatile rods.

Yea they are great little rods.....and not too expensive either....have one myself for salmon....mine is 2.75m (9ft) dont think its too short at 9 ft...they are good for worming/spinning for salmon too......a lot of salmon anglers like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

have a 10ft ugly stick lite for salmon spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My first sea bass!!!!:D

[IMG][/img]010resized_1.jpg

Caught on a toby of all things (and yes, I was fishing for bass).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Two trout I caught in Laura Lake, Leitrim. First one was close to 2lb.

My first sea bass!!!!:D

[IMG][/img]010resized_1.jpg

Caught on a toby of all things (and yes, I was fishing for bass).

what did you catch the cat on :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

10lb 3 oz bass

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

what did you catch the cat on :D:D

A small sea bass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

4840085881_5d5d14fc91_z.jpg

Small tench caught on the new 'pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kotva

tench on fly rod?? wow!!! where did you caught him??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

kotva wrote: »
    tench on fly rod?? wow!!! where did you caught him??

The rod is a drennan tench float. The reel is a greys bewick centrepin. Nothing fly going on here. ;)

Oh, I must update my location. It was caught in South Co. Monaghan.

Advertisement