Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese in Limerick?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,884 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Shamrock chinese on the ennis road beside the topaz garage and extra vision, i must say i think is the best!
    Especially when you go in there on a friday or saturday night and its packed with people sitting down for meals and people getting take-aways!

Yes, I like their takeaways and their resturant. Friendly staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

keith_d99 wrote: »
    He retired - early nineties maybe?

Late Nineties - when the owner sold up the new owners didn't want to buy the recipes as well so the curry recipe left with him. It was without doubt the nicest curry I've ever had and their spring rolls were so delicious. What I loved also was the tenderness of the beef and the meat was bought in fresh every day. If you went in later in the evening or if the evening was particularly busy they would run out of a particular type of meat and offer an alternative. The nearest place to come close to this curry sauce is the Silver Spoon or Silver House (Silver something) in Ennis. Close but not the same. At the moment my favourite chinese in Limerick is China Ki in Corbally. This thread has prompted me to make a booking for the weekend - thanks to all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Satay Chicken skewers from the Shamrock are absolutely amazing, nothing anywhere comes close.

Surprised that the Oriental Kitchen across from the Railway Station has not received a mention. Reasonably priced nice food and the guys who serves in there is a nice lad.

Wokking in Caherdavin is my local and not a bad choice, fast and friendly service and good grub.

ZweTon is is pretty good too as are the Jasmine and Peony Court.

I tend to prefer certain dishes from certain establishments so i tend to go to that particular establishment depending on what i want at the time.

I suppose we are lucky to have such a good variety to choose from.

I miss the big fat spring rolls from the Mayflower on Davis and Thomas Streets though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Lived in Limerick for 4 years, and ZWeton is Annacotty was my all time favourite, i'm in Oz now and haven't had anything that came close!!

MMMMMMMM baby back rack!!!

Also like the dragon fly, jumbo near the groody bar, and the shamrock on the ennis rd.......which have all been mentioned.

Look forward to visiting home in august, ill be straight to the zweton for a baby back rack and kung po chicken!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭notonlybutalso

the jasmine is very good. highly reccomend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

bazz26 wrote: »
    City Wok overhead Scott's bar are pretty cheap, I think a main course starts from €5.95.

Thread recently on this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055856347

yes and its bout 1.50 for rice then...eaten there loads its really nice and great value its the same price for takeaway as sit-down ive only ever sat down there they do some thai food as well...as far as i know texas steakout own it...highly reccommend this place chicken curry is the nicest ive had for those who prefer thicker sauces.

this is their facebook page menu is in their photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Limerick-Ireland/City-Wok/153480522063?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Chungs in Castletroy beside the Carlton hotel is nice, been there a few times and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just had a Zweton in Annacoty. So much there is some left for my lunch tomorrow.

Considering the Chinese in Newport is now closed down the nearest Chinese is either Castleconnel or Annacotty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Shamrock is so greasy though.

I would say the place near grove island, Bamboo i think. Upstairs place.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Shamrock is so greasy though.

I would say the place near grove island, Bamboo i think. Upstairs place.

You mean the Pagoda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nothing like a Sunday Buffet at the Jasmine.

€16 pp I think it was.

Pagoda and the Dragonfly are good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Have they cleaned the carpets in the Jasmine? Last time I was there (a few months ago) they were in a shocking state.

It is such a mediocre restaurant, poor service anytime I've been there and overpriced for rather ordinary food.

I am baffled as to its popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jumbo next to the Groody Bar do a Sunday lunch buffet for something like €8.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

from reading reviews here im thinking bout getting a takeaway in the shamrock on the ennis road last time used alway get takeaways with my parents years ago when i was young not sure why we stopped going there but it was always lovely from what i can remember. should i try it?? chicken satey im thinking of getting oh and does anyone no what there price range is i usually pay round 7.50 - 8 euro for meal in my usual places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

I think sequoia in thomondgate above ladbrokes deserves a mention. The rice is gorgeous and so is the chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Vegeta wrote: »
    simply the best, especially their take away

The dragonfly in castletroy is the best in limerick. Lovely meal huge portions and ridiculously cheap. The best kung po chicken in ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

has to be the shamrock on the ennis road for me just fantasic every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ozzy69

Z-We-Ton - China Ki - Dim Sum are the best Chinese restaurants in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Zombie Chinese...on Zombie Street...over in the Zombie District...

/Zombie thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement