Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** VN team event, July ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Trippie wrote:
    dont tar me with the same brush as the rest of you's. iv managed to do ok in all three events so far unlike the rest of the dit chancers.

i gave llyod a harsher beat than you when i was dealing and he didnt connect with his royal flush draw against mick's bottom straight

well i never and given bad beats is ur thing dont think i have rver seen you go in ahead. lol. still next time ill get you how bout me you heads up?

ntlbell wrote:
    4 hands? stop trying to make yourself look loose, I counted, you played 1 the last 1 :D

well i need some sort of table image and i may only have played one hand but boy did i play it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭JJP PokerMania

RORYC

there may be a spot for you with 7/4 off suit for the next game. After my dismal performance yesterday i think i'm going to stick to hand picking the best players for this tournie and not play myself (mind u i thought my push with top 2 pair off the flop was good, but runner, runners for the flush killed me).

So Roryc how about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Iceman78

RORYC

there may be a spot for you with 7/4 off suit for the next game. After my dismal performance yesterday i think i'm going to stick to hand picking the best players for this tournie and not play myself (mind u i thought my push with top 2 pair off the flop was good, but runner, runners for the flush killed me).

So Roryc how about it?

What is it that they usually say JP? Jump before you are pushed!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

RORYC

So Roryc how about it?

no poaching, rory is taken get your own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

aodea wrote:
    well i never and given bad beats is ur thing dont think i have rver seen you go in ahead. lol. still next time ill get you how bout me you heads up?

fair enough proper stakes or student stakes?im probably goin to the jackpot on tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'll be at the jackpot on tuesday too, (hoping to last longer then two hands this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

shoutman wrote:
    I'll be at the jackpot on tuesday too, (hoping to last longer then two hands this time)

What tourny is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Twenty euro freezeout, its really just like a home game for the DIT lads as normally3/4 of the runners are from dit.

Decent standard for such a low buy in.

What tourny is on?

20 freeze-out,havent played it before but if jeff can win it two weeks in a row it must be easy going. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭JJP PokerMania

Iceman78 wrote:
    What is it that they usually say JP? Jump before you are pushed!!!!!

To be fair Graham, i was drunk when i arrived then the hangover kicked in. I only got my 2nd wind when i was playing you in the side tables. I would have defo won our side bet only for Brian dogged me twice.

Trippie wrote:
    20 freeze-out,havent played it before but if jeff can win it two weeks in a row it must be easy going. :D

yeah normally its hard to take this seriosly but really this week will have to be serious as i cannot have jeff making a hatrick as its just unacceptable. although with tag luke myself its prob going to be a student 123 hehe

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Will there be anyone other than students playing? I'd say ye are a dead cert for a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

What tourny is on?

come on nick, slum it with the rest of us! 20 euro for a poker lesson from anto. its great fun, you get to listen to him telling you how to play cards then take notes on his play as he walks out the door after 10 hands... its almost worth the 20 alone to see it! :D

ditpoker wrote:
    come on nick, slum it with the rest of us! 20 euro for a poker lesson from anto. its great fun, you get to listen to him telling you how to play cards then take notes on his play as he walks out the door after 10 hands... its almost worth the 20 alone to see it! :D

ok jeff its on now beat u heads up the other night now going to have to humilate you again as i cant take the cocky nature.

i reckon the students will as always underperform and jeff a poker lesson from me would be a lot more expensive than 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Trippie wrote:
    i gave llyod a harsher beat than you when i was dealing and he didnt connect with his royal flush draw against mick's bottom straight

That hand was particularly upsetting. Things were going well up until then. Sigh.

In relation to the Jackpot on Tuesday - if characters of such fine distinction are planning to play I may grace the Event with an appearance. I may even take it seriously! Beats losing €100 in the Merrion i suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

ger, chris and andy i have your share of team money will give it to you tonight in the spawell

w00t !!!

If that was you with the royal flush draw that missed lloyd, i am guessing that you are the same fella who ran your queens into my bullets soon afterwards. You were unlucky there as i had just doubled up but had been pushing with any 2 earlier in the game when you were in blinds on my button.

2 unlucky hands as if i remember right, you had top pair and royal flush draw when you lost that big hand.

a poor lyold his run of misery at card tables is certainly lasting a long while. think jeff must of got his luck.

1st lyold
    2nd luke
    3rd jeff

29th anto

this event had 29runners oops

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

aha iceman,

i was on table 2 with you, i borrowed a couple of your blinds only to give them back when i paid you off when you had KK on the BB.

nice speech play btw, if you hadnt been complaining about me raising your blind for the previous 4 orbits i wouldve folded!
    i had a hand everytime...honest!!

UL with the tp & royal flush draw llyod, that was me with the stealth J9 in the BB for the bottom straight.you had a bit of a tough time at our table. nice fold with the JJ though

• Advertisement

Mod, was getting really sick of you robbing my blinds and could not believe my luck when i got my KK and you raised again. Was delighted when you called with your AJ. You played well though to get your stack back up with a few nice hands and flops after you had been short stacked for about an hour on that table.

Lloyd was very unlucky but it was a great lay down with his jacks when you had bullets in big blind mod.

lyold laid down jacks thats incrediable for him maybe he is becoming the tight player i always wanted him to be

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    That hand was particularly upsetting. Things were going well up until then. Sigh.

i think you were just unlucky to be brought to our table in the first place as our table was a very strange one and we had been at it for a while and had figured out where we were at against everyone which you didnt have the time too as the blinds were shooting up

If it means anything to you you carried yourself better at the table than anto did he was just a charity case giving us all his chips for free

Iceman78 wrote:
    Lloyd was very unlucky but it was a great lay down with his jacks when you had bullets in big blind mod.

it was a pretty good laydown but lloyd said that he had only seen him push once preflop which has only sparked something in me now. I noticed that even though some of us were seeing a lot of flops and playing a lot of pots(no-one in particular of course) any preflop raises were always respected as everyone seemed to have monsters when they raised. I think thetwo most common seen hands were Aces and Kings followed by queens and AK.

I know there were steals late on as people were getting desperate including me but the standard at our table was the highest of all the tables i saw which seemed to cut out all the rubbish you usual see but for me the donkey of the day its close btw is between the KJ offsuite lad who called two all-ins and the young "3k every bet " lad who when someone was critisized on raising with Ace rag he goes

"ye but six handed A rag is a monster"

Iceman78 wrote:
    If that was you with the royal flush draw that missed lloyd, i am guessing that you are the same fella who ran your queens into my bullets soon afterwards. You were unlucky there as i had just doubled up but had been pushing with any 2 earlier in the game when you were in blinds on my button.

2 unlucky hands as if i remember right, you had top pair and royal flush draw when you lost that big hand.

That's correct mate, I had top pair, while any spade, any 9 and any Ace would have saved my bacon while there were 11 cards in the deck that would have won the hand for me after the flop. Conclusion = I had to call.

As for your hand, I was delighted when you raised 5,500 and I looked down at Queens because you had been pushing alot. Moreover, you had just got pocket Kings about 3/4 hands previous and that was also a factor in my thinking.

Oh well, if nobody ever ran into a hand tourneys like yesterday would take about two days to finish!!:)

aodea wrote:
    lyold laid down jacks thats incrediable for him maybe he is becoming the tight player i always wanted him to be

A) I am quite tight!!

B) You would think that you could spell my name by now.

Trippie wrote:
    it was a pretty good laydown but lloyd said that he had only seen him push once preflop which has only sparked something in me now. I noticed that even though some of us were seeing a lot of flops and playing a lot of pots(no-one in particular of course) any preflop raises were always respected as everyone seemed to have monsters when they raised. I think thetwo most common seen hands were Aces and Kings followed by queens and AK.

I know there were steals late on as people were getting desperate including me but the standard at our table was the highest of all the tables i saw which seemed to cut out all the rubbish you usual see but for me the donkey of the day its close btw is between the KJ offsuite lad who called two all-ins and the young "3k every bet " lad who when someone was critisized on raising with Ace rag he goes

"ye but six handed A rag is a monster"

That quote from the young lad was a great one. Once i heard that, i was delighted as i knew his chips were there for the taking.

Was just a bit worried though as i kept pushing on his big blind and knew he would call with any ace when i was doing it with any 2 cards if folded around.

The KJ lad always plays like that, cant lay down any 2 picture cards.

I thought standard at table was pretty good from time i was there. Was not many continuation bets though if people missed but most stacks were short at this stage so maybe this was the reason.

The "young lad" wasn't great. That much is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Just did a full report on my blog... Its a long one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I don't belieeeeeve it.

The day after the last team event I started a new business and have been working my arse off since. I've played one $5 SnG on Full Tilt in that time and nothing else. Today I decided I'd see what the story was with the next team event and I find this thread.

:(

Sh!te.

Not even a PM from one of my team mates. Jaysus lads. I'm not impressed. I'll go and read it now and see what happened. I just hope that ...... Rory didn't win it again. ;)

Advertisement