Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** VN team event, July ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Iceman78

Congrats Rory, you played well from what i saw of you. I was going grand till we got to 2 tables and then went card dead and went out about 12th.

I felt sorry for the lad you knocked out when you pushed him all in on the blind from your big blind and you turned over AKs. That was sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Iceman78 wrote:
    Congrats Rory, you played well from what i saw of you. I was going grand till we got to 2 tables and then went card dead and went out about 12th.

I felt sorry for the lad you knocked out when you pushed him all in on the blind from your big blind and you turned over AKs. That was sick.

lol I think everyone knew who was going to win it after that hand.

who were you playing for ice?

Legend_DIT wrote:
    Congratulations Rory!

Which team took the cup?

74 off or something

culchies came second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Iceman78 wrote:

My brother.

He wasn't happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Well done Rory, frightening consistency in these events.

First Vegas Nights event I have been to and I was very impressed. The set up was great and the tourney was very well run. Nick does the work of about 4 people, and still manages to keep his cool. I'd be snapping peoples heads off left right and centre.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote:
    lol I think everyone knew who was going to win it after that hand.

who were you playing for ice?

I was playing for 74 offsuit. My mate split the money with Rory when they were heads up.

Was a great day and enjoyed the game even though i went out close to the bubble.

OllyK, id say your brother was well impressed with Rory getting that lucky on the blind against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Iceman78 wrote:
    I was playing for 74 offsuit. My mate split the money with Rory when they were heads up.

Was a great day and enjoyed the game even though i went out close to the bubble.

OllyK, id say your brother was well impressed with Rory getting that lucky on the blind against him.

Thats mad, I was on the JJP 74o team aswell, at one stage there was 3 of us on the same table. Did we win it in the end? I went home, p1ssed off, when I got knocked out.

I was my table leader(T5) at the break and to say I went card dead after the break is an understatement. I couldnt buy decent cards and ended up getting stung by blinds, KO'd 28th while trying to hang on for team points, I pushed with my best hand in 1.5hrs A8o.

Rory my mate was sitting at your table, when you were dealing, for a while and was saying you couldn't miss. So much so that when someone called you you said to him something to the effect of, "be careful Im hitting everything". And yet they still let you deal???? Wp mate congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wrote:

Could someone explain the hand please?:)

Good stuff on the win Rory.

Could someone explain the hand please?:)

Good stuff on the win Rory.

I think it went something like

ollyk's brother raises, rory who hasn't looked at his cards yet re-raises him, costing ollyk's brother all his chips to call he does.

Rory flips over AKs ollys bro had a3o or something rory wins.

ntlbell wrote:
    I think it went something like

ollyk's brother raises, rory who hasn't looked at his cards yet re-raises him, costing ollyk's brother all his chips to call he does.

Rory flips over AKs ollys bro had a3o or something rory wins.

Im guessing ollys brother has a shortish stack and rory not so short?. if so i cant see anything sick about it?.

• Advertisement

Im guessing ollys brother has a shortish stack and rory not so short?. if so i cant see anything sick about it?.

I think at the time ollys bro had about 24k and rory had 70k not sure what the blinds were at the time 1k/2k possibly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Maybe they are commenting on the luck of Rory calling Olly's brothers All inn without looking at his cards and when Rory tunrs them over its the big slick.

Dub13 wrote:
    Maybe they are commenting on the luck of Rory calling Olly's brothers All inn without looking at his cards and when Rory tunrs them over its the big slick.

and what happened you paul???

ntlbell wrote:
    I think at the time ollys bro had about 24k and rory had 70k not sure what the blinds were at the time 1k/2k possibly

About 24k eh!. A very contemptous re-raise by the sounds of it!.

details are sketchy and are subject to change!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rory is rigged........

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

HalfBaked wrote:
    First Vegas Nights event I have been to and I was very impressed. The set up was great and the tourney was very well run. Nick does the work of about 4 people, and still manages to keep his cool. I'd be snapping peoples heads off left right and centre.

Fair play to Nick for a very decent tourney. It went off without any problems that I could see. Looking forward to the next one already...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭JJP PokerMania

Congrats to Darren Meade and Rory who spilt the money both lads played great.

An even bigger congrats to 7/4 off suit, a team of ringers i put together who took home the team event and helped me cover some of my side bets. Just about every1 in the room (expect for nick) had money on me to be knocked out before them.

A big congrats to nick who ran a 120 player tournie on his own, excellent mate. you should defo this more often.

ger, chris and andy i have your share of team money will give it to you tonight in the spawell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I think you have the details about right Ntl as I was told them second hand anyway.

The main conclusion to be drawn from this team event is that myself, Dom and Brian are off the team and we're leaving the ringer (finished 9th), my brother (19 or 20th yesterday but at least in the points), Marq (ex-champ) and Ionapaul (was a wee bit tender yesterday but has a track record of performance) on the team and building a new team around those guys.

BigD might get one more chance to redeem himself as he's had a few results in the past... ;)

I'm a ruthless manager and the below par performances by the three of us means transfer listings for us. I mean ffs I couldn't even win with 72 sooted!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ntlbell wrote:
    and what happened you paul???

Did you not get my PM....?I taught it was on next Sunday,sent you a OM on friday (I think).

I am raging that I missed this and looking forward to the next one,thats if there is going to be a next one any word...?

• Advertisement

I was at table at the time it happened. Ollyks brother had been thieving for last round of table as he was talking about doubling up or heading to the fitz. Was folded around to him on button. Blinds 1/2k, he raised to 6k, rory reraised to 20k on blind. Ollyk brother pushed for bout 30k and was called blind. It was sick when Rory turned over his AK.

Am sure i ran into a few boardsies during the day but did not know any of ye so did not say hello. Im guessing that my nemesis all day who eventually knocked me out is a boardsie. Anyone want to own up about who took me out when my pocket fours ran into a big blind holding cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

Dub13 wrote:
    I am raging that I missed this and looking forward to the next one,thats if there is going to be a next one any word...?

I'm thinking of holding this event once a month.

Any thoughts???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭JJP PokerMania

Any thoughts???

Sounds great nick, i'll put together a couple of teams if this becomes more regular. If you can avoid the 1st Sunday of each month as i'll have a big game on. 3rd Septmeber and 1st October is gone already.

If you can i think you should up the money, bigger prize pool and better day for yourself.

Once again well done nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

was a great tourni although us students did not perform again although my thinking is we are all so young that in a few years we will own this tourni. like the idea of this being monthly would defo play. at least i won a side game think i played 4 hands but everyone was so crazy they knocked each other out happy days.

wanna say thanks to nick for all the work he put in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Following on from Olly's post earlier, I would liek to announce my retirement from this game as I seem to be bad for the team. This is an emotional moment, but should ensure that I don't need to get up at midday on a Sunday again for a while.

Any thoughts???

I think it works well and gets a good number of teams because it aint on so often. If it was held monthly, people would get bored after a while. Every couple of months seems to work well so why change?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ill play every event you ever run Nick, they are sooo profitable for me :)

Ive made close to 3K in the 3 tourneys of yours Ive played!

Cheers for the support lads, but as usual, my team let me down and the silverware was out of reach... :)

As for the hand with Olly's bro...

I had just over 85K and he had 28K. We had been stealing blinds all over the place and the whole table was having a good laugh! Also, he had been going on for ages about needing to make a move and double up, or go to the Fitz. With this in mind, I said to him, "if you raise my BB i'll raise in the dark".

The table had a good laugh, but seeing as I had been hitting cards all night, I reckoned I was probably favourite no matter what he had! Anyway, blinds were 1K/2K, he raised it to 6K and I threw in the first chip I picked up, a white one which happened to be 20K!. He pushed and as it was only another 8K I had to call.

I still dont know what I was at, but it was all a bit of fun :) How surprised was I to turn over AK...

Anyway, another 1K in the bank, and my 99% record in Vegasnights games is upheld :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Any thoughts???

Yea....that your mental!!.

Seriously though I heard nothing but good things from those who took part and I'd say you'd get the numbers.

An idea might be to run a league (as well as the team prizes for each event) over a 6/12 months with a prize for the top teams over the period. This would encourage team to enter every time, and guarantee numbers on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

aodea wrote:
    was a great tourni although us students did not perform again although my thinking is we are all so young that in a few years we will own this tourni.

dont tar me with the same brush as the rest of you's. iv managed to do ok in all three events so far unlike the rest of the dit chancers.

i gave llyod a harsher beat than you when i was dealing and he didnt connect with his royal flush draw against mick's bottom straight

• Advertisement

aodea wrote:
    was a great tourni although us students did not perform again although my thinking is we are all so young that in a few years we will own this tourni. like the idea of this being monthly would defo play. at least i won a side game think i played 4 hands but everyone was so crazy they knocked each other out happy days.

wanna say thanks to nick for all the work he put in.

4 hands? stop trying to make yourself look loose, I counted, you played 1 the last 1 :D

Advertisement